Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:03 AM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
http://www.sfcservice.com/track/trac...a-post-service

Departured from SFC location, 18/02/2011 08:53, Shenzhen
OK, I had been trying to track using hkpost web site and they still only show one package as being processed. That means the one package has not left yet and the other has not been scanned at hk post yet.

sfcservice.com is like mailboxes etc. Just a packing and shipping company. And it still has to go through china post or hk post which both still seem to be backlogged with packages. Both my tracking # end with HK so they are both going hk post. My hobbyking orders are taking up to 8 days to be scanned in and find space on the plane and I expect the same with myefox through sfcservice. But maybe I am wrong and sfcservice has their own customs inspectors and charter their own flights. They do state that they can "shorten delivery time by 7-14 days (compared with China Post)." Does that mean they just send through hk post? I am assuming so because of the HK tracking number.

btw: one of my hobbyking orders just scanned in so it is taking customs or USPS 20 days to get it from the plane at JFK through the first sorting center (JFK ISC). This package left hobbyking Jan 19 so that shows how slow things are. Over a month in transit.
nysom is offline Find More Posts by nysom
Last edited by nysom; Feb 19, 2011 at 09:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:20 AM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
Ry2mk, mine showed my actual street address.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:22 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry2mk View Post
Scorp, when you enter your track number in SFC whats the destination say ? Is it the address you want the heli to go to ? Mine says "calle cuba nr 5A Piso 3A"

This isnt my address lol - ( Im from the UK ) so I was thinking this was a step stone destination ?!
it gives out my exact address at street level and house #

you need to contact them and tell them they sent you a wrong # to verify that again

Quote:
Originally Posted by nysom View Post
They do state that they can "shorten delivery time by 7-14 days (compared with China Post)." Does that mean they just send through hk post? I am assuming so because of the HK tracking number.
i would think so and from little experience i had thus far it appears that i was able to receive packages via hongkong post faster than by china post and thats about a week faster
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Feb 19, 2011, 03:18 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
F27 came in from focalprice today and my son is having a ball. A step up from the S107 he has been flying. He thinks he can now fly my 125 CP (not)
Old Feb 19, 2011, 03:28 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
focal has the best price on those f27s, i still have my eye on that bird, how long does it take to charge
Old Feb 19, 2011, 03:42 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
I have not timed it with the stock charger which is one of those ac to usb switching wall wart at 600ma and they supply a usb to jst cable that has a charge light in the usb end. Their web site says 2.5 hours but I think it was less. I have 2 extra packs and have been using a B6 at 500ma to charge them. The packs have the common red jst connector.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 04:05 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysom View Post
I have not timed it with the stock charger which is one of those ac to usb switching wall wart at 600ma and they supply a usb to jst cable that has a charge light in the usb end. Their web site says 2.5 hours but I think it was less. I have 2 extra packs and have been using a B6 at 500ma to charge them. The packs have the common red jst connector.
yea thats what i heard 2.5 so it makes sense to have a couple of batts when dealing with such long charge times, what charger do you recommend that can charge these in multiples? the one you have or?
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:15 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
Any B6 type will work and you can parallel several batteries together and charge at a higher rate if you want. I wonder if the usb circuit in the cable limits the current as the charger should be able to give a full charge in about 60 minutes. Wonder if my kid will allow me to bust open the usb connector and look inside.

Have a look in the F27 thread, I think maukabud shows some of the B6 chargers he uses around page 11 or so.
Last edited by nysom; Feb 19, 2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:25 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
yea i remembered seeing maukabud's setup after i already posted
Old Feb 20, 2011, 02:56 AM
England, UK
Joined Dec 2010
161 Posts
cheers for all your help guys, Ive sent an email out today explaining that they have sent out to a wrong address or made a mistake somewhere in the system, but followed on to say if they cant correct it by the end of the day I'm escalating the problem to Pay-pal and start to submit evidence that i will not receive my purchased goods.

Tbh wish i steered clear of this deal , too much hassle for a 20 copter lol.

hope the rest of you enjoy your orders
Ry2mk is offline Find More Posts by Ry2mk
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:36 AM
Boothwyn, PA
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
Odyssey Quantum 300 3 channel for $15 shipped:

http://www.buyershq.com/#

No gyro, I don't think, but you do get the landing pad and 4 cones with the heli, so that's kinda cool. Can't vouch for the site, Ive never bought with them.
zeros is offline Find More Posts by zeros
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:43 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry2mk View Post
cheers for all your help guys, Ive sent an email out today explaining that they have sent out to a wrong address or made a mistake somewhere in the system, but followed on to say if they cant correct it by the end of the day I'm escalating the problem to Pay-pal and start to submit evidence that i will not receive my purchased goods.
keep in mind that today is sunday though their work monday does start earlier than euro time
Old Feb 20, 2011, 01:30 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
Ry2mk, it is 3:30 am Monday in HK right now and they have 2 days of email to wade through.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 01:50 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
HUGE NEWS!!!!!

I finally got around to opening up my FXD 6886 4ch and GUESS WHAT!!! They sent me the wrong model!!!

They sent me the FXD 4ch 68785 Pegasus!!!

a $56 helicopter for $27!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm feelin lucky today!!!
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Feb 20, 2011, 03:08 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Feb 2005
50 Posts
S013 Blackhawk
Under $20 shipped.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...255&SID=182298
caf2461 is offline Find More Posts by caf2461