HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:46 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,728 Posts
Doubletap, I ordered a green 6020 from BOB that shipped 12-31-10 and I dont have it yet?? I live in Missouri,so maybe a day or so more?
Predreadnut is offline Find More Posts by Predreadnut
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:52 PM
Joined Dec 2010
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
and more reliable for sure

you must have gotten a bad one cause my s107 with the picco is impressively faster, i actually have fun flying it outside for a change after the mod as it started collecting dust before the mod out of boredom
How do you fly this outside. As I know, all the IR heli are subject to light. I did try with my 6025, 9808 and s022 but neither response to RC correctly. Any mod done on it to work outside?
micuyen is offline Find More Posts by micuyen
Last edited by micuyen; Jan 10, 2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:54 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overedline View Post
I think the USB cable connector in the tx is an improvement because I always felt that those tx charge cables were too darn short.

Yes it is a design improvement.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:55 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predreadnut View Post
Doubletap, I ordered a green 6020 from BOB that shipped 12-31-10 and I dont have it yet?? I live in Missouri,so maybe a day or so more?

I'm guessing you should be receiving yours any day now.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:57 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micuyen View Post
How do you fly this outside. As I know, all the IR heli are subject to light. I did try with my 9025, 9808 and s022 but neither response to RC correctly. Any mod done on it to work outside?

There is no way to make an IR controlled toy to be able to be able to fly in sunlight or under exposure of other IR sources and not risk losing control.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:09 PM
Joined Dec 2010
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
There is no way to make an IR controlled toy to be able to be able to fly in sunlight or under exposure of other IR sources and not risk losing control.
Thanks. I agreed.
micuyen is offline Find More Posts by micuyen
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:14 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
i just got a note that my bob numen 809 arrived today, unbelievable that it came so fast after it was shipped out on january 5th, will review it tonight when i get home
Cool ... scorp, you should start a new "Numen No. 809" thread so we all can give our inputs when they arrive. I should have mine show up here in the next day or two I would think.

Shipped Jan 5th and arrived today from China? ...
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:34 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Cool ... scorp, you should start a new "Numen No. 809" thread so we all can give our inputs when they arrive. I should have mine show up here in the next day or two I would think.

Shipped Jan 5th and arrived today from China? ...
yea was ordered on 31st dec and got the note that it shipped on the 5th jan, i was surprised i got it so quick...

i might start the thread on it tonight but it better be in one piece when i get home and open the box
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:35 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
You can fly outside when the sun is low in the horizon, and you are in a shaded area, and of course when it gets dark. Direct sunlight will interfere with the signal. I've never had problems with any lighting inside the house.

Ed

Quote:
How do you fly this outside. As I know, all the IR heli are subject to light. I did try with my 6025, 9808 and s022 but neither response to RC correctly. Any mod done on it to work outside?
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:38 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
i only fly outside early in the morning before the sun come out and at dusk or anytime at night assuming there is no wind a slight breeze is ok, i tried on a cloudy day and you can usually get away with it at least with the z005 but s107 is sensitive even on cloudy days if the sun is peeking through somewhere and i discovered that by losing the throttle all of a sudden and it went straight down from 20 plus feet to cement, amazingly nothing broke
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:45 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3 View Post
You can fly outside when the sun is low in the horizon, and you are in a shaded area, and of course when it gets dark. Direct sunlight will interfere with the signal. I've never had problems with any lighting inside the house.

Ed
Only lights in the house that will interfere with the IR signal are those florescent bulbs when you first turn them on. My TV remote won't work at all for about 30 sec after I turn one on - something going on with the warm-up phase of these bulbs. So don't turn on a florescent bulb and then fly the IR heli until a few minutes later.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:58 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
k guys, I just came across this website about an hour ago called rctoys-cn.net and went to their Heli section, and I think they have just about EVERY model 3ch available out there today! From the Protocol which sells in Bestbuy and Futureshop, to all the syma models. In fact, most of them i've never seen before

Now heres the bad news, Its a wholesaler BUT i figured I'd post it up here so everyone could get their fix of "heli-smut" lol

http://www.rctoys-cn.net/ehibition/e...sp?sort_id=250
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:08 PM
Boothwyn, PA
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
My 809 also shipped the 31st but has not arrived yet. I am on the east coast, so maybe in a day or two.. Cant wait. Scorp make sure you post pics and let us know what you think of it.
zeros is offline Find More Posts by zeros
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:25 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
i just got a note that my bob numen 809 arrived today, unbelievable that it came so fast after it was shipped out on january 5th, will review it tonight when i get home
Wicked stuff man! I had my falcon 8913 ship on the 4th, and a S022 on the 7th... Hopefully my stuff will start rolling on in soon too
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:44 PM
United States, OH, Delaware
Joined Jan 2011
96 Posts
My BOB order left Hong Kong today the 10th, but I did include a non heli item also so I'm not concerned.
And my AliExpress order for the 9098 ($16.49) and 8913 ($28.42) from sunning Tan also shipping today, AND the tracking numbers are working!
So we shall see......it could be just a box of rocks
bracketman is offline Find More Posts by bracketman