HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2011, 09:10 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Those are USB type charging cables. They have no markings for polarity and can only plug in one way.

Mike.
OK, I understand now you guys were talking about the chargers with round connectors, but several different brands use the Syma charger, I was wondering if as far as you knew, all those are the same polarity, voltage? I have a Falcon 8913 that I want to charge but the charger that came with it is an ac type with asian type plug
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2011, 09:47 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
OK, I understand now you guys were talking about the chargers with round connectors, but several different brands use the Syma charger, I was wondering if as far as you knew, all those are the same polarity, voltage? I have a Falcon 8913 that I want to charge but the charger that came with it is an ac type with asian type plug
You can pick up a plug adapter for a few bucks from Ebay, or places like Amazon, Meritline, Dealextreme

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/univers...pter-plug-2723
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:44 AM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
The charging voltage is the same for 1S LiPo packs, which is what most of the small stuff uses. 1S means "one cell."

No, using the same conector does not guarantee the same polarity and a mismatch will destroy the battery. I've done it. That said, I have many helis I charge using a Syma charger and do polarity checks before trying it. But I know nothing about the Falcon 8913.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:49 AM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
(Stamp, just curious,.. are you far from Orland? )
I am north subs. Near the former Palwaukee Airport...now known as Chicago Executive Airport. About 30-45 mins away.
Nice to have you here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I hope that comes with a BJ

Mike.
Omg Mike, you're a wild man
Put the Ouzo down my friend

Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Sep 18, 2011, 05:44 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Sep 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleT View Post
I'm guessing you mean http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_conn...cal_connectors

Be careful, they come in different physical sizes and vary in polarity. You can't assume a charge cable for make/model XXX is safe with make/model YYY.
This sure helps me on my quest for the usb charger with cylindrical plug.
I am think of cutting the plug out of the remote and connect it to a Syma usb charger(clone)
If i buy a multimeter , can i then measure + and - of the usb charger?
outfast is offline Find More Posts by outfast
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:49 PM
USA, Ripley, WV
Joined Dec 2010
56 Posts
OK, this is a little out of range, but I need feedback from my bargain brothers.

I pulled the trigger on this LAMA V6 2.4G 4CH thinking it was a new model from Esky, but I was too quick to purchase and now I find out it's not even made by Esky.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-RC-4-Cha...ht_3442wt_1165

$50.98 shipped (my winning bid + shipping).

Same size as a LAMA V4 or my CX2 (16 - 18 inches), but 1/3 of the price. If I can find access to parts, I'm happy with the purchase.

Anybody own one of these?
Heavy_D is offline Find More Posts by Heavy_D
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:02 AM
Joined Sep 2011
105 Posts
You're really going to pay $49.99 in shipping?! lol

There's a couple of vids of that model on youtube...no real information. Seems a bit light for outdoor duty...the vid shows it flopping around on a breeze. Indoor flight seemed pretty stable from another. I'm willing to bet that for $50 it's really lightweight components in a big chassis.
makenzie71 is offline Find More Posts by makenzie71
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:08 AM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by outfast View Post
This sure helps me on my quest for the usb charger with cylindrical plug.
I am think of cutting the plug out of the remote and connect it to a Syma usb charger(clone)
If i buy a multimeter , can i then measure + and - of the usb charger?
Yes, but verify the polarity of the barrel connector before you cut the cord. Then you can match it with one of the USB cables you cut.

I have one heli with this style of charging connector and bought a USB cable for another heli with this style (none available for this bird from the supplier). I got lucky, polarity matched even though the USB cable's barrel seems to be just slightly small and I have to rotate it in the socket to get a solid contact. It helps that this one lights up when charging starts, not when it ends, allowing me to adjust until the light comes on bright and solid.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Sep 19, 2011, 05:06 AM
Who put C4 on my S107???
Joined Apr 2011
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by makenzie71 View Post
It's going to sell, if it sells, for $.01...there's hundreds of them listed. That's how they beat eBay fees. It's going to be less that $40 delivered.

Has anyone tested one? Is it a clone of a common model?
They can't beat eBay's fees, it's based on a combo of shipping and price now, because of people like them, I am sure...
DarkFall is offline Find More Posts by DarkFall
Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:37 AM
USA, Ripley, WV
Joined Dec 2010
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by makenzie71 View Post
You're really going to pay $49.99 in shipping?! lol

There's a couple of vids of that model on youtube...no real information. Seems a bit light for outdoor duty...the vid shows it flopping around on a breeze. Indoor flight seemed pretty stable from another. I'm willing to bet that for $50 it's really lightweight components in a big chassis.
FYI, the Esky LAMA V4 weighs exactly the same as this ? LAMA V6. (3 grams heavier than my CX2: 2-3 paperclips)

I know it's not going to cost that much to ship it, but all I worry about is final cost, a LAMA V6 for $50.98. For $100 dollars more I could buy a LAMA V4.

Is there an issue I'm missing with the shipping cost? I was willing to dish out a total of $50.98. Even if the shipping was free, I would have adjusted my bid accordingly.
Heavy_D is offline Find More Posts by Heavy_D
Last edited by Heavy_D; Sep 19, 2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:58 AM
Joined Sep 2011
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFall View Post
They can't beat eBay's fees, it's based on a combo of shipping and price now, because of people like them, I am sure...
must be newish policy...being a person who never circumnavigated fees I just never noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_D View Post
FYI, the Esky LAMA V4 weighs exactly the same as this ? LAMA V6. (3 grams heavier than my CX2: 2-3 paperclips)

I know it's not going to cost that much to ship it, but all I worry about is final cost, a LAMA V6 for $50.98. For $100 dollars more I could buy a LAMA V4.

Is there an issue I'm missing with the shipping cost? I was willing to dish out a total of $50.98. Even if the shipping was free, I would have adjusted my bid accordingly.
If you look back in the thread a bit someone threw the same nonsense at me when I posted a little 4-channel 2.4g helicopter that cost $.01 and $37 or so in shipping from China. I tried to stab an "lol" at the end of my comment in the hopes that you would understand it was just silly.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:59 AM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
If you buy a heli from Ebay for a dollar and pay 35 to ship it from China that's all fine and well.

You spent 36 dollars for your heli but:

1) It prob is not the quality you expected.
2) When you realize the quality is subpar you either deal with it or you try to return it.

When you try to return it YOU pay the shipping. Since you paid a dollar for it that's all you're getting back. Not worth it to return it now is it?

That's why they sell em so cheap but stab you with the freight.

No more helis from China for me. Not worth it.

I personally deal only with Amazon. I don't even bother with the so called American sellers based out of CA or NY. They run the same "scam" as the Chine vendors. Of course, they prob came over from China to sell their wares here.

Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:53 PM
Joined Dec 2010
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Ordered from Ebay vendor on August 14, received today August 22. not bad from Hong Kong.$17.91 shipped.

This cheap little sub micro IR toy heli came with a USB charging cord, instruction manual, a spare tail rotor, and the TX. The TX has an extra button that will turn and off the LED lights on the heli which is always a nice extra feature. Additionally, the throttle gimbal is ratcheted and non spring loaded. Overall, it looks like a nice and well constructed little toy heli, and the price was surely right!

It's on the charger right now.

Maiden flight on the Sky Lanneret is done. About what you could expect from a sub $18 tyro equipped sub micro IR 3 Ch toy heli. The ratcheted throttle is nice because you don't have to hold constant pressure on the Throttle lever to just keep the model in the air like the Syma S107. The control response is about the same as the S107 for yaw and pitch, but the throttle is far more responsive and very powerful so newbs would have to be careful to not slam this little guy into the ceiling. Having a button to control the bright chin spotlightlike LED is a plus. Pretty good, overall for a very inexpensive sub micro.
Has anybody else bought this one? I am thinking about getting one.
mason71 is offline Find More Posts by mason71
Old Sep 25, 2011, 02:40 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Get 'em while they got 'em! S107's (blue only) for $17.50 SHIPPED!

Re: http://http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA03E0008642&nm_mc=EMC-MP092511&cm_mmc=EMC-MP092511-_-EMC-092511-Index-_-index-_-9SIA03E0008642
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Last edited by IceRail; Sep 25, 2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Fixed hotlink
Old Sep 25, 2011, 02:43 PM
Joined Sep 2011
105 Posts
Sold out.