HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 06, 2011, 08:27 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
[QUOTE=Capn Crunchie;17027386]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
I sniped this auction this morning on Ebay "Mini Little Dolphin" IR 3CH w/gyro, $16 shipped, so if interested a bid must be entered, no Buy-it-Now. I was the only bidder with only a few seconds left, I hit the mark with my bid of 1 Cent. Shipping is $15.99 so the Total was exactly $16. This little IR 3 CH heli looks like very lightweight with all plastic and carbon boom., has gyro and 140mah lipo and USB charging cable:







Got my Mini Dolphin today for $16 shipped. Neat little flyer! Very stable, would make a great first chopper for a child. After all, it does look like a toy . I find this to be a bit easier to fly with precision than my Phantom/Phoenix. The yaw is not quite as sensitive making it easier to stop on a desired heading. Throttle is a bit easier to handle for minute altitude adjustments, too. Not as fast as the Phantom/Phoenix and no turbo button.

I had to add a little bit of juice to the lower shaft/grip mount because I couldn't trim out the left hand turning. After the lube job, I can trim it either way and get a steady heading. Works great!

It's seems more durable than the Phoenix/Phantom because the landing gear is made of a very flexible plastic (my Phantom broke). Blades seem to be exact copies of the Phantom but of a lighter gauge plastic. Meaning, less mass- longer flights. Balance is pretty good, steady hover. The enclosed plastic fuselage makes it a bit louder than Phantom and is held together with 7 screws. Oh well, I think my s026 uses more...

Overall, a great buy @ $16!

Oh yeah, and all channels A-B-C work.
Sweet! I'm still waiting for mine, it hasn't even shipped yet although I paid for it on 12/31 2010, when did you buy yours?







just received my fedex shipping confirmation, will be receiving my Mini Dolphin tomorrow!
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Last edited by Doubletap; Jan 06, 2011 at 08:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2011, 08:48 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2002
176 Posts
[QUOTE=Doubletap;17027714]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Crunchie View Post

Sweet! I'm still waiting for mine, it hasn't even shipped yet although I paid for it on 12/31 2010, when did you buy yours?
I paid for mine the same day you did - it was a slow New Years Eve. I never got a 'shipped' notice...BTW, I live in SF Bay Area, maybe yours will arrive tomorrow.

The lighter blades makes throttle control easier because it lets the blades spin up quicker to stop a descent. BUT, they do dent up faster. Stay away from the walls. Funny thing, touching the wall does not mean immediate crash though. Seems to take more flight errors before crashing than the Phantom/Phoenix's, making it a great first chopper for young 'uns.

I have been having a ball doing repetitive landings/take-offs on a magazine in my bedroom.

Going to keep my eyes out for more of these at that price!
Capn Crunchie is offline Find More Posts by Capn Crunchie
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2011, 08:52 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
[QUOTE=Capn Crunchie;17027896]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post

I paid for mine the same day you did - it was a slow New Years Eve. I never got a 'shipped' notice...BTW, I live in SF Bay Area, maybe yours will arrive tomorrow.

The lighter blades makes throttle control easier because it lets the blades spin up quicker to stop a descent. BUT, they do dent up faster. Stay away from the walls. Funny thing, touching the wall does not mean immediate crash though. Seems to take more flight errors before crashing than the Phantom/Phoenix's, making it a great first chopper for young 'uns.

I have been having a ball doing repetitive landings/take-offs on a magazine in my bedroom.

Going to keep my eyes out for more of these at that price!
Yeah, nice little chopper for $16, just received my Fedex shipping notice, it will be deliverd tomorrow, so I will have it when I get back from the AMA Expo.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2011, 08:55 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
Still waiting for my last 2 B.O.B. 3 CH IR purchases, a Swift and a 809, shipped on 12-27 and 12-29.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2011, 08:58 PM
Registered User
Predreadnut's Avatar
Joined Jul 2007
2,715 Posts
Waiting impatiently for my Green 6020 shipped by BOB 12-31-10. Have you ever wished you had gotten a different heli by the time your heli arrived? 2 or 3 wks is plenty of time for another model to be introduced as fast as micro heli models are comming!!!
Predreadnut is offline Find More Posts by Predreadnut
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2011, 08:59 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2002
176 Posts
[QUOTE=Doubletap;17027929]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Crunchie View Post

