HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:17 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Just got a S107 and flew absolutely beautifully for about 3.5 minutes, then dropped onto the carpet from 3 feet and the tail rotor quit working - POS!

Hows the quality of the 6010 and 6020 models these days.

I hear good things about the UDI line U802, U807 etc.? Thanks for your comments.
Sorry to hear that ... seems I have been more lucky ...
Testflew the 107G I got (finally) from china on tuesday ... and you wouldn't believe it - it flew out of the box without any adjustment practically like my mCX. (minus the left/right crawl). But otherwise it does what the mCX does for 25% of the price (well not really anymore, as the mCX got rather cheap as far as I can see)
Anyway, I will have to revise a little bit of my opinion about the kiddi-kopters ... this S107G I got is truly amazingly stable ... and flies!

E2
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:22 PM
Registered User
scorp's Avatar
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Just got a S107 and flew absolutely beautifully for about 3.5 minutes, then dropped onto the carpet from 3 feet and the tail rotor quit working - POS!
Hows the quality of the 6010 and 6020 models these days.
I hear good things about the UDI line U802, U807 etc.? Thanks for your comments.
they are all good if you get a good one and assuming your crash wasn't coupled with bad luck, your s107 probably had a motor wire disconnect which is not that hard to reconnect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Anyway, I will have to revise a little bit of my opinion about the kiddi-kopters ... this S107G I got is truly amazingly stable ... and flies!
yeap and for most people that like to simply fly leisurely in little gaps of time during the day these kiddi copters do the job with little out of the pocket expense = more stress free flying = more enjoyable experience
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:29 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
gordonzo's Avatar
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
your s107 probably had a motor wire disconnect which is not that hard to reconnect.
If I give the prop a flick it will run for a while but at about 1/3 power it seems. Also if I throw the control stick back and forth a few times, sometimes it will start, but again only 1/3 power.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:36 PM
Registered User
scorp's Avatar
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
If I give the prop a flick it will run for a while but at about 1/3 power it seems. Also if I throw the control stick back and forth a few times, sometimes it will start, but again only 1/3 power.
something gave inside that motor after the crash, not sure if its fixable other than ordering new tailboom that comes with rear motor, check in the thread below the last 10 pages or so there was some discussion on that issue

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...76146&page=492
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:53 PM
Vroooom putta putta putta
SubtleT's Avatar
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Er, this was $17.99 plus shipping. The shipping probably puts it over the limit for this thread though.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1360423

As far as I know nobody has said anything about the X902B in this forum, and not much about its very close twin (?) the X902A. Seems like a nice little helicopter though in the S107 class.

You might enjoy the photos if nothing else.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 02:02 PM
Registered User
scorp's Avatar
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
yea that looks like a faster version of s107 out of the book judging from the size of tail motor, who knows it might be a good one
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:34 PM
Registered User
scorp's Avatar
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracketman View Post
M myefox order is in the US.
"Processed through Sort Facility, February 23, 2011, 4:16 pm, BETHPAGE, NY 11714"
I ordered a 8911, maybe it will be a Ipod and a crappy clone ta'boot!
did you get it, any input? mine is still showing in hong kong via usps tracking
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:09 PM
Registered User
United States, OH, Delaware
Joined Jan 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
did you get it, any input? mine is still showing in hong kong via usps tracking
I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, I missed the postman it requires a signature.
bracketman is online now Find More Posts by bracketman
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 03:02 PM
Registered User
scorp's Avatar
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracketman View Post
I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, I missed the postman it requires a signature.
can't wait to hear about it and i am sure a few others
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 04:42 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Pegasus delivered to Wrong Address or Wrong Tracking #?

OK, My order for an FXD A68785 Pegasus from Global Trade through AliExpress has just blew up! I have been racking my package sonce they shipped it on Feb. 8, today, I checked the number and found ou that the USPS attempted to deliver it to an address in Miami FL, the problem is that I'm in Southern California. I called USPS and they said they tried to deliver to the correct address for the package. Could ti that Global had provided me an incorrect tracking number originally? I've already successfully ordered a Falcon 8913 from Global Trade a couple of months ago. WTH!? Did someone else run into this type of situation with an overseas vendor before?
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 04:46 PM
Vroooom putta putta putta
SubtleT's Avatar
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
I received 3 helicopters and parts the other day from Hong Kong.

USPS Tracking said "sender preparing shipment" right up until and on that day. I never looked at it again once the package arrived though.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 04:52 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
OK, My order for an FXD A68785 Pegasus from Global Trade through AliExpress has just blew up! I have been racking my package sonce they shipped it on Feb. 8, today, I checked the number and found ou that the USPS attempted to deliver it to an address in Miami FL, the problem is that I'm in Southern California. I called USPS and they said they tried to deliver to the correct address for the package. Could ti that Global had provided me an incorrect tracking number originally? I've already successfully ordered a Falcon 8913 from Global Trade a couple of months ago. WTH!? Did someone else run into this type of situation with an overseas vendor before?

Now when I go to Aliexpress to contact the seller, this message comes up:

System message: User cn109430550 inexistence! (2011-02-26 14:51:01)

Uh Oh!

When I clicked on the Global Trade contact link from Alexpress, I get a "Page cannot found" error page.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 05:29 PM
Registered User
scorp's Avatar
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
uhh thats not good DT, you will probably have to elevate that to aliexpress since they still hold the money in escrow as it was obviously not delivered yet
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 05:34 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
uhh thats not good DT, you will probably have to elevate that to aliexpress since they still hold the money in escrow as it was obviously not delivered yet


Just opened a dispute. On my other problem transaction the NON-Gyro 8010a from "RC HobbyKing" he never approved my refund request, just elevated that one to "Claim" status asking AliExpress to mediate the dispute.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 05:47 PM
Registered User
scorp's Avatar
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
my guess is the hobbyking dispute will take some time as it was delivered but this global trade should be swift especially if the vendor went puff and no record of delivery
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! Ignore This Thread for 20 and under anti-gravity Chit Chat 535 Apr 10, 2010 10:06 AM
Found Radio and Rcv for under $20 shipped jteplane Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Nov 09, 2009 03:44 PM
Sold TX heli $85 sale all reciever under $20 shipped L@@K Fune Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 16 Jul 29, 2009 11:13 AM
Sold 72Mhz Rx's. Electrons, Superslims under all $20 shipped Fune Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 10 Jul 24, 2009 12:03 AM
Sold RX 72Mhz all under $20 shipped Fune Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 6 Jul 22, 2009 10:28 PM