HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2011, 08:35 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
if all of you did buy those 8010s from hobbyking it looks like none of the ones that vendor sells are with gyro, if you check their listings for those nowhere does it mention gyro in their specs except on one of the images of the box package there is a sticker gyro and most likely they are just using stock images of another gyro version... Nanjing Newpro Trading for example does sell those with gyro.
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2011, 09:47 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
Just chatted with seller and here is his answer...

Hi, does the New Mini 8010A (Brand Name: ST Model ) have a gyro installed?

RC Hobby King: This is have not gyro
nysom is offline Find More Posts by nysom
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:03 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysom View Post

So, the vendor admitted that his 8010a doesn't have a gyro? He told me in an email that they do have a gyro, he's lying to someone. I think this a case of deceptive advertising, this pic is from the snapshot of the item when I placed the order through Ali, right on the box has a sticker that says " RC HELICOPTER WITH GYROSCOPE" We'll talking "BAIT and SWITCH", if he refuses to frefund my money, I will go to PayPal, this is clearly deceptive advertising ripoff!

Everyone that got one of tthese, should open a dispute and demand a refund.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:12 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysom View Post

HERE, this was his email reply to me when I questioned him about gyro on the 8010a, he said that IT DOES HAVE a gyroscope but not an indpendent gyro meaning it is not a separate gyro, but built-in to the PCB:

"Hi,
Thanks for your information.
Sorry to hear that, You can not fly it well.
It has gyroscope system in helicopter, don't have a independent gyro in this helicopter.
You can refer it from manul.
You can fly it by manul and test all.
If it always same as your said, you can resend it back to us, then we will rejust it for you, or we refund money back to you when we get it return.

Any way, we will kind to settle your problem.
Hope you all goes well."
Kind regards,
RC Hobby King
Old Feb 14, 2011, 08:18 AM
Joined Jan 2011
41 Posts
AliEx heli's on the way --- wahoo :

2 - 4 ch coaxial's ... can't wait ...ah I gotta cause they gotta cum from China.
Harry181 is offline Find More Posts by Harry181
Old Feb 14, 2011, 08:34 AM
Check out my RC Video Blog
Medford, New Jersey
Joined Jul 2002
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
HERE, this was his email reply to me when I questioned him about gyro on the 8010a, he said that IT DOES HAVE a gyroscope but not an indpendent gyro meaning it is not a separate gyro, but built-in to the PCB:

"Hi,
Thanks for your information.
Sorry to hear that, You can not fly it well.
It has gyroscope system in helicopter, don't have a independent gyro in this helicopter.
You can refer it from manul.
You can fly it by manul and test all.
If it always same as your said, you can resend it back to us, then we will rejust it for you, or we refund money back to you when we get it return.

Any way, we will kind to settle your problem.
Hope you all goes well."
Kind regards,
RC Hobby King
Chalk it up to a vendor to DO NOT TO USE!
dwholler is offline Find More Posts by dwholler
Old Feb 14, 2011, 08:59 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
you guys need to read the specs next time and not assume anything from a photo in the listing as many of these vendors use stock photography but i know those trigger happy fingers are usually faster then basic word assessment
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:03 AM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
you guys need to read the specs next time and not assume anything from a photo in the listing as many of these vendors use stock photography but i know those trigger happy fingers are usually faster then basic word assessment

Well, we all know that ordering anything from these China/HK vendors is a crapshoot, I've ordered several toy helis from overseas based on just the picture shown that there is "gyro" word either on the box or on the heli itself only, without being mentioned in the actual AD description or the "SPECS", and every time I have received sure enough a heli WITH GYRO. this is the first time that didn't happen, This particular vendor knew exactly what he was doing by including in the AD a picture of another 8010a version that actually has the gyro, but he was actually selling a NON GYRO version, I sense bad intentions with this vendor. We'll see what he does with all the REFUND REQUESTS. If he doesn't honor the refund requests, his name will be TOAST here on RCGroups. Like Dwholler said, "HobbyKingRC" will be added to the "Do NOt BUY from " list along with B.O.B. and Nancy Quins, etc.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:15 AM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Lol, glad i didnt jump on that sinking ship (i mean the 8010a deal)... Then again I have enough money hung up in paypal disputes as it is

OH MY BELOVED FALCON WILL BE BACK IN THE AIR SOON!!!! The replacement blades are out for delivery!!! SOMETHING TO FLY!!! FINALLY!!!!
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:18 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
whats your status with myefox order cancellation shrub?
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:45 AM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
whats your status with myefox order cancellation shrub?
I escalated it to paypal, I filled in my part of the claim, and now I sit and wait for the "other party" aka Myefox to respond.. If they don't respond by the 22nd I get my money back by default.

I'll get my money back, its simply a question of when at this point

I also have an aliex dispute open for a defective 808 keycam... I doubt I'll be getting that money back though
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Feb 14, 2011, 03:02 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
Other then the 1 photo with the gyro sticker I don't see any mention of gyro in text. I don't think I would have pulled the trigger on that one but if he said it had one then you could dispute it but I think paypal will require it to be shipped back. With tracking that would cost more then the heli
Old Feb 14, 2011, 03:05 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
SHRUB, I feel your grief - have a defective fly dv cam from ali I am trying to get replaced or refunded.

myefox is still Processing here, starting to wonder about that web site!
Old Feb 14, 2011, 03:09 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
"Do NOt BUY from " list along with B.O.B. and Nancy Quins, etc.
dont forget sunning Tan
Old Feb 14, 2011, 03:52 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
Another bad myfox deal, read this