HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2011, 01:17 PM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
try myefox and request chinapost shipping as was available a month ago when some of us ordered for a total of $31 shipped, if you don't feel comfortable with myefox then scan aliexpress every now and then an offer will pop up as low as in the mid 30s
I followed your links last week for the 8911 and Chinapost was not a available option. The total came to $47.34
jtravel is offline Find More Posts by jtravel
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2011, 01:23 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
This whole game of "if you spend this much more... " is kinda dumb, because if you are going to get the Nine Eagles Solo/Free Spirit, Why not spend the extra money and get a mcx2 which really has better parts supply, great customer service, and (in my opinion) a better product?

Falcon 8913 costs half of the NE Solo >> NE Solo costs half of a Eflite mcx2

Hell why not spend 80 bucks (20 more than a the NE solo) and get a Eflite Tandem Rescue helicopter!?! You get parts supply, reliable product and customer service AND you can buy it at that price from sellers in the states!! The only way I can see anyone turning a blind eye to that deal is if they simply don't want a tandem 4ch i guess...

Sry this was really kind of a pointless rant...

not pointless at all cause you can always say why not spend a little more and you can get this and that, its like going to buy a car it starts off at 30 grand and in the end after all these additions that play on your desires you end up spending 35-40.
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Mar 01, 2011, 01:24 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtravel View Post
I followed your links last week for the 8911 and Chinapost was not a available option. The total came to $47.34
yes i know its not available currently on the shopping cart as it was a month ago but you an always request it
Old Mar 01, 2011, 01:32 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
You have to look at the whole package to determine total value.
The Bravo 3 deluxe set was $59 and came in a aluminum carry case.
Its a scale hughes helicopter and flys really nice once you master 4 channel control.
It included,spare main blades, 2 batteries and a external 2-port AC battery charger. It's a 2.4 Ghz transmitter with digital trim display and can be bound to other Nine eagles BNF Heli's.
i dont need a case, batteries are cheap if i need extra, 2.4ghz range will not help me out in this size scale and i don't want to get locked into nine eagles on the bnf thing so in my case that package value for double the money doesn't make any sense
Old Mar 01, 2011, 01:50 PM
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,802 Posts
Quote:
i dont need a case, batteries are cheap if i need extra, 2.4ghz range will not help me out in this size scale and i don't want to get locked into nine eagles on the bnf thing so in my case that package value for double the money doesn't make any sense
Fair enough but I'm sure you can see it would be a value to some.

BTW, 2.4 Ghz is much nicer all the way around. Who really wants that long aluminum antenna sticking out thats so easy to bend that you get on standard RF transmitters.

easy swap batteries are really great as you can have several on hand to swap and fly.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 01:53 PM
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,802 Posts
Quote:
yes i know its not available currently on the shopping cart as it was a month ago but you an always request it
If I could actually find a 8911 available from a reliable seller for $30 shipped
I would pick one up.
From the posts I have read it seems several have had issues with myefox.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 02:04 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Fair enough but I'm sure you can see it would be a value to some.

BTW, 2.4 Ghz is much nicer all the way around. Who really wants that long aluminum antenna sticking out thats so easy to bend that you get on standard RF transmitters.

easy swap batteries are really great as you can have several on hand to swap and fly.
absolutely everyone has a different value system and yes a 2.4ghz antenna would be nicer but not at double the price in my case.

Quote:
If I could actually find a 8911 available from a reliable seller for $30 shipped
I would pick one up.
From the posts I have read it seems several have had issues with myefox.
yes there have been some issues mine is still in transit should be getting it this week as it left hong kong yesterday and one person has already received it with flying colors so maybe wait a week or so to hear what a few of us in the wait are going to get.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 02:06 PM
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
I'm not sure why, but I reall DON'T like Nine Eagles just as a company. I don't know whether it's because their products compete directly with Eflite/blade's products which I think are a better buy, or if its that they cost more than other similar helis from china that can do the same thing. And I don't think theres a huge benefit if you go with Nine Eagles for parts supply, Because everything you buy will have to come from china (2-4 week wait) anyways.
Blade products also come from China.
I own both and Nine eagles products are actually of equal quality as blade product.
Nine eagles just don't have the north american distributer or support behind them like eflight/blade.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 03:10 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Blade products also come from China.
I own both and Nine eagles products are actually of equal quality as blade product.
Nine eagles just don't have the north american distributer or support behind them like eflight/blade.
of course its equal quality, eflite is overrated and overpriced because of the support channels just like walkera is on the innovative first to market designs, if i was to move up to any of those more hobby grade brands i would certainly stick with nine eagles or esky as the pricing is more reasonable and down to earth.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 06:14 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Quote:
but why, its just an extra cost and hassle
I would suggest getting the Solo from the "get go" then.

