HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2011, 01:04 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
JXD 340 Drift King 4CH RC Helicopter w/ Gyro @ RC-Fever.com (2 min 12 sec)

looks very nice in my opinion,

i guess the rudder will not be proportional, but anyway... its quite cheap, and looks good,
also the transmitter has the "speed" button,

i like it, i have an SH 6023 witch i love, but this one also rooks, let's wait for some reviews, because if battery just lasts 3 minuts... looks a bit no sense wait 40 min charge to get just 3 min flight...

next steep in cheap helis is removable battery,

wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Last edited by wallaguest1; Jan 06, 2011 at 01:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2011, 09:56 AM
Joined Jan 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLSdailey View Post
some pics and a vid
ThunderJet™ Helicopter by Protocol (0 min 43 sec)
KILLSdailey is offline Find More Posts by KILLSdailey
Old Jan 06, 2011, 10:35 AM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
A 3 minute run time is not normal. Should be more like 5-6 minutes. There could be several causes for this, so I wouldn't pass judgment yet on this heli based on that.

By the way, rudder is what causes the heli to "yaw" left or right. I'm thinking maybe you were referring to the aileron (roll left or right) not being proportional because of the way the swash is arranged. We will have to wait for the originator of this thread or anyone else who bought a 340 to give us their take on how well it handles in that respect.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PByrH...layer_embedded

looks very nice in my opinion,

i guess the rudder will not be proportional, but anyway... its quite cheap, and looks good,
also the transmitter has the "speed" button,

i like it, i have an SH 6023 witch i love, but this one also rooks, let's wait for some reviews, because if battery just lasts 3 minuts... looks a bit no sense wait 40 min charge to get just 3 min flight...

next steep in cheap helis is removable battery,

edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old Jan 06, 2011, 05:11 PM
Joined Jan 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
some pics and a vid
ThunderJet™ Helicopter by Protocol (0 min 43 sec)
Old Jan 06, 2011, 05:50 PM
Joined Jan 2011
5 Posts
protocol runtime

Protocol thunderjet runtime about 10 min charge 15min ,fly for 8 safe after it starts pullin right an u have 2 mess w trim
sry b multi post new 2 forumz
Old Jan 06, 2011, 06:16 PM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
3 channel: slow moving and responding, can't roll, rudder only turns; for fun only.
good god no! Only for fun?!?

You're softening B

If you don't have at least one good 3er in your hanger you're missing out.
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Old Jan 06, 2011, 11:54 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
wish i read this before i got 3ch protocol thunderjet(syma 107 rebrand ?) but for fist heli i still love it .the 24$ heli is now used more than 500+$ t maxx
It's probably closer to the Syma S105 because it has the side LEDs on it. Canopy looks like the S107 thought. She's a cross breed. Where did you purchase it from? Link?
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 07, 2011, 08:24 AM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
It's probably closer to the Syma S105 because it has the side LEDs on it. Canopy looks like the S107 thought. She's a cross breed. Where did you purchase it from? Link?
That's the $19 (delivered) heli from Lord and taylor I posted in the <$20 thread. If it's a 105, then it's a 105g.

No links. links won't work to that page of the site. Just go to http://www.lordandtaylor.com/ and type helicopter in the search. use promo TAKE2 for 20%
_pokey is offline Find More Posts by _pokey
Old Jan 08, 2011, 04:06 AM
azg
Joined Jan 2011
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3 View Post
A 3 minute run time is not normal. Should be more like 5-6 minutes. There could be several causes for this, so I wouldn't pass judgment yet on this heli based on that.

Ed
My JXD340 runs almost 7 minutes after ~50 minute charging with USB cable. Very responsive controls (much more than Falcon X). Time of flight measured with LEDs turned OFF. Amazing performance for the price.
azg is offline Find More Posts by azg
Old Jan 08, 2011, 09:47 AM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azg View Post
My JXD340 runs almost 7 minutes after ~50 minute charging with USB cable. Very responsive controls (much more than Falcon X). Time of flight measured with LEDs turned OFF. Amazing performance for the price.
excellent! I would like to do a direct comparison to the Falcon 8913 and G.T. 5888! The JXD 340 is next on my list, but its gonna be a while still before I can pull the trigger on that one!

In the mean time, I'll just watch this thread
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Jan 08, 2011, 10:05 AM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
excellent! I would like to do a direct comparison to the Falcon 8913 and G.T. 5888! The JXD 340 is next on my list, but its gonna be a while still before I can pull the trigger on that one!

