HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2011, 05:50 AM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeblu View Post
I watched your video one comment with rc anything you should get in the habit of turning on the transmitter first and then the heli/plane /car what ever you have. Without turning transmitter on first your craft could take off uncontrolled with no signal from the transmitter, its a safty thing. Some will not initialize without the transmiter turned on first. Its a very bad habit to turn on the heli first or a car/plane. a larger heli like a 450 could chew you up and spit you out before you know what happened I'm not trying to lecture just be safe
That's absolutely true of RC's. But it doesn't matter in the least for IR's though. I agree it's a good habit. but with these IR helis, it's a moot point. Watch your transmitter through a digital camera (even a cell phone) some time, and you'll see what I'm talking about.
_pokey is offline Find More Posts by _pokey
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2011, 02:13 PM
Joined Nov 2010
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3 View Post
But with the fast mode engaged, does the 335 still pick up some extra speed from stock?

Ed
I don't think so, I think the max speed is the same. Maybe the button just adds the slow mode. Not really sure, but I like having an extra button to press lol

It's worth buying the 339 for it's own speed/flight. Being able to use the same controller is just an added benefit and saves using more batteries. I can put the 335 contoller back in the box and have less controllers in my living room (9 instead of 10).
HeliMadMan is offline Find More Posts by HeliMadMan
Last edited by HeliMadMan; Jan 11, 2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 02:46 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliMadMan View Post
I don't think so, I think the max speed is the same. Maybe the button just adds the slow mode. Not really sure, but I like having an extra button to press lol

It's worth buying the 339 for it's own speed/flight. Being able to use the same controller is just an added benefit and saves using more batteries. I can put the 335 contoller back in the box and have less controllers in my living room (9 instead of 10).
WOW! I just took a look at some pics of the jxd 339 in the dark and its a flying disco party!
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Jan 11, 2011, 02:57 PM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
WOW! I just took a look at some pics of the jxd 339 in the dark and its a flying disco party!
Hehe. There's a party in my airfield, and everyone's invited.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:23 PM
Joined Dec 2010
1 Posts
JXD 340?
In a word; Trash
It´s impossible that a heli loses a motor gear with a hit
If do you want pictures...
rcarreras is offline Find More Posts by rcarreras
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:44 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pokey View Post
it's a toy helicopter, not a lung, so I think I'll be OK.
That's the attitude!

(When it comes to safety, we need to be serious, but for everything else -- hey, enjoy!)

I like to see the variety and breadth of machines people are messing with on the forum. In my own mere blink of an eye here so far, I've already seen that there are some tried and true paths that have been explored and determined by intrepid explorers before us, and I can imagine the urge to keep some other sap from wandering down the same path you got burned on is pretty strong. I have already made a couple of likely errors myself, but I'm learning from them. Maybe even more than I would have if I had a linear path all laid out for me. That said, declining advice from long-time forum members or RC'ers seems foolhardy as well. As always, the Golden Mean beckons, and it sounds like you heard the same wry advice from your elders as I did growing up: "Boy, if yer gonna be stupid, then you better be tough!"

Cheers!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:57 PM
Heli of a man
Joined Dec 2010
835 Posts
pokey!!!!!!!

Yo man.. when your done with the JXD 340, Go out and get the big boy "Blade CX2"...lol

Enguneer is offline Find More Posts by Enguneer
Old Jan 11, 2011, 09:12 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Well I guess the JXD 335 tail rotor spins about as fast it was intended to no matter what TX used.

Thanks for your input.
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliMadMan View Post

edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:10 AM
banging head on wall
Joined Feb 2010
1,200 Posts
skyeblu is offline Find More Posts by skyeblu
Last edited by skyeblu; Jan 12, 2011 at 04:06 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:29 AM
USA, Ripley, WV
Joined Dec 2010
56 Posts
Another 4ch w/ cheap components

Instead of a swash plate, the Drift King has a cheap "squash plate" (squash: as in put the thing under your heal ). Why buy a heli with cheap components when you can get a 5888 under $50 and it has the same quality components as the high dollar helis. IMHO.
Heavy_D is offline Find More Posts by Heavy_D
Last edited by Heavy_D; Jan 12, 2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: O.C.D.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:07 PM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_D View Post
Instead of a swash plate, the Drift King has a cheap "squash plate" (squash: as in put the thing under your heal ). Why buy a heli with cheap components when you can get a 5888 under $50 and it has the same quality components as the high dollar helis. IMHO.
That seems to be the consensus, but I ordered it before I ever even found this forum, so it's too late to turn back. I'll just play with it to get used to the 4 channel controls, and then if i still like the hobby, think about a "real" 4 channel heli. Look at the bright side, you'll get a free review out of it anyway.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:09 PM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enguneer View Post
Yo man.. when your done with the JXD 340, Go out and get the big boy "Blade CX2"...lol

That is quite a nice looking helicopter. I'm not a real big fan of the full body helicopters, but I do like that one. How big is that?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 02:15 AM
Joined Dec 2010
5 Posts
Thats a blade cx2 a little longer than a foot long , they make an mcx2 thats about the size of the 340 7.5 inches ish.

i got a new jxd 340 and noticed the controls are reversed from what they should be for rotation and "drifting" according to the manual im supposed to pushed accel and lights at the same time to reverse them. I cant seem to get this to work and its not really useful as a practice indoor copter if its reversed =\ anyone have any ideas on what the engrish in the manual is trying to say?
flashlight is offline Find More Posts by flashlight
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:56 AM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashlight View Post
anyone have any ideas on what the engrish in the manual is trying to say?
Can you scan it in?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 07:44 AM
Joined Dec 2010
5 Posts
I can later when i get home, but it basically says after turning the transmitter on, to push the lights and accel buttons at the same time to reverse the rotate left/right and drift left/right functions. Ive tried this countless times and cant seem to get it to work
flashlight is offline Find More Posts by flashlight