SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:20 AM
Joined Apr 2010
41 Posts
Help!
flyor fj 748

right i turned 30 on boxing day and mum and dad thought it would be a good idea to buy me an rc heli. lovely little thing in its case and all that came with usb charger which is cool. im having a problem though. this is my first heli and ive never flown one before, took my usual approach of slowly slowly chatchy monkey. i can get it to hover and move around but if i use anything mote than 1/3 throttle it stops and plummets, is this something i'm doing wrong or is there a problem with the heli? what batteries should i be using in the remote, im using duracell ultra power 1.5v 1500mah (i think) looking to buy rechargables any suggestions? also is there anything i need to practice to become a better pilot? are there any specific maneuvers that would help? thanks in advance!
kaighn80 is offline Find More Posts by kaighn80
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2010, 07:43 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
I am not familiar with this heli but it should not plummet to the ground, you should be able to put full throttle on if you wanted to.
I think the heli is losing the IR signal and you should consider returning it for a replacement.

Is it from the seller oceantradersworldwide? If it was then at least they are in the UK so making it easier to get it back to them.

Duracell batteries are fine, I use the cheap ones from the £1 shop and I also use rechargeable AA's, they are 2900mAh but a lesser mAh figure would be fine as well. The AA's are not your problem.

Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaighn80 View Post
right i turned 30 on boxing day and mum and dad thought it would be a good idea to buy me an rc heli. lovely little thing in its case and all that came with usb charger which is cool. im having a problem though. this is my first heli and ive never flown one before, took my usual approach of slowly slowly chatchy monkey. i can get it to hover and move around but if i use anything mote than 1/3 throttle it stops and plummets, is this something i'm doing wrong or is there a problem with the heli? what batteries should i be using in the remote, im using duracell ultra power 1.5v 1500mah (i think) looking to buy rechargables any suggestions? also is there anything i need to practice to become a better pilot? are there any specific maneuvers that would help? thanks in advance!
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft