Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 03, 2011, 01:31 PM
Registered User
zeros's Avatar
Boothwyn, PA
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
I googled "Aliexpress review" and just sat here and read a lot of bad reviews and talk about scams. I'm not trying to scare you guys, but I would suggest ordering one thing and waiting to make sure you get it before dumping a bunch of money into that site.
zeros is offline Find More Posts by zeros
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2011, 01:35 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
you read my mind but tell me a bit what does that mean one trim knob, is it suppose to have another?


Generally, 4 channel xoaxials models use "trim tabs" not the fake ones seen on 3 Channel models TX's. Typically, a 4 CH tX will have 4 trims one for each of the channels. Meaning, if a TX has knobs for the trims, it should have 4 knobs total. Although, there are work arounds for not having a full compliment of trim switches, because the cyclic can be adjusted satisfactorily mechanically only right on the linkages on the model, having the trims on the TX is convenient but not absolutely necessary. If the cyclic linkages are already properly set from the factory and the CG is correct for the model, you may not need to do any trimming of the pitch and roll. That leaves the one trim knob which is for the yaw which is necessary because that is an electronic function on the model as the differential of the power applied to both the mtors is necessary to cancel out the torque. so the model will not be rotating one way or another,
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2011, 01:37 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeros View Post
I googled "Aliexpress review" and just sat here and read a lot of bad reviews and talk about scams. I'm not trying to scare you guys, but I would suggest ordering one thing and waiting to make sure you get it before dumping a bunch of money into that site.

Roger That! zeros! thanks for the report! That is exactly why I am stopping with the 9098 for now.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2011, 01:58 PM
Registered User
scorp's Avatar
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeros View Post
I googled "Aliexpress review" and just sat here and read a lot of bad reviews and talk about scams. I'm not trying to scare you guys, but I would suggest ordering one thing and waiting to make sure you get it before dumping a bunch of money into that site.
i figured all orders have buyer escrow via that store so no release of funds till i get the shipment plus i paid via paypal so would raise an issue with them if something goes wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Generally, 4 channel xoaxials models use "trim tabs" not the fake ones seen on 3 Channel models TX's. Typically, a 4 CH tX will have 4 trims one for each of the channels. Meaning, if a TX has knobs for the trims, it should have 4 knobs total. Although, there are work arounds for not having a full compliment of trim switches, because the cyclic can be adjusted satisfactorily mechanically only right on the linkages on the model, having the trims on the TX is convenient but not absolutely necessary. If the cyclic linkages are already properly set from the factory and the CG is correct for the model, you may not need to do any trimming of the pitch and roll. That leaves the one trim knob which is for the yaw which is necessary because that is an electronic function on the model as the differential of the power applied to both the mtors is necessary to cancel out the torque. so the model will not be rotating one way or another,
sounds good double and thanks for clarifications, so i went ahead and pulled the trigger on the falcon 8913 and decided to skip the 9098 double horse as with the 8913 4ch i'll certainly get a completely different flying experience over 9098 which is just too similar to what i already have and have plenty of for now.
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2011, 02:01 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2010
61 Posts
Doubletap,

Sorry, I forgot to tell you that I already owned 2 of 8913 model...actually one 8911 and one 8913 but they are identical with different color. I bought these in Dec from these ebayers...

If you look in the history, you should see my id there...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I have both versions, one with 1 knob and one with 3 knobs. From what I experienced with this model is that the one with 1 knob is much easy to trim than the one with 3 knobs. I spent only few minutes to adjust on the 1 knob version and can fly steady right after that. The 3 knobs version I have to spent more than few charge to get it right. I don't know if there any other advantage for 3 knobs beside trimming but to me, I like the one with 1 knob much better.

If you really want the 3 knobs version, the ebayer cyberport888 has it. I got it from him.

I like to collect these Heli...the 8913 model is so cute. I'll place another order with Aliexpress and let you know.
micuyen is offline Find More Posts by micuyen
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2011, 02:05 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2010
61 Posts
Thanks Zeros. Ok, I'll wait then. I thought place multiple orders with same seller is risky too.
micuyen is offline Find More Posts by micuyen
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2011, 02:06 PM
Marco Generali - italsoaring
snoze88's Avatar
Cremona, Italy
Joined Nov 2010
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micuyen View Post
Doubletap,

Sorry, I forgot to tell you that I already owned 2 of 8913 model...actually one 8911 and one 8913 but they are identical with different color. I bought these in Dec from these ebayers...

If you look in the history, you should see my id there...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I have both versions, one with 1 knob and one with 3 knobs. From what I experienced with this model is that the one with 1 knob is much easy to trim than the one with 3 knobs. I spent only few minutes to adjust on the 1 knob version and can fly steady right after that. The 3 knobs version I have to spent more than few charge to get it right. I don't know if there any other advantage for 3 knobs beside trimming but to me, I like the one with 1 knob much better.

