Old Dec 24, 2010, 09:25 PM
Suspended Account
AK
Joined Dec 2010
339 Posts
Mini-Review
Phoenix 2000 EPO Composite by Hobby King

Phoenix 2000 EPO Composite R/C Glider

Looking for any reviews on this as I am tempted to "pull the trigger" on this one.
Thanks!
Katabatic is offline Find More Posts by Katabatic
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2010, 06:40 AM
Singapore
Joined Mar 2008
315 Posts
I am also waiting for a review on this glider.

I have previously bought a plane (P51) from this manufacturer. Although it is not EPO, but normal foam, the quality is quite good, flies very well with hardly any trim, and if the glider is as good quality, I think it should be a good buy.

Waiting for stock to become available on Hobby City.
DL8698 is offline Find More Posts by DL8698
Old Dec 25, 2010, 06:52 AM
Singapore
Joined Mar 2008
315 Posts
I just found a thread with some info on this glider here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post16914440
Old Dec 26, 2010, 12:33 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
You use the review thread label when you are posting a review, not asking for one..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:12 PM
Spool 'er up!
United States, FL, Oxford
Joined Mar 2010
306 Posts
I was all set to get a Radian as my first sailplane, but now tempted to buy this Phoenix 2000 instead. And since this is a new offering, I'm also looking for some reviews before "pulling the trigger".

BTW, I just sent a PM to Doubletap since he recently purchased one from Hobby King. Given his vast experience with gliders, he'll hopefully chime in here with some feedback on the Phoenix.

-Paul
Paul1PA is offline Find More Posts by Paul1PA
Old Dec 28, 2010, 05:09 PM
Suspended Account
AK
Joined Dec 2010
339 Posts
Thanks Paul, I'll be standing by and sorry for getting your hopes up Andy
Katabatic is offline Find More Posts by Katabatic
Old Jan 14, 2011, 06:49 AM
Slovakia, Nitriansky kraj, Šaľa
Joined Jun 2010
13 Posts
dec 2010 - I have bought one. I was surprised by quality of manufaturing. For that price (it cost less then 80 USD) it is worth to buy. Easy to assemble, without problems. I changed screws for wings. I use inbus screws with tips. Flaperons are prepared, including servo holes, easy to add and instal flap servos. There are a little bit short wires for aileron servos. I have tested phoenix for a very short time - only a few minutes because of freeze and wind, but it flew really nice.
jan 2010 - I tested Phoenix 2000 yesterday. Conditions 10 deg.C, 1-2m/s, sunny, Lipoly 2200mAh. It flew perfectly. I can compare to Easyglider, Phoenix is better plane. It fly a faster , but with better slide. After a few tests I added 260g weight which represents weight of planed FPV, and to my surprise again very nice flying demonstration....
tomytomiak is offline Find More Posts by tomytomiak
Last edited by tomytomiak; Jan 18, 2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 04:48 PM
LE MANS, France
Joined Oct 2010
249 Posts
Phoenix 2000

Hi,
I had this model for summer season, and I was really glad.
Very good quality, easy to assembled, fly so easily, no bad surprises...
Lots of FPV pilots starting to use it because of it's good quality.
Here's a video that I made with a turnigy cam. It was on Evian Heights in France.
So please to find some guys who loves that glider not enough know.
A+
Chris

Vol au dessus d'Evian (Saint Paul en Chablais) avec un aéronef radiocommandé (6 min 28 sec)
HLC SHOP is offline Find More Posts by HLC SHOP
Old Feb 22, 2011, 07:30 AM
Joined May 2004
39 Posts
Hi all,
How youo guys keep the black canopy in place?
Look like the clips so flimsy. Rare earth magnet any good?
Thanks
Dragonfryer is offline Find More Posts by Dragonfryer
Old Feb 22, 2011, 03:23 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Just got around assembling my Phoenix 2000, found the most difficult and frustrating part of the entire process was applying those thin decals, they should take some tips from Multiplex bout designing decals. I couldn't do the entire set without a few wrinkles. also my kit was missing some hardware, namely the tiny M2 nuts to be used with the corresponding M2 long fasteners to retain the vertical fin. Fortunately, I was able to find a full set of M2.5 screws and nuts leftover from another kit, in my well stocked spare hardware box that worked just fine.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Feb 25, 2011, 05:43 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
installed a Flightmax 2200 30C, it won't balance at the marked 70mm marks under the wings, when the battery is sitting on the battery tray it is way too nose heavy, with the battery behind the battery tray and the tail end of the pack slid underneath the servo tray, it balances around 75mm. The manual calls out CG range of 70-75mm from LE at root.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Mar 27, 2011, 01:35 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1 Posts
Phoenix 2000 EPO Composite R/C Glider

Can anyone help - I recently purchased the Phoenix 2000 R/C Glider from HK.

The spinner which already has the prop attached to it - is this supposed to screw onto the motor shaft also screw threaded or is there something esle that goes on between the spinner and motor - I tried to screw the spinner to the shaft but it did not work and te instruction manual doesnt show this either.

Syed
syd786 is offline Find More Posts by syd786
Old May 18, 2011, 10:05 PM
Singapore
Joined Mar 2008
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd786 View Post
Can anyone help - I recently purchased the Phoenix 2000 R/C Glider from HK.

The spinner which already has the prop attached to it - is this supposed to screw onto the motor shaft also screw threaded or is there something esle that goes on between the spinner and motor - I tried to screw the spinner to the shaft but it did not work and te instruction manual doesnt show this either.

Syed
Take a look at the hole where the motor shaft is supposed to go in. Does it have 4 slits, and a big nut on the other side of that (see the attached photo.) If so, then it is a "collet". You slide the motor shaft in, tighten the nut as hard as you can (without breaking any thing!)

What you may not notice is that the collet shaft sits in a tapered hole, so as you tighten and pull the collet shaft through, the collet shaft hole becomes smaller, and tightens its grip on the motor shaft.

If you are attaching to a threaded motor shaft, it's better to slide a thin plastic sleeve on the motor shaft before fitting to the collet. I tried without the sleeve and its very hard to get the collet to fit tightly on the motor shaft threads.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:24 PM
Joined May 2008
82 Posts
looking for phoenix 2000 canopy

Lost my canopy last flight a half mile up..never saw it depart. if any of you have dorked your 2000 and have a good canopy....i would like to buy it. james
Cactusflyr is offline Find More Posts by Cactusflyr
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:25 PM
Joined May 2008
82 Posts
FYI...........found a supplier here in the USA that sells the canopy only.

http://store.economyrc.com/

around 9 bucks plus shipping. dont have them in now but the continuously restock them.
Cactusflyr is offline Find More Posts by Cactusflyr