SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 02, 2011, 11:41 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
here is a key part of an internal memo that was sent to all alibaba/aliexpress staff from their chairman about 9 days ago which explains the problem and why some of the suppliers dissapeared all of a sudden, its a long memo but the jist of it is here and they haven't yet issued a statement how they will rectify the situation but suppliers left standing on the network are either legit or under a watchful eye.

Several months ago, we discovered that some of our B2B China Gold Supplier (CGS) members were suspected of fraudulent activity. What made it shocking was evidence indicating that certain members of the CGS sales team knowingly allowed, or in some cases even helped, these fraudulent companies join the Alibaba.com marketplace.

We formed a special task force to investigate the situation. According to the preliminary results of a month-long inquiry, we found 1219 CGS (1.1% of all Gold Suppliers) who joined in 2009 and 1107 CGS (0.8% of Gold Suppliers) who joined in 2010 were engaged in fraudulent activity. These fraudsters had joined the Alibaba.com marketplace for the sole purpose of exploiting the platform that we’ve labored to build up over the past 12 years to defraud overseas buyers. At the same time, the investigation confirmed that nearly 100 CGS sales staff knowingly allowed fraudsters to become CGS members so that they could “make their numbers” and receive commission income.

Any tolerance of this type of affront to business ethics and company values is a crime against the rest of our customers and Aliren who remain honest. We must take measures to safeguard the values of Alibaba! All the colleagues who were directly or indirectly involved must be held responsible; more importantly, B2B’s management team must assume primary responsibility. We have already terminated the storefronts of all 2,326 CGS members suspected of fraud, and we have asked law enforcement authorities to assist us in our investigation.
Thanks for posting this Bro! Quite a perspective of the aliExpress business, until they clean up their operations satisfactorily, I will refrain from doing any more business for the time.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2011, 11:48 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
I'm willing to take the chance occasionally, as opposed to buying from the High Margin western based middle man outfits. They sell basically the same products but ridiculously marked up items because they put their western name on it, ie "Prestige premium" but all of it is still manufactured in China. Price paid for a good/service is never proportional to quality or value received. The high margin outfits only want you tobelieve that so people will buy their overpriced stuff.
i couldn't agree more and thats why we have this thread which seems to generate lots of pageviews in such a short time
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Mar 02, 2011, 12:38 PM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Quote:
i dont need a case, batteries are cheap if i need extra, 2.4ghz range will not help me out in this size scale and i don't want to get locked into nine eagles on the bnf thing so in my case that package value for double the money doesn't make any sense
Instead of a case I use a lightweight duffle bag. I drop controllers in the bottom wrapped in a towel. Then I put the helis into their plastic "nest" from the original box strapped in by wrapping with a couple loops of plastic craft lacing held tight using mini binder clamps, set those on top of the controllers facing up. String works too but I avoid knotting either one, the binder clamps work great.

Now if I had to jump out of a plane with them or take them traveling as baggage a hard case with foam innards might make sense. Usually I'm just taking them to the middle school gym or a friend's basement though.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Mar 02, 2011, 03:15 PM
Joined Jan 2007
105 Posts
Got my Syma S012 Apache today. Ordered it Feb. 21. Nine days. Not bad.
Bought it on Amazon for $16.95 with free shipping. It's from Xheli and shipped by Amazon.
Took it out of the box and charged it using the controller.
Flew it four times for 4 minutes each

It went right up to hover but was spinning ccw (not TBE).
The trim adjustment is ultra-sensitive. Had to make very very slight adjustments.
The slightest adjustment would have it spinning in the other direction.
After I got it fairly straight flew it around the garage.
Took a couple of flights to get used to the sensitive stick.
Overall it was better than I expected for a non-gyro heli. Lot of fun.
Feel like I got my money's worth, Plus it's pretty cool looking.

It's no S107G but it's a heck of a lot better and cheaper than an Air Hogs.
Verewolf is offline Find More Posts by Verewolf
Old Mar 02, 2011, 04:11 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
Quote:
same here, checked on usps.com it looks like it finally left hong kong today china time basically it was sitting there for a whole week.
Mine went through BETHPAGE, NY this morning so maybe I will beat you on delivery.
nysom is offline Find More Posts by nysom
Old Mar 02, 2011, 04:48 PM
Joined Nov 2002
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Been busy all morning, opening PayPal disputes on 2 AliExpress transactions. My 8010a was that when I purchased, his webpage for the model clearly shows that the 8010a is equipped with a gyroscope, but then he sent me a NON-GYRO version.
My 8010a never arrived even though they said they shipped it over a month ago.