If you really want the 3 knobs version, the ebayer cyberport888 has it. I got it from him.

I like to collect these Heli...the 8913 model is so cute. I'll place another order with Aliexpress and let you know.
how doest it fly?
the 4th channel works or is it only a "gadget"?
snoze88 is offline Find More Posts by snoze88
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2011, 02:29 PM
Registered User
edwong3's Avatar
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
welcome to the board Micuyen,

Thanks for sharing that link. Just last night I was looking at several videos on the 9098. Looks like a solid flyer, and in a way reminds me a bit of my JXD 355 with those bright multicolored LEDs on the side. The really neat thing is that I think there is a on/off switch for the LEDs on the transmitter.

Good find.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by micuyen View Post
Hello all,

This is my 1st time I post on here. I have been watching this thread and found some good deals based on your info. Now it's time for me to hunt and share. I found this deal and thought it's great...I hope.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

I placed an order today and would like to share this with you all.

Do you have any experience with Aliexpress? Do they have any scams like ebay? My 1st experience with them since Dec. I placed some orders with them since Xmas but have not receive any order yet. I think they are on the way and might take a little longer from China than from HK.

Oh, if I happen to break any rules, please advise. I didn't see this seller have any rating yet in 6 mo. but the rule said it's for ebay...not sure if this applied.

Also, pls excuse my English...
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2011, 02:33 PM
Registered User
bulesz's Avatar
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,283 Posts
The 51 negas and 100 neutrals OF THE LAST MONTH of this seller (cyberport888) were scared me...
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2011, 02:33 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2010
61 Posts
sSnoze88,

This is my 1st 4ch so I don't know what to compare it with. It takes off really fast so if you are not carefully it will hit the ceiling before you can realize it. It's very strong similar to 9808 model...I owned that model too. I can say the 8913 is very stable once you trim it right but it's tough. For 3ch models, they only swing clockwise/counterclosewise but with 4ch it can take off and move forward, backward, right/left sideway, etc... I just start flying heli in Dec. so I'm still need more practices with 3ch so I just take them out for a quick tested after receiving and put them back in the box.

It can move side way...I guess this is what the different than the 3ch heli. I can't fly upside down...
micuyen is offline Find More Posts by micuyen
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2011, 02:44 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2010
61 Posts
Bulesz,

If you compare that number with the number he sold within that month, it isn't that bad. Look at how many positive he got. This is 1st time I bought from him too but I got my order within 7 days when his ad said for US is 8-14days. I sent him couple emails and he response quickly too. I'm sure this seller can be trust...
micuyen is offline Find More Posts by micuyen
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2011, 02:50 PM
Marco Generali - italsoaring
snoze88's Avatar
Cremona, Italy
Joined Nov 2010
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micuyen View Post
sSnoze88,

This is my 1st 4ch so I don't know what to compare it with. It takes off really fast so if you are not carefully it will hit the ceiling before you can realize it. It's very strong similar to 9808 model...I owned that model too. I can say the 8913 is very stable once you trim it right but it's tough. For 3ch models, they only swing clockwise/counterclosewise but with 4ch it can take off and move forward, backward, right/left sideway, etc... I just start flying heli in Dec. so I'm still need more practices with 3ch so I just take them out for a quick tested after receiving and put them back in the box.

It can move side way...I guess this is what the different than the 3ch heli. I can't fly upside down...
thanx
yes, off course the fourth channel is the sideway movement
i was asking if this movement is really effective (coax heli are very stable, so it's a little difficult to make them move sideway)
snoze88 is offline Find More Posts by snoze88
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2011, 02:59 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Do you guys pay for shipping insurance on your purchases? I already paid for my heli but I want to know whether it is worth contacting the seller and paying for shipping insurance on my order.
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2011, 03:08 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2010
61 Posts
Thanks Edwong3! What is JXD 355 look like? Do you mean 335? I googled it but can't find it.
micuyen is offline Find More Posts by micuyen
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2011, 03:21 PM
Heli Mania
Hayabusa Heli's Avatar
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
that store also has 6025-1 for $17.89 shipped

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/3...toys-with.html
I think the heli addicts have found a new supplier for their habit! ... LOL ! I've got 2 in transit, so will have to cool off the trigger finger for a week or two.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! Ignore This Thread for 20 and under anti-gravity Chit Chat 535 Apr 10, 2010 10:06 AM
Found Radio and Rcv for under $20 shipped jteplane Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Nov 09, 2009 03:44 PM
Sold TX heli $85 sale all reciever under $20 shipped L@@K Fune Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 16 Jul 29, 2009 11:13 AM
Sold 72Mhz Rx's. Electrons, Superslims under all $20 shipped Fune Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 10 Jul 24, 2009 12:03 AM
Sold RX 72Mhz all under $20 shipped Fune Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 6 Jul 22, 2009 10:28 PM