HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2010, 01:32 PM
Joined Dec 2010
132 Posts
Discussion
Motor Upgrade advice for Hobbico/Flyzone Piper Super Cub Select

Does anyone have any recommendations for a motor upgrade for my 48" (wing span) Super Cub Select. I realize that I will need to upgrade the esc, prop and battery along with the motor, and re-weight if necessary for cg. AND, for the money it will cost to do so, perhaps I would be better off just getting a new plane all together. BUT, since I am just starting out. the main problem I am having with my super cub is battling the wind as I learn to fly. Will a larger motor give me much improvement? OR, if wind is the problem, should I look at getting a larger, heavier plane - but still with relatively low wing loading? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

The following is a link to a review of the Super Cub Select RTF plane that I have.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1282
cheap daddy is offline Find More Posts by cheap daddy
Last edited by cheap daddy; Dec 27, 2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: added hyperlink to a review of the Super Cub Select
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:39 PM
United States, VA, Rockingham
Joined Sep 2010
26 Posts
Motor Upgrade for Flyzone Super Cub available...

Hi: Go to the classified section of RCGroups and find the entry called "Aluminum motor mount for Flyzone Select Super Cub and 450 Size Motor" to see pictures of such a mount and motor. Terry at www.smallpartscnc.com makes a custom motor mount precisely for your plane. He does beautiful and accurate work and is a true gentleman to deal with. Yours Truly, Michael Clem, Penn Laird, Virginia
oldpoppy is offline Find More Posts by oldpoppy
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:12 PM
Joined Dec 2010
132 Posts
Thanks for the update, but unfortunately, my darn Super Cub burnt to a crisp this weekend - so I will not be needing a motor upgrade at this time.
cheap daddy is offline Find More Posts by cheap daddy