HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2010, 03:16 PM
Joined Aug 2008
89 Posts
Discussion
Help with some simpl questions

Hello everyone,

I know alot of my questions have been answered before but i cant find where. Anyway, i was given a UM T-28 for xmas from my awesome wife. Will the battery from that work in my Vapor(not a night Vapor)? Next what is the best battery to purchase for the T-28 and Vapor to help produce more power and better flight times? Lastly, i live in a cold climate(Wisconsin) how do these little airplanes do in the cold? Now that i have it i want to fly it real bad. Any info or suggestions please help!

Thanks,

Luke
ChargerF18 is offline Find More Posts by ChargerF18
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2010, 03:31 PM
Joined Aug 2008
89 Posts
Sorry, its Simple...not simpl....lol!!

Luke
ChargerF18 is offline Find More Posts by ChargerF18
Old Dec 27, 2010, 03:42 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
The Vapor Battery won't work at all in the T-28, the T-28 battery will work fine in a vapor.

The cheapest battery to get that will be better than the supplied 120 mAh battery in the T-28 would be the 160 mAh from HK, both the nanos or the Regular 160s will work fine. Buy what ever are in stock.

In the cold, you want to keep the wind off the battery, first, and insulate the battery, second. A shield made of paper/tape will increase flight times. keep the batteries in a warm pocket until its time to fly them.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Dec 27, 2010, 08:17 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,380 Posts
The best batteries there are right now are the hyperion or thunder power micor batteries. The hyperion batteries can be bought at BPP hobbies:
http://b-p-p.com/product.php?product...&cat=61&page=1
The thunder power batteries(A few dollars more, lighter) can be bought at your hobby shop or horizonhobby.com. The hyperion batteries perform better in the cold than any battery(other RCG users have reported). They are more powerful, longer flight times, 4C charge rates, and can be cycled over 300 times.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5