I informed AliExpress that I will be not be doing anymore business with their firm and was going to advise others the same. Of the 4 separate items I had purchased through them only 1 was as pictured/described and arrived in a timely manner (2 weeks).
Capn Crunchie is online now Find More Posts by Capn Crunchie
Old Mar 02, 2011, 06:40 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysom View Post
Mine went through BETHPAGE, NY this morning so maybe I will beat you on delivery.
looks like there are more frequent flights to NY than SF, just out of curiosity what was date/time yours left hong kong per tracking so i can guess when i can expect mine
Old Mar 02, 2011, 06:53 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Crunchie View Post
My 8010a never arrived even though they said they shipped it over a month ago.

I informed AliExpress that I will be not be doing anymore business with their firm and was going to advise others the same. Of the 4 separate items I had purchased through them only 1 was as pictured/described and arrived in a timely manner (2 weeks).

I would recommend you open PayPal disputes on your transactions, I noticed that after I opened PayPal disputes, my AliExpress orders were frozen, and the remark because there are pending PayPal disputes, so I guess that prevents the money to be released to the vendors before the PayPal disputes are resolved. Gives me a little peace of mind,hopefully PP will find in my favor and refund my money.
Old Mar 02, 2011, 08:11 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
Quote:
looks like there are more frequent flights to NY than SF, just out of curiosity what was date/time yours left hong kong per tracking so i can guess when i can expect mine

Departured from SFC location, 18/02/2011 08:53, Shenzhen

USPS shows Foreign International Dispatch, February 27, 2011, 3:35 pm, HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG
The item (RBxxxxxxxxxHK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 28-Feb-2011

I do have a second order from myefox that left HK on February 21 but I have not seen any more info on that shipment. It was the aluminum transmitter carry case for $16.99. I thought that would get here first but guess not.
nysom is offline Find More Posts by nysom
Last edited by nysom; Mar 02, 2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 03:58 AM
Joined Dec 2010
24 Posts
Any one have experience with this one? 4 channel IR for 26.96 on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/GYRO-4ch-Mini-Ra...ht_3654wt_1139
stimp009 is offline Find More Posts by stimp009
Old Mar 03, 2011, 05:17 AM
Joined Jan 2011
41 Posts
AliExpress ...

First order now on PayPal Dispute and 2nd order now has arrived in Canada

Quote:
Track Status

Product Type: Lettermail
Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
2011/03/03 01:12 VANCOUVER International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs
Lettermail? That is what the first order said and was delivered to Missasauga, On ... I live in Newfoundland thus the dispute,

Sure hope this one comes through ...

Update ... Went to his Ali Store "RC Hobby" and has NO MORE PRODUCTS ...
Getting a bad feeling all over again ...

Pls ... ALI is not a good place to buy ...
Harry181 is offline Find More Posts by Harry181
Last edited by Harry181; Mar 03, 2011 at 05:28 AM. Reason: New Info
Old Mar 03, 2011, 11:12 AM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry181 View Post

Lettermail? That is what the first order said and was delivered to Missasauga, On ... I live in Newfoundland thus the dispute,

That doesn't sound encouraging, hopefully PayPal will see it your way. I am steering clear of AliExpress, I think they have a long way to go to get their house in order, but they need to do much better in cleaning out the fraudsters. BEWARE- AliExpress. I think the few orders that were actually successfully received by some of members, those were just exceptions, but not the norm.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 11:22 AM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry181 View Post

Not to worry, "lettermail" is what I saw on two of my package orders and when they came in they were both packages..

EDIT: Wait it was DELIVERED? to missisauga??? Thats bad!! Gawd Aliexpress has totally made me lose confidence in their business. I won't be buying from them anytime soon!!
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Last edited by THE_SHRUB; Mar 03, 2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 11:45 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysom View Post
Departured from SFC location, 18/02/2011 08:53, Shenzhen
USPS shows Foreign International Dispatch, February 27, 2011, 3:35 pm, HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG
The item (RBxxxxxxxxxHK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 28-Feb-2011

I do have a second order from myefox that left HK on February 21 but I have not seen any more info on that shipment. It was the aluminum transmitter carry case for $16.99. I thought that would get here first but guess not.
looks like yours left a day before mine, so did you get it?
Old Mar 03, 2011, 11:59 AM
Joined Jan 2011
41 Posts
4 Ch - Twin Gyro for under $30

4 Channel with Twin Gyro and RF Tx'er for $26 US ($25 Can LOL)

Anyone try this Lanneret 4 ?

http://http://cgi.ebay.ca/Metal-4CH-RC-Helicopter-Remote-Control-GYRO-4-Channel-P-/360284652012?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item53 e2a381ec

At least it's NOT on ALi

Harry181 is offline Find More Posts by Harry181