Ed
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old Mar 02, 2011, 08:27 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Has anyone mentioned DealExtreme yet? They have free world wide shipping and a range of RC helicopters.

http://www.dealextreme.com/c/r-c-hel...sort=relevence

Personally, I don't like buying from them, but I don't imaging they would be any worse than any of the other companies mentioned in this thread.

They are cheap, but the chances of an item being out of stock, despite saying it's available is high (they're a drop shipping company, like the rest of them are). Additionally, long shipping times and defective products are common. That said, sometimes you do get lucky and find a diamond in the rough.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Mar 02, 2011, 11:05 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Filed Paypal Disputes on 2 AliExpress transactions.

Been busy all morning, opening PayPal disputes on 2 AliExpress transactions. My 8010a was that when I purchased, his webpage for the model clearly shows that the 8010a is equipped with a gyroscope, but then he sent me a NON-GYRO version.

My FXD Pegasus 68785, this is where the vendor sent my helicopter to a wrong adddress, now the tracking number status shows that the model was actually delivered on February 28, meaning the merchandise has been lost and fallen into the wrong hands somewhere in Miami Florida, I'm on the other side of the country in CA. No more Aliexpress orders for me, at least for awhile. Too much trouble. Out of 5 orders, 1 had to demand refund for non shipment, received the refund. 2 orders were successfully. the last 2 have been bad tansactions, we'll see if PayPal will come through for me, but I stand losing $56.52 USD through the 2 failed transactions. Beware, doing business through AliExpress.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Mar 02, 2011, 11:16 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Now you know why I don't buy 'cheap' helicopters through drop shipping companies. It never works out cheaper in the long run, with all the associated hassles and low quality products.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Mar 02, 2011, 11:22 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
here is a key part of an internal memo that was sent to all alibaba/aliexpress staff from their chairman about 9 days ago which explains the problem and why some of the suppliers dissapeared all of a sudden, its a long memo but the jist of it is here and they haven't yet issued a statement how they will rectify the situation but suppliers left standing on the network are either legit or under a watchful eye.

Several months ago, we discovered that some of our B2B China Gold Supplier (CGS) members were suspected of fraudulent activity. What made it shocking was evidence indicating that certain members of the CGS sales team knowingly allowed, or in some cases even helped, these fraudulent companies join the Alibaba.com marketplace.

We formed a special task force to investigate the situation. According to the preliminary results of a month-long inquiry, we found 1219 CGS (1.1% of all Gold Suppliers) who joined in 2009 and 1107 CGS (0.8% of Gold Suppliers) who joined in 2010 were engaged in fraudulent activity. These fraudsters had joined the Alibaba.com marketplace for the sole purpose of exploiting the platform that we’ve labored to build up over the past 12 years to defraud overseas buyers. At the same time, the investigation confirmed that nearly 100 CGS sales staff knowingly allowed fraudsters to become CGS members so that they could “make their numbers” and receive commission income.

Any tolerance of this type of affront to business ethics and company values is a crime against the rest of our customers and Aliren who remain honest. We must take measures to safeguard the values of Alibaba! All the colleagues who were directly or indirectly involved must be held responsible; more importantly, B2B’s management team must assume primary responsibility. We have already terminated the storefronts of all 2,326 CGS members suspected of fraud, and we have asked law enforcement authorities to assist us in our investigation.
Old Mar 02, 2011, 11:37 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
Now you know why I don't buy 'cheap' helicopters through drop shipping companies. It never works out cheaper in the long run, with all the associated hassles and low quality products.
it's definitely a crap shoot, my first 2 aliExpress deals came through and I got great models for great prices. It's just this last two didn't pan out, but I'm hoping PayPal will side with me and refund my funds. Paypal has come through for me in past.Not just toy helis, I've been buying non name brand RC products and through NON BIG NAME vendors for many years now, and only had these 2 went South like this. I'm willing to take the chance occasionally, as opposed to buying from the High Margin western based middle man outfits. They sell basically the same products but ridiculously marked up items because they put their western name on it, ie "Prestige premium" but all of it is still manufactured in China. Price paid for a good/service is never proportional to quality or value received. The high margin outfits only want you to believe that so people will buy their overpriced stuff.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap