Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:52 AM
United States, NH, Manchester
Joined Sep 2004
224 Posts
Ali Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombyx View Post
The Juichon 9C002 (full RTF kit) at $28.80 shipped:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html (select the color box above quantity to see the total price).

A bit off-topic (not a coax) but it looks like a good deal for a 4ch 2.4GHz heli. As always with HK sellers, be sure every detail is clear (do not hesitate asking the seller) before ordering.
I would like to order one of these but have always been a little leary of Ali Express - has anyone ordered from them and how did it work out?
CitizenKane is offline Find More Posts by CitizenKane
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:57 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenKane View Post
I would like to order one of these but have always been a little leary of Ali Express - has anyone ordered from them and how did it work out?
I've order through Aliexpress numerous times, though not this particular seller (Aliexpress is an escrow service for many sellers). I would compare the safety of using aliepxress to that of using ebay, but everything happens at a slower pace.

On the heli itself, I've bought this model soon after it came out, but my particular sample was crap. (There are mixed reviews on the net, check for yourself.)
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:48 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Aliexpress worked for me so far, they don't give the sellers your money until you confirm that you received it. Shipping times vary a lot tho, I've had some orders arrive in 12 days, and others in 25+ days.
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:06 PM
United States, NH, Manchester
Joined Sep 2004
224 Posts
Thank you.

CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I've order through Aliexpress numerous times, though not this particular seller (Aliexpress is an escrow service for many sellers). I would compare the safety of using aliepxress to that of using ebay, but everything happens at a slower pace.

On the heli itself, I've bought this model soon after it came out, but my particular sample was crap. (There are mixed reviews on the net, check for yourself.)
CitizenKane is offline Find More Posts by CitizenKane
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:00 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,755 Posts
Lime Green S107G breaks the $16 barrier today, selling at $15.99 at Amazon FSSS, via our favorite seller, Battery Superstore, too. Also available in White, same price. This is the lowest I have seen on a genuine 2012 S107G.

Edit: Corrected Link. Thanks, Roboheli.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Last edited by Heli Pad; Sep 20, 2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:39 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,900 Posts
Check your URL there, HP. Not sure that was the web addy you wanted to post (ebay vs amazon)?
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:55 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,900 Posts
S107Gs are $16.18 at this link today:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/8499000606/

They say the colors may vary...
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:18 PM
Boothwyn, PA
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
Here is one of my RTF Coax Nine Eagles 210A 4ch helicopters for sale. It should be a nice start into 4 channels for anyone looking to move up from a IR 3ch such as a S107. I'm asking $35 shipped OBO:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1749082
zeros is offline Find More Posts by zeros
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:00 AM
noob
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2011
116 Posts
OK...I need a 4ch copter...which one do I go with:

JXD Drift King = $21.59 shipped

Syma S800G = $22.35 shipped

Jiuchon 9C002 = $22.80 shipped

The 9c002 is the only 2.4g and has a removable battery. I'm just concerned it may not be as reliable and I feel less comfortable ordering from a non-Amazon site.

Thoughts?
Veccster is offline Find More Posts by Veccster
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:51 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post

The 9c002 is the only 2.4g and has a removable battery. I'm just concerned it may not be as reliable and I feel less comfortable ordering from a non-Amazon site.

Thoughts?
Don't know anything about the Drift King, but the other two are hit or miss from my experience, the Syma I got had a tx problem right out of box and I returned it for refund. Even when functional, the controls were slow and sluggish. The Jiuchon I got was even worse, one servo broke after a few crashes, and motor lacked power. I'd spend 13 bucks more and get a Helios
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Be...o-p-47798.html
or slightly more for a v911
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ne...)-p-36779.html
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,755 Posts
Quote:

Thoughts?
These are 3 very different helicopters. The Drift King is what I would not called a true 4 ch. It is a 3+1 ch, because it is basically built on a 3 ch helicopter and added a little gadget to make it drift sideways, poor implementation at that. The advantage of the Drift King is that you could easily configure it to fly Mode 2, or Mode 4.

The Syma 800G is a 4ch coaxial. But it is Mode 4, which is a bad step to take if you want to go up the chain to some more serious 4ch flying, which pretty much everything is mode 2 there. The Tx is very small and the not precise.

The JC 9C002 is a true 4ch 2.4GHz single rotor fixed pitched. It doesn't belong to this "coaxial" forum. It is a poor implementation of a Blade mSR clone. But I think it is the right step towards the next level. However, instead of the 9C002, you should visit the Micro Helicopter forums and research on the WL-V911 (a easy flyer and one of the best), or the GW9958 (a challenging performance flyer). They cost about $40-50 shipped. PM me if you're interested in these, because I have too many of them, and I'm downsizing.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:34 PM
noob
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2011
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
These are 3 very different helicopters. The Drift King is what I would not called a true 4 ch. It is a 3+1 ch, because it is basically built on a 3 ch helicopter and added a little gadget to make it drift sideways, poor implementation at that. The advantage of the Drift King is that you could easily configure it to fly Mode 2, or Mode 4.

The Syma 800G is a 4ch coaxial. But it is Mode 4, which is a bad step to take if you want to go up the chain to some more serious 4ch flying, which pretty much everything is mode 2 there. The Tx is very small and the not precise.

The JC 9C002 is a true 4ch 2.4GHz single rotor fixed pitched. It doesn't belong to this "coaxial" forum. It is a poor implementation of a Blade mSR clone. But I think it is the right step towards the next level. However, instead of the 9C002, you should visit the Micro Helicopter forums and research on the WL-V911 (a easy flyer and one of the best), or the GW9958 (a challenging performance flyer). They cost about $40-50 shipped. PM me if you're interested in these, because I have too many of them, and I'm downsizing.
Excellent help, Heli! I have flown the Drift King and it flies like a souped up 107g. Almost the same controllability...just faster.

I read some reviews about the controls not being that precise with the 800G so I had my concerns.

I really like that the 9002 is 2.4g as I'd like to fly outside when the winds are dead calm. I've tried it with my 107 but only at night when the sun doesn't interfere. I saw the V911 in my research and it does sound like it's the step up from the 9002 (or a newer model of it). I saw it on Amazon but it was $50 - more than 2x the price of the 9002. Made me wonder if it's that big of an increase.

Are they really that different - the 9002 and the V911?

I'm not looking for anything toooo fast or performance built. I liked the speed of the Drift King (with turbo button pressed) but want 4ch control. I also have about 15 small lipo's that are used for my HZ Champ so I want a heli with an exchangeable battery.

Also a thanks to Stonecutter! Sounds like you had a similar experience with poor TX on the Syma. Also recommended the V911...
Veccster is offline Find More Posts by Veccster
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Apr 2005
419 Posts
Great info, fellas!

Have both the Drift King and the S800 and prefer the Drift King myself as it seems to be easier to control. Really like the controller Mode change (hold the two top buttons down, turn on the controller, and release the buttons after a couple seconds) and find that I have to get used to flying Mode 2 after primarily flying S107's. The S800 can be converted to Mode 2 with a modification to the circuit board of the controller as mentioned in the S800 thread.
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:34 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,755 Posts
Well, Veccster, if you're thinking of 2.4GHz, and going outside, you are ready to leave the coaxial helicopters in the house. As far as I'm concerned, most coaxial on the market are not suitable for outdoors, even with a radio controller. There are exceptions, but they are few and far in between.

So, to enjoy outdoor flying, you should be looking at Single Rotors (so I'm going off-topic, sorry), with or without a Flybar. With Flybar, it's easier to control. Without Flybar, you have to be a good pilot because it requires constant stick adjustments, but it cuts through wind much better.

9C002 by Jiuchon is an older design. It has been reported as a noisy, sluggish helicopter. It's cheap. No argument there. In comparison, GW9958 is a much better bird. But flying the 9958 is a handful at first. You'll be looking at a few glorious crashes and some repair work. V911 is more stable, and easier to control. It's great indoor. I find it struggling in the outdoor. But some owners said that theirs fly great outdoor. Mine doesn't.

Incidentally, Jiuchon also make a V911 clone (clone of a clone), and it is a great machine. We call it a Yellow 911, for lack of a better name. Trouble is, you can't find it with a controller any more. They are sold as BNF heli only. So, unless you already own a V911, or a compatible radio, it is not a good option for you.

In general, once you get outdoor, what seems fast inside the house is now a crawl. So, if I were you, err on performance. You're gonna need it.
Last edited by Heli Pad; Oct 17, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:45 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Excellent help, Heli! I have flown the Drift King and it flies like a souped up 107g. Almost the same controllability...just faster.

I read some reviews about the controls not being that precise with the 800G so I had my concerns.

I really like that the 9002 is 2.4g as I'd like to fly outside when the winds are dead calm. I've tried it with my 107 but only at night when the sun doesn't interfere. I saw the V911 in my research and it does sound like it's the step up from the 9002 (or a newer model of it). I saw it on Amazon but it was $50 - more than 2x the price of the 9002. Made me wonder if it's that big of an increase.

Are they really that different - the 9002 and the V911?

I'm not looking for anything toooo fast or performance built. I liked the speed of the Drift King (with turbo button pressed) but want 4ch control. I also have about 15 small lipo's that are used for my HZ Champ so I want a heli with an exchangeable battery.

Also a thanks to Stonecutter! Sounds like you had a similar experience with poor TX on the Syma. Also recommended the V911...
The GW9958 will take the batteries you already have for your champ with no modifications
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8