In the mean time, I'll just watch this thread
You're welcome to try mine when it gets here.
Old Jan 08, 2011, 10:14 AM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pokey View Post
You're welcome to try mine when it gets here.
lol I'd love to but I dont think a trip to new hampshire is in the cards for a while :P A flight vid will do just fine though
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Jan 08, 2011, 12:27 PM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
lol I'd love to but I dont think a trip to new hampshire is in the cards for a while :P A flight vid will do just fine though
Party pooper
Old Jan 08, 2011, 12:35 PM
Joined Nov 2010
13 Posts
New here, hi all.
I bought both the JXD (Jin Xing Da) 335, 339 and 340 Drift King. They are all very good flyers. The 335 is a little slow but it's nice and stable, very similar to a S107 (which I have 2 of) but it needs slighty more yaw trimming during flight.

The 339 is my all time favourite micro 3 channel now and easily beats the s107 in terms of price and performance. It has 2 speeds and is really fast and you can switch the 5 LEDs off for a longer flight which is about 7 mins (I stop before it's depleted) Charge time is 45mins. It comes with spare blades, one of each and a usb charger with barrel jack connector. Looks wise it's also a real winner, i got the gold one and the skids and tail boom are gold colored plating, the body is actually metalic colored plastic not metal, but it's very nicely designed as a 1 piece, I think being plastic it makes it a bit lighter.

The 340 Drift King is also an excellent micro heli with the added bonus of 4 channels allowing it to drift from side to side, which it does quite nicely I feel.
It's very slightly larger than the 339 and is not quite so fast, but it also has 2 speeds and you can turn the LEDs off as well. It also comes with spares and a USB charger with square 2 pin connector. Flight time is 6 mins, charging 50 mins. It also looks great I think. It's main body is very thin metal and each side is one piece design, very well manufactured.

Even the boxes on these 2 new JXDs look great. JXD could be the new SYMA... they better watch out, lol.

I'm in the UK and they cost me about £18 for the 339 and £21 for the 340 delivered from china.
HeliMadMan is offline Find More Posts by HeliMadMan
Old Jan 08, 2011, 01:12 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
As another forum member would say, "right on!". I would say the JXD line of sub micros are way under rated. They are well thought out, and the quality control seems to be above that of other manufacturers. You very rarely hear of bad JXDs. Besides they perform well.

I own a blue JXD 335, and so far, it's the best 3 channel IR model I've flown. Well I do like the 9808 very much too, but those have durability issues. Now if there was one thing I would change on the 335, it would be to be able to turn off those side LEDs just like the 339, and 340. Not so much for increasing run time as I rarely fly it over 4 minutes anyway, but because the LEDs are awfully bright to my eyes in a darkened room or outside at night.

Looking forward to hearing more about the 4 channel JXD 340, and watching videos posted by owners.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliMadMan View Post
New here, hi all.
I bought both the JXD (Jin Xing Da) 335, 339 and 340 Drift King. They are all very good flyers. The 335 is a little slow but it's nice and stable, very similar to a S107 (which I have 2 of) but it needs slighty more yaw trimming during flight.

The 339 is my all time favourite micro 3 channel now and easily beats the s107 in terms of price and performance. It has 2 speeds and is really fast and you can switch the 5 LEDs off for a longer flight which is about 7 mins (I stop before it's depleted) Charge time is 45mins. It comes with spare blades, one of each and a usb charger with barrel jack connector. Looks wise it's also a real winner, i got the gold one and the skids and tail boom are gold colored plating, the body is actually metalic colored plastic not metal, but it's very nicely designed as a 1 piece, I think being plastic it makes it a bit lighter.

The 340 Drift King is also an excellent micro heli with the added bonus of 4 channels allowing it to drift from side to side, which it does quite nicely I feel.
It's very slightly larger than the 339 and is not quite so fast, but it also has 2 speeds and you can turn the LEDs off as well. It also comes with spares and a USB charger with square 2 pin connector. Flight time is 6 mins, charging 50 mins. It also looks great I think. It's main body is very thin metal and each side is one piece design, very well manufactured.

Even the boxes on these 2 new JXDs look great. JXD could be the new SYMA... they better watch out, lol.

I'm in the UK and they cost me about £18 for the 339 and £21 for the 340 delivered from china.
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Last edited by edwong3; Jan 08, 2011 at 01:28 PM.