HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:31 AM
Joined Jun 2008
263 Posts
Discussion
DX6I swap rudder and aileron sticks

Hi, I have a fairly new DX6I transmitter I use to fly a couple of small 3 channel foamies. I just got a new MCX2 for Xmas and have been playing around with it and would like to know if there is a way to swap the rudder and aileron sticks.... With my 3 channel foamies the right(aileron) stick controls the plane going left or right. On the MCX2, the left stick controls the rudder and the left and right movement of the heli. I don't anticipate getting any more helis after this one, so I would like to know if there is a way to modify this on the DX6I.

Thanks for any help,
Mike
aclinml is offline Find More Posts by aclinml
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:43 AM
USA
Joined Sep 2003
967 Posts
You are suggesting a Mode four configuration.

See:http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/rc-...ter-modes.html

That is a legitimate Mode, and it may be possible on the 6i but I would imagine that it would at least have to be returned to Horizon for the change.

Unlike the pre-computer radios it is more than a simple stick change as the programming must also be changed (activated) to match the stick configuration you desire.

Give Horizon service a call on Monday, toll free at: 1-800-338-4639 and ask for Service on the 6i.
They'll be able to help you....even if the answer is 'no' you'll get the straight scoop.

There also may be some "service menu gurus" on this site who can tell you the procedure (if available) to follow.
onewasp is offline Find More Posts by onewasp
Last edited by onewasp; Dec 25, 2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:53 AM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aclinml View Post
Hi, I have a fairly new DX6I transmitter I use to fly a couple of small 3 channel foamies. I just got a new MCX2 for Xmas and have been playing around with it and would like to know if there is a way to swap the rudder and aileron sticks.... With my 3 channel foamies the right(aileron) stick controls the plane going left or right. On the MCX2, the left stick controls the rudder and the left and right movement of the heli. I don't anticipate getting any more helis after this one, so I would like to know if there is a way to modify this on the DX6I.

Thanks for any help,
Mike
You can't readily modify the transmitter -- and wouldn't want to. This is something you can do with mixing. Just set up rudder to aileron and aileron to rudder mixes.

But I would suggest that it's much better to learn to use your left hand for the rudder. It's a pure yaw control that has no equivalent on your 3-channel fixed wing models -- it doesn't turn the model but rotates it on its axis.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66