Yeah, nice little chopper for $16, just received my Fedex shipping notice, it will be deliverd tomorrow, so I will have it when I get back from the AMA Expo.
I'll be flying in Sat. @9:30 to the AMA show. Hope there will there will be something left by 10:30!
Capn Crunchie is offline Find More Posts by Capn Crunchie
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2011, 09:00 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predreadnut View Post
Waiting impatiently for my Green 6020 shipped by BOB 12-31-10. Have you ever wished you have gotten a different heli by the time your heli arrived? 2 or 3 wks is a long time as fast as micro heli models are comming!!!
Story of my life... I just wish I had something to fly right now... all my heli's are down, including my 6020, which makes it even more difficult to ignore how painfully long its gonna take to get my heli's in the mail...
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2011, 09:02 PM
Registered User
Predreadnut's Avatar
Joined Jul 2007
2,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
Story of my life... I just wish I had something to fly right now... all my heli's are down, including my 6020, which makes it even more difficult to ignore how painfully long its gonna take to get my heli's in the mail...
Yep, totally agree.
Predreadnut is offline Find More Posts by Predreadnut
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2011, 09:07 PM
Upstanding Member
Kurt's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,728 Posts
When you open her up pls post some pics. Looks like the batt is behind the PCB maybe.
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2011, 09:22 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
maukabud's Avatar
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
From the specs in your link ... :

"* this product USES double helix pulp design, effectively eliminate the Lord propeller reverse and long distance, more momentum, wind sex is stronger."

That's one wild heli .... LOL.
*gasp*...*choke*...gawd, I think that's thee most butt-*ugly chopper I've ever seen...lol!! But the best Chinglish in a while...lol!!
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2011, 09:27 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
*gasp*...*choke*...gawd, I think that's thee most butt-*ugly chopper I've ever seen...lol!! But the best Chinglish in a while...lol!!
I sir beg to differ, I think its a pretty awesome looking heli! And i think everyone will agree that anything that has "more momentum, wind sex is stronger." is bound to improve your overall Wind Sex
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2011, 09:28 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2002
176 Posts
[QUOTE=Capn Crunchie;17027896]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post

I have been having a ball doing repetitive landings/take-offs on a magazine in my bedroom.
This thing handles great in reverse! I have been able to do figure 8's fwd. and reverse easily inside the perimeter of my queen sized bed... and then land on the magazine. This 3ch will make a lousy pilot look good.

Luvin' it.
Capn Crunchie is offline Find More Posts by Capn Crunchie
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2011, 09:44 PM
Heli Mania
Hayabusa Heli's Avatar
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
And i think everyone will agree that anything that has "more momentum, wind sex is stronger." is bound to improve your overall Wind Sex
LMAO !!!
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2011, 10:10 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
maukabud's Avatar
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
LOL! All in good fun a'course...but it's still ugly...lol!


That "lil Dolphin" is growing on me...found one here for $19 shipped:

http://www.rcinthebox.com/little-dol...-_p147634.html


...any cheaper around still?

D*mmit...$14.91 left in the Paypal account til tomorrow.



Bud, here comes "heli-itus" again Bud
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Last edited by maukabud; Jan 06, 2011 at 10:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2011, 10:15 PM
Registered User
scorp's Avatar
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
no word from nancy yet, sent a message yesterday and nothing its like noone is at home, its ticking me off i want that falcon 8913 dammit

it hasn't shipped i donno if its going to ship and if it does wont see that till february for christ sakes...

how about any of you that ordered from her store either the 8913 or 9098 any signs of life?
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! Ignore This Thread for 20 and under anti-gravity Chit Chat 535 Apr 10, 2010 10:06 AM
Found Radio and Rcv for under $20 shipped jteplane Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Nov 09, 2009 03:44 PM
Sold TX heli $85 sale all reciever under $20 shipped L@@K Fune Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 16 Jul 29, 2009 11:13 AM
Sold 72Mhz Rx's. Electrons, Superslims under all $20 shipped Fune Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 10 Jul 24, 2009 12:03 AM
Sold RX 72Mhz all under $20 shipped Fune Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 6 Jul 22, 2009 10:28 PM