HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2011, 02:05 PM
Joined Nov 2010
13 Posts
You're in luck Ed! as a test I tried using the 339 controller with the 335 and it worked! I can now switch the LEds off during flight and also the 2 speed toggle works.

Get a 339 you won't regret it. also you can use the USB charger from the 339 on the 335.
HeliMadMan is offline Find More Posts by HeliMadMan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2011, 02:09 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
That's pretty amazing! You can actually use the 339 TX with the 335, and get the same functionality!

Now I wonder if I can just buy the 339 transmitter by itself. Or maybe pull the trigger on the whole heli when a good deal comes along. What the heck!

Thanks for sharing that!
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliMadMan View Post
You're in luck Ed! as a test I tried using the 339 controller with the 335 and it worked! I can now switch the LEds off during flight and also the 2 speed toggle works.

Get a 339 you won't regret it. also you can use the USB charger from the 339 on the 335.
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old Jan 08, 2011, 02:11 PM
Joined Nov 2010
13 Posts
the 335 is still slower than the 339
Old Jan 08, 2011, 02:40 PM
Joined Nov 2010
13 Posts
To OP, go straight for the 340 DK it's great and a really stable flyer, perfect for a beginner. It's much better than the s107 and the same price. The sideways drifting can be practiced after you master the basics of flight then you can progress.
You also get spare blades, which you do not get with the s107.
Drift King FTW (in this price range).
Old Jan 08, 2011, 03:47 PM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
To OP, go straight for the 340 DK
The OP bought it weeks ago. He's still waiting for it to show up. He's me btw.

Thanks for the positive posts. I was preparing to be underwhelmed after the first few. Maybe if I stay that way, I'll be REALLY impressed when it gets here.
_pokey is offline Find More Posts by _pokey
Old Jan 08, 2011, 05:02 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Interesting observation as I feel my 335 flies about as fast I would care it to be for indoor, but the extra speed on the 339 would certainly be appreciated for outdoor flights.

Thanks again for the information.
Ed
Last edited by edwong3; Jan 10, 2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2011, 03:35 AM
Joined Nov 2010
13 Posts
In fast mode it's a little frisky and seems to reach my curtains before I can turn Also you can make it tip when turning at high speed. So you could say it's TOO fast, but it's great fun.
Old Jan 09, 2011, 03:58 AM
Joined Nov 2010
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pokey View Post
The OP bought it weeks ago. He's still waiting for it to show up. He's me btw.

Thanks for the positive posts. I was preparing to be underwhelmed after the first few. Maybe if I stay that way, I'll be REALLY impressed when it gets here.
Don't let me put you off getting a S107 as well, they are really well made and very precise helis. In fact all these little machines have different flight characteristics it becomes addictive because you want to try them all. I'm up to 10 micro coax helis now! I've also got a couple of medium coaxs and the lastest purchase was a proper 4ch Walkera 4# 2.4ghz for out side flight.

Here's a list of my helis:
Syma S107 Yellow x2
ZR Z007
ZR Z008 4ch
JXD 331
JXD 335 red
JXD 339 gold
JXD 340 orange
San li Huan 6027 M2X mini purple
XY X902A with Auto Demo ( and battery with no charge protection circuit) Don't buy this copter

Syma S032
Syma S006 Alloy Shark (no Gyro)

Walkera 4# 2.4ghz

I think that's enough for now, please enjoy your new addiction (I mean hobby).
Old Jan 09, 2011, 03:59 PM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Don't let me put you off getting a S107 as well...
I didn't. I bought one of those too. I actually received that one already. I've been flying and modding that since it arrived.

That's a nice list you've got there. I'm kinda jealous. I actually can't wait to try the 440.
Old Jan 09, 2011, 04:10 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Quote:
But with the fast mode engaged, does the 335 still pick up some extra speed from stock?

Ed
Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:08 PM
Tampa
Joined Dec 2010
112 Posts
Quote:
That's the $19 (delivered) heli from Lord and taylor I posted in the <$20 thread. If it's a 105, then it's a 105g.

No links. links won't work to that page of the site. Just go to http://www.lordandtaylor.com/ and type helicopter in the search. use promo TAKE2 for 20%
I fell for the cheapo price. This thing is going into the parts bin. I didn't realize it didn't have a gyro. I have to mess with the trim alot, and sometimes it just wants to fly wherever it want to. No idea how to fix.
skibandit is offline Find More Posts by skibandit
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:59 PM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibandit View Post
I fell for the cheapo price. This thing is going into the parts bin. I didn't realize it didn't have a gyro. I have to mess with the trim alot, and sometimes it just wants to fly wherever it want to. No idea how to fix.
My brother has one. He loves it. He flew it so hard that he smashed the upper rotor head. I just ordered one too. If it turns faster than my R5 S107, I'll be happy. Or else It'll be spare parts like you said.

BTW, the one my brother has did say gyro on the box. I didn't intend to mislead anyone. If you don't like it, send it back. It's not your fault if it really is defective, so make them eat it.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:22 PM
Tampa
Joined Dec 2010
112 Posts
Quote:
My brother has one. He loves it. He flew it so hard that he smashed the upper rotor head. I just ordered one too. If it turns faster than my R5 S107, I'll be happy. Or else It'll be spare parts like you said.

BTW, the one my brother has did say gyro on the box. I didn't intend to mislead anyone. If you don't like it, send it back. It's not your fault if it really is defective, so make them eat it.
Hey Pokey,

Ask your brother if his box looked liked this. I knew this would probably be a junkie compared to my other S107's. Besides, I like the silver look anyway. Here is the front and back of my box. This thing was out of control the second I turned it on! I don't see gyro anywhere on the box.

Sorry for getting off topic.
skibandit is offline Find More Posts by skibandit
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:33 PM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Off topic doesn't bother me. I don't own the thread, I just started it. I'll ask him to have a look. He joined the board, and posted a few times. His handle is KILLSDailey.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:06 AM
banging head on wall
Joined Feb 2010
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLSdailey View Post
I watched your video one comment with rc anything you should get in the habit of turning on the transmitter first and then the heli/plane /car what ever you have. Without turning transmitter on first your craft could take off uncontrolled with no signal from the transmitter, its a safty thing. Some will not initialize without the transmiter turned on first. Its a very bad habit to turn on the heli first or a car/plane. a larger heli like a 450 could chew you up and spit you out before you know what happened I'm not trying to lecture just be safe
skyeblu is offline Find More Posts by skyeblu