HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2011, 03:55 PM
Houston
Joined Oct 2006
251 Posts
Talk about fast shipping. It was here when I got home today, so this was no slow boat from China. He has them in stock. For how long is anyones guess.

Just opened the box and, sure as shooting, there is a transmitter in there.

Lemme make some room where I can empty the box and take a full inventory of its contents, but it looks like the full blown RTF version to me.

$120.00? Deal of the week! :P
Tail Wheel is offline Find More Posts by Tail Wheel
Last edited by Tail Wheel; Mar 23, 2011 at 04:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2011, 04:16 PM
Houston
Joined Oct 2006
251 Posts
Well, it looks like it is all here.

No noted damage.

Plane with parts, motor, battery, transmitter, receiver (with bind plug!), charger, and servos installed.

Good to go.

That's it. An old set of Trexler balloon tires I have are definitely going on this one... :P

Jackpot.

Get 'em while their hot!

Quote:
Hey TW - this is not complete, it is only the "kit". just like the product title says. It is only the airframe, no motor esc servos, nothing but the foam...
GreedyG 76. You were saying? lol

Last edited by Tail Wheel; Mar 23, 2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 05:37 PM
Occupying RCG
United States, MS, Ocean Springs
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
WOW!

I gotta sell sumpin' