HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:55 PM
Riverside, California, United States
Joined Feb 2004
1,465 Posts
Target and I will be leaving my place about 715 am.....

see u there!

B
Brandon is offline Find More Posts by Brandon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:50 PM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Paulson View Post
Cool Mark! You know it looks like we are going to have as many new guys as experienced. That's as cool as it get's! I will make it a top priorty to help and teach. If that's what you want, just ask and I'm your's. I have a feeling this is going to be more of a clinic than a comp and that's fine! I love helping. I know Brandon and Target both want to learn a bunch.

More new guys would even be better.... anyone else?

I'm really looking forward to this!

K
I will be there early. My objective is mostly to get acquainted with Fosa and dial it in. I do want to get it on the course and she what she'll do.
stevecondon is offline Find More Posts by stevecondon
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:35 PM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
Tomorrow's NOAA Forecast. Hmmmm

Sunday: A chance of drizzle before 10am, then a slight chance of showers between 10am and 4pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:22 AM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
Stuff is charged, line is soaked, alarm clock is set.
djklein21 is offline Find More Posts by djklein21
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:28 AM
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Mar 2007
1,336 Posts
Yeah... 4 million percent out. I can't commit that far to iffy weather. Sorry guys... have fun and go fast!!!

D
Daryl Perkins is offline Find More Posts by Daryl Perkins
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:20 AM
Eggcellent...
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,422 Posts
You guys have fun...wish I could make it.

Tom
tewatson is online now Find More Posts by tewatson
Old Jan 30, 2011, 08:39 AM
United States, CA, San Luis Obispo
Joined Aug 2006
1,468 Posts
Have fun guys! Too much to do around the house today after the 3 year olds birthday party I am going to try to get some time with my new 2.4 fuselages so I'll be "in the cool guy club" next time out!

I better hear some stories about how fast that Fosa is!!
Avaldes is offline Find More Posts by Avaldes
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:14 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,356 Posts
I had a fantastic time (I always do), with a terrible start by flying into the Poway "Plane eating tree" on the first trim flight with the trusty Ceres F model.....Fell from its 40' tree perch down to @ 20', then nosed into the ground.... NO DAMAGE!
Those Ceres' are tough bastards!!!! Lucky for me.

After that, it was all peaches and cream, especially after the wind started to pick up and Ceres started getting some happier launch conditions. Almost (missed it by that much!) broke into the 16's on my speed runs, oh well, next time.

Speaking of launch, that danged Fosa is pretty incredible in launch. I was impressed! Nice flying plane, Steve.

Thanks to all, Kyle, Dave, Steve, Mike, for helping selflessly me, Brandon, and Mark Canfield. It was great fun.

I had one stupendous turn on the A base, where I swear my Ceres was railing just as fast as Kyle's, Dave's, and Steve's planes..... That will be providing me with a buzz into the workweek!

Thanks again, guys!

R,
target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:05 AM
Joined Feb 2004
1,465 Posts
Kyle, Dave, and Steve,...

Thank you so much for your assistance today, I had a great time on the speed course and enjoyed it very much. I have a lot to learn with regards to F3B, but it's a start! Amazing to see these efficient machined do their thing....

Thank you again!

Brandon
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:09 AM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
The wet, rainy exit did not spoil our fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaldes View Post
Have fun guys! Too much to do around the house today after the 3 year olds birthday party I am going to try to get some time with my new 2.4 fuselages so I'll be "in the cool guy club" next time out!

I better hear some stories about how fast that Fosa is!!
Ok, it is pretty dang fast. I was real sloppy for a number of runs and pushed the margins so I cut a number of times and didn't go back but on the smoothest early run I flew in nice air (with only fuse ballast - 18.3 ounces) I cut B by a wingspan but ended up with a DNC ("does not count") 13.81 which was a real eye opener. With all the brass it did well but I need to make some heavier ballast for conditions like we had today. Fosa will launch it based on what I saw.

Not sure what my fastest clean time was with it, but I think it was in the low 15's. The irratic results were because of me, not the plane. Inspires me to want to go and practice more.

I want to thank Dave and Kyle for putting it together today--it was REALLY fun. Very low key and more a clinic than a contest. We worked well together and it was really really fun to have Target, Brandon and Mark out there. They all made excellent improvement. Slope guys are just not afraid of airplanes hauling ass close to the ground and they all three proved it. Awesome!

Dave and Kyle--you dudes looked so dialed. Dave-O's two or three back to back super smooth 14's show that he has the stuff to REPRESENT at the worlds. I happened to be working B when Kyle threw down his PB 13.14 and it was PERFECTLY tight - about 1' and 3' across the base respectively. Nice flying man. When is the next one?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:17 AM
Carlsbad, Calif
Joined Mar 2007
664 Posts
Yeah, what a day it was!
Thanks guys for all your help. It's always fun to see yourself improve and with the coaching and tips we received, the learning curve is smooth and easy. Special Thanks to Mike Smith for taking the time to set me up correctly, it paid off in the end.

Mark
Mark Canfield is offline Find More Posts by Mark Canfield
Old Jan 31, 2011, 09:40 AM
Joined Nov 2004
1,993 Posts
As I thought..... it was a blast having the slopers out there. The learning curve they are going through is dramatic! Slopers kick butt! Thanks for coming guys! I REEEEALLLLY had a GR8 time!

The next Speed Cup..... Not sure but with the Gator coming we "might" skip Feb and do a March.

Oh..... the FOSA! It looks good. It's in the game! But I still prefure my trusty FS3! Maybe a bit bias. Although at one point during the day I thought I saw a Free Styler streaking across the sky at "mach" speed….. but then I noticed it was just a jet from the military base nearby.
The Fosa is right on par with the build quality of the FS3..... it's very nice to see! I think we are going to see alot of FOSA in the coming year.

Thanks all for coming!
Kyle Paulson is offline Find More Posts by Kyle Paulson
Last edited by Kyle Paulson; Jan 31, 2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:15 PM
Joined Feb 2004
1,465 Posts
Kyle and Dave,

On the way home yesterday I was thinking and pondering about the way you two were flying the speed course. It looked like you guys were never "banging the turns", but rather using more of a "carving" turn. I felt like I was "banging" rather than carving....does this turn style kill your speed on the course? Am I on the right track here?

B
Old Feb 01, 2011, 12:02 AM
Joined Nov 2004
1,993 Posts
I would say so Brandon. A bang does seem to kill the speed but too big of a carve would take to long. So somewhere in between. My trany is set so "if" I pull full stick it might be a bit too tight.

K
Kyle Paulson is offline Find More Posts by Kyle Paulson