Check out my RC Video Blog
Medford, New Jersey
Joined Jul 2002
718 Posts
Jia Qi 8008
4 Channel
$35.89 Shipped to the Eastern U.S

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1001...Hobby-Toy.html

I have some videos of this heli on my blog. While this uses the sliding swashplate design, it is still a decent 4 channel. I still enjoy mine very much

http://rcblogger.blip.tv/file/4400581/

Good price for this one.
dwholler is offline Find More Posts by dwholler
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:30 AM
Check out my RC Video Blog
Medford, New Jersey
Joined Jul 2002
718 Posts
3 Channel Swift?
They call it an 8010a, not real sure what brand it is.
check out the transmitter, different!
$20.19 shipped to East Coast of US.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1001...elicopter.html
dwholler is offline Find More Posts by dwholler
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:52 AM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
There is one less Protocol Thunderjet available from Lord & Taylor. I just couldn't help myself.

My S107 with the r5 board is down to 32grams, and the thing still doesn't turn well. It climbs like a rocket, and goes forward like it's been shot out of a gun, but it won't turn. The S105 non gyro must turn faster than that. Plus, I'm curious about what a non-gyro feels like. More challenge for faster turning is a fair trade I think. For $19 why not find out?

The worst case scenario is that it stinks, and I have a pile of spare parts. The best case scenario is that the TJ is acceptable, and I'll give the S107 to my wife. Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to learn that she actually likes flying it.

All this justification to avoid saying I couldn't hold out any longer.
_pokey is offline Find More Posts by _pokey
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:59 AM
Boothwyn, PA
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
Please let me know what you think of it. Maybe I am doing something wrong or something is bad on mine, but all it seems to do is spin. If I try to move forward i can never get it top go straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _pokey View Post
There is one less Protocol Thunderjet available from Lord & Taylor. I just couldn't help myself.

My S107 with the r5 board is down to 32grams, and the thing still doesn't turn well. It climbs like a rocket, and goes forward like it's been shot out of a gun, but it won't turn. The S105 non gyro must turn faster than that. Plus, I'm curious about what a non-gyro feels like. More challenge for faster turning is a fair trade I think. For $19 why not find out?

The worst case scenario is that it stinks, and I have a pile of spare parts. The best case scenario is that the TJ is acceptable, and I'll give the S107 to my wife. Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to learn that she actually likes flying it.

All this justification to avoid saying I couldn't hold out any longer.
zeros is offline Find More Posts by zeros
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:10 AM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeros View Post
Please let me know what you think of it. Maybe I am doing something wrong or something is bad on mine, but all it seems to do is spin. If I try to move forward i can never get it to go straight.
That stinks. I think I'd exchange it rather than tinker with it. My brother loved his until he broke the top propeller mount. He's looking for spare parts, rather than replace the heli. His impression alone indicates to me that there are good ones to be had. Lord and Taylor is a national brand, so they're likely to do the exchange over the phone. I'd try that.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:13 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
No gyro in that copter, Zeros?
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:16 AM
Boothwyn, PA
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
No gyro in that copter, Zeros?
Nope, that's why I was buggin the hell out of you to sell me that S107 R3 board and controller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _pokey View Post
That stinks. I think I'd exchange it rather than tinker with it. My brother loved his until he broke the top propeller mount. He's looking for spare parts, rather than replace the heli. His impression alone indicates to me that there are good ones to be had. Lord and Taylor is a national brand, so they're likely to do the exchange over the phone. I'd try that.
Well, for $12 I'll just keep it and play with it i guess. They don't have them in the store so I would have to ship it back and wait for a new one. Not worth it for $12 to me.
zeros is offline Find More Posts by zeros
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:34 AM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeros View Post
Well, for $12 I'll just keep it and play with it i guess. They don't have them in the store so I would have to ship it back and wait for a new one. Not worth it for $12 to me.
In that case, clean and lube everything. Check for binding motors and gears, and consider replacing the offending pieces if you find any.

But I still say call 'em and see what they say. Just tell them that you need it for your nephew's birthday coming up real soon. If they don't resolve the issue to your satisfaction, call your credit card company for a refund. Yes, they do that.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:43 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
that esky big lama in red white blue is my next unit after the 8913, caught my eye over a month ago and still the unit of choice for outdoors, do you have that one?

cheapest price i've seen on it is $100 and notice its usually out of stock even from chinese sellers

Yes, of course I have a Big Lama.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:51 AM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Aliexpress(AEx) UPDATE: So one of the tracking numbers I was struggling to get to work has finally begun working. It took a total of 5 days to kick in, whereas another order I had only took a day for the tracking to begin hmm... Both were shipped via Hong Kong post.

So lets look at the scores for AEx:

6 TOTAL orders

3 - Working tracking numbers via HK post and/or EMS
1 - Shipped but tracking no. not working (China post)
1 - awaiting shipment confirmation (has 3 days b4 it auto cancels)
1 - Cancelled by seller (out of stock)

So things seem to be looking up more and more Apart from maybe snagging a Syma S026 off of AEx I think im done for a while. The way it looks I'm gonna have more than enough heli's to keep me occupied for a while!
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:26 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Ali Express record so far

Out of my 3 orders through AliExpress:

1 was canceled and refunded automatically for vendor failure to ship within alotted time.

2 Have shipped with shipping confirmations received with tracking, waiting for deliveries on these.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jan 10, 2011, 01:27 PM
RVA
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Jan 2011
114 Posts
Have followed this thread for a while now and this is my first post. Just thought I would weigh in on aliexpress....Ordered an S105G from Patti Zhong on 12/29. Received exactly what I ordered today, 1/10. Even now, the tracking for this package says it's somewhere in Asia.

I understand the skepticism so I thought it would be helpful to share a success story. I will be buying from Ali again...good luck to the rest of you!
RVA is offline Find More Posts by RVA
Old Jan 10, 2011, 01:43 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
My BOB request for a replacement heli I wanted crashed & burned. Now I can't decide which 4ch heli to use the refund for:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...RK:MESINDXX:IT

or

http://chinagrabber.com/g-t-model-r-...ol--d2365.aspx

but then I saw this SOLO 210A
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

Ahhh!!!
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Jan 10, 2011, 01:48 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
My BOB request for a replacement heli I wanted crashed & burned. Now I can't decide which 4ch heli to use the refund for:
BestOfferBuy.com (BOB) ... they are definitely on my "DO NOT BUY FROM" list from now on. They finally forced an unauthorized refund back to my PayPal account on the HQ852 deal. Besides, they have jacked up all their prices and I can find the same stuff cheaper on AliEx or elsewhere.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 10, 2011, 01:48 PM
Joined Dec 2010
61 Posts
Now that Nancy Q. deal had fall thru. I'm thinking to get DH9098 from this seller. I thought it's still a great price.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

Anyone here have 9098 and 9808? Do you know which one is better fly? I owned Team-RC HG08 (equivalent to 9808) and I like it a lot, very strong take off and quite, but I have not tried 9098. Meritline has 9808 for around $22 too so which is better buy?
micuyen is offline Find More Posts by micuyen