SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 22, 2011, 05:09 PM
Joined Nov 2002
179 Posts
Alibaba

Interesting article about Alibaba. Maybe that explains some of the dealings we have had.

Go to: http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/02/...ceo-had-to-go/
Capn Crunchie is online now Find More Posts by Capn Crunchie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:29 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Crunchie View Post
Interesting article about Alibaba. Maybe that explains some of the dealings we have had.

A very very interesting article indeed!! Nevertheless, I think I'm done with dealing with AliEx for a while, The only shop I will do business with is Nanjing Newpro for parts for my HQ852

So far of all the heli's I have bought off of AliEx and Ebay, My Eflite Tandem is so far my fav by far in terms of quality, performance, and value (with the HQ852 coming in a close second). Which goes to show that sometimes paying more really does work to your advantage
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Feb 22, 2011, 07:59 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:

Wow, very interesting indeed, perhaps, some of the fraudsters are still in operation in Aliexpress? Maybe that explains some of the misrepresentations, bait and switch, or misleading ads?
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Feb 22, 2011, 08:01 PM
Joined Jan 2007
105 Posts
Quote:

I have purchased over 500 items from China on eBay.
And what I've learned is - some sellers take advantage of the English language.
For instance: When they use the word "antique", it does not have the same meaning as we understand it.
So caution is always advised when reading their item description.

With that said, I just ordered an S106 via AliExpress for $26.95 w Free Shpg.
Don't mind the wait until it gets here. Just hope it gets here and the lights work.

Over and out!
Verewolf is offline Find More Posts by Verewolf
Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:16 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Just an FYI to all those planning on ever using Myefox again in the future, I was surfing their site and it appears they have jacked AND I MEAN JACKED! their prices up on their 3ch heli's (if you still are looking for a 8913 they still have them at the $28 mark)
Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:29 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
Just an FYI to all those planning on ever using Myefox again in the future, I was surfing their site and it appears they have jacked AND I MEAN JACKED! their prices up on their 3ch heli's (if you still are looking for a 8913 they still have them at the $28 mark)
Did anyone ever successfully receive a 8913 for $28 from them?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:44 PM
United States, OH, Delaware
Joined Jan 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Did anyone ever successfully receive a 8913 for $28 from them?
After I opened a Paypal dispute they sent me two emails both giving me a "good" tracking number. It shows shipped on Friday, so we shall see I've gotten bogus tracking numbers before.
I have not closed my Paypal dispute and myefox has not asked me too
bracketman is online now Find More Posts by bracketman
Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:50 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
my shipment from myefox according to tracking # is in hong kong as of 20th so should be arriving in about a week.

shrub, as far as prices i didn't notice any increase unless you are looking at the u807 which now shows 70 plus dollars which is obviously a typo. 8911/8913 is at $28 and s107 at $22
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:04 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
my shipment from myefox according to tracking # is in hong kong as of 20th so should be arriving in about a week.

shrub, as far as prices i didn't notice any increase unless you are looking at the u807 which now shows 70 plus dollars which is obviously a typo. 8911/8913 is at $28 and s107 at $22
Could be, anywho, I finally conceeded to myefox and came to the sad realisation that I wouldn't be getting my money back anytime soon, So I just went ahead and swapped out 2 of the helis I ordered for a multimeter, a easycap recorder, a scale accurate to .01g and a keychain for the gf :P and I am still ordering that replacement 6020-1. I would have loved to have gotten 3 new choppers but my room is currently overrun by helicopters and I simply dont have the time to fly'em all! So I figured I would use the money I sunk into them as store credit and get some stuff I am actually in need of
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:06 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post

how come I can't find the Falcon 8911/8913 when I search their site, can you post the links?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:11 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
how come I can't find the Falcon 8911/8913 when I search their site, can you post the links?
just type in "4ch helicopter" and it'll b pg 2
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:12 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Could be, anywho, I finally conceeded to myefox and came to the sad realisation that I wouldn't be getting my money back anytime soon, So I just went ahead and swapped out 2 of the helis I ordered for a multimeter, a easycap recorder, a scale accurate to .01g and a keychain for the gf :P and I am still ordering that replacement 6020-1. I would have loved to have gotten 3 new choppers but my room is currently overrun by helicopters and I simply dont have the time to fly'em all! So I figured I would use the money I sunk into them as store credit and get some stuff I am actually in need of
good decision

Quote:
here you go

http://www.myefox.com/4ch-radio-cont...pping-p-139721

http://www.myefox.com/4ch-radio-cont...pping-p-139719
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:34 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Tempting but I'm holding off until there's some positive feedback.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Feb 23, 2011, 04:32 AM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,720 Posts
here you go
http://www.myefox.com/4ch-radio-cont...pping-p-139721
http://www.myefox.com/4ch-radio-cont...pping-p-139719[/QUOTE]

Lowest shipping option presented is $19.23
Sub-Total: $28.11
Deutsch Post Airmail [ 6-9 Days,with tracking number US (1,100.00g) ]: $19.23
Total: $47.34
jtravel is online now Find More Posts by jtravel
Old Feb 23, 2011, 06:48 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,668 Posts
Lowest shipping option presented is $19.23
Sub-Total: $28.11
Deutsch Post Airmail [ 6-9 Days,with tracking number US (1,100.00g) ]: $19.23
Total: $47.34[/QUOTE]

ok, lets put it like this ... a 4ch heli for less than 50$ shipped is still a rather cheap heli as far as the total is concerned. (Even if they use the TX molds that look like the ones Walkera used 3 years ago [compare the tx from the second link with the original Walkera 4#3 Tx)

But the funniest thing about this is myefox being located in Shenzhen China (according to their site) and then shipping the stuff with Deutsche Post (and that supposedly is the cheapest option), a company that literally "sits" on the other side of the planet ...

Something in this whole global shipping business is not right anymore ...

(ask yourself how the myefox products get from a country where basically everything is much cheaper than in Germany TO Germany to be shipped from there ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...