Old Jan 03, 2011, 08:42 PM
Check out my RC Video Blog
Medford, New Jersey
Joined Jul 2002
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
I see it has Escrow payment, and says:
"Payment is only released to suppliers after you confirm delivery. Escrow is free and easy to use."

So what prevents someone saying they didn't receive the product when they actually did? Is there a signature required on delivery?
I believe all that is needed is a signature if paying via paypal.. so I think that's good for us. But i am keeping my orders to a minimum with this site, just to be safe. Its the first time i have used this auction site so I only ordered one.

I already have a lanneret IV that i ordered previously from ebay.. so this will be my second one of this type 4 channel
dwholler is offline Find More Posts by dwholler
Last edited by dwholler; Jan 03, 2011 at 08:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2011, 09:50 PM
United States, OH, Delaware
Joined Jan 2011
96 Posts
I've been watching this thread and then there is this from the Aliexpress site.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

You have to buy two but with shipping there $24.49 each.
And these guys have feed back.

I know it's not with-in the price range but I post this just to compare with others.In fact you can get it as low as $20.62 if you buy enough.

So nancy Qin's prices are not that far off....but feedback would make me feel alot better about pulling the trigger.

Also she has 14125 listings, that's a heck of alot of work to list with lower prices on each item and she is shipping them the cheapest way possible.......not like the scammer on ebay.

So time will tell
bracketman is online now Find More Posts by bracketman
Last edited by bracketman; Jan 03, 2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2011, 09:58 PM
United States, OH, Delaware
Joined Jan 2011
96 Posts
Also I am wondering if anyone has gotten there Numan No. 809 yet or did I miss that in this thread. There was alot of buz about it but no review yet.

Anyone?
bracketman is online now Find More Posts by bracketman
Old Jan 03, 2011, 10:07 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracketman View Post
Also I am wondering if anyone has gotten there Numan No. 809 yet or did I miss that in this thread. There was alot of buz about it but no review yet.

Anyone?
its too early yet, probably end of this week early next the ones who ordered right away will receive it
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Jan 03, 2011, 10:11 PM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Rebranded Syma S107 Silver w/ 5 LEDs

Protocol Thunderjet $18.90 shipped with promo Code TAKE2 (promo expires 01-11-2011)

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/eng/Men...-lordandtaylor

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/_static...46487_40_5.jpg

This may be a knock off, but I have reason to believe, and I really want to believe it's a genuine Syma that's been re-branded. This thing is $12.95 + shipping. If somone has a Lord and Taylor near you, could you verify the validity of this helicopter's pedigree for the rest of us?

Here is a printable %20 off coupon to make this thing $12.95 if picked up personally.

If this thing turns out to be the real McCoy, then you are contractually obligated to like me from here on in.
_pokey is offline Find More Posts by _pokey
Last edited by _pokey; Jan 03, 2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2011, 10:17 PM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Oh yeah, and there's more

this has nothing to do with helicopters, at all, but rather is an awesome song about an arduino based robot that blows bubbles. El Bubblino

Also less than $20 delivered.
Old Jan 03, 2011, 10:17 PM
Medford, New Jersey
Joined Jul 2002
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pokey View Post
Protocol Thunderjet $18.90 shipped with promo Code TAKE2 (promo expires 01-11-2011)

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/eng/Men...dtaylor/146487

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/_static...46487_40_5.jpg

This may be a knock off, but I have reason to believe, and I really want to believe it's a genuine Syma that's been re-branded. This thing is $12.95 + shipping. If somone has a Lord and Taylor near you, could you verify the validity of this helicopter's pedigree for the rest of us?

Here is a printable %20 off coupon to make this thing $12.95 if picked up personally.

If this thing turns out to be the real McCoy, then you are contractually obligated to like me from here on in.
Your first link says i am not allowed to see this item! So maybe its some sort of special since you have bought from them or something?
Old Jan 03, 2011, 10:26 PM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Sorry, fixed it. Try it again.
Old Jan 03, 2011, 10:33 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracketman View Post
So nancy Qin's prices are not that far off....but feedback would make me feel alot better about pulling the trigger.

Also she has 14125 listings, that's a heck of alot of work to list with lower prices on each item and she is shipping them the cheapest way possible.......not like the scammer on ebay.

So time will tell
thats why i pulled the trigger, it takes a lot of time to build out an offering of that size its not a simple thing like pop a listing or two like that aus scammer, on top of it there is aliexpress escrow protection plus paypal 45 days to raise the issue in case something goes wrong, safe enough for me.
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Jan 03, 2011, 10:33 PM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
BTW: my brother actually has this heli in his hands, but he knows even less than I do about them. Is there an easy way for him to check the validity of this for us? I can call him tomorrow.
Old Jan 03, 2011, 10:35 PM
Medford, New Jersey
Joined Jul 2002
718 Posts
yea.. it redirected to the front page.. but if you go to their search.. and type helicopter.. its comes up.. then apply the TAKE2 promo it comes in $20.23 with tax. (i live in NJ so i have 7% sales tax)

see you NH people with no sales tax, you really got it good... : ))

good find.

here is a larger picture too
Last edited by dwholler; Jan 03, 2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2011, 10:48 PM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
I already have 2 107's on the way from xheli.com, a JXD 340 from rc-fever, two different sets of tail rotors, thermoforming plastic (for canopy), car usb charger, and wall usb charger from amazon (and a sheet of carbon fiber to replace the metal plates is getting ordered next paycheck) or else I'd buy one myself. I wish I'd found this deal last week. I coulda' saved $14 and justified the cost of an extra one.

EDIT: Here's a question for you. How long will it take for them to sell out now that this forum knows about it? we should start a pool.
Old Jan 03, 2011, 10:56 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pokey View Post
I already have 2 107's on the way from xheli.com, a JXD 340 from rc-fever.
I was real close to pulling the trigger on that JXD 340, but i was deterred by the style Swash plate it had and figured for the same price i could get a falcon 8913/lanneret 4 so I went with the falcon from Cyberport888 on ebay for 40 buck shipped. I am very interested in how the jxd 340 performs, make sure you make a new product thread when you recieve it, (this is a new product rite?)
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Jan 03, 2011, 11:27 PM
Medford, New Jersey
Joined Jul 2002
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
I was real close to pulling the trigger on that JXD 340, but i was deterred by the style Swash plate it had and figured for the same price i could get a falcon 8913/lanneret 4 so I went with the falcon from Cyberport888 on ebay for 40 buck shipped. I am very interested in how the jxd 340 performs, make sure you make a new product thread when you recieve it, (this is a new product rite?)
If i were you i would hold off on the 340. I have 2 jia Qui 8008's that use that same swash plate, and when maneuvering, they tend to lose altitude fairly quickly when not flying in a straight line. Its almost as that type of swash sucks too much juice from the battery and it affects its altitude. While its still a decent flyer, you have to keep that in mind and adjust the throttle accordingly.
Old Jan 03, 2011, 11:29 PM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
I think it is. I'll be sure to write it up a fully as I know how. It's currently racing the s107 to my door for the honor of being my first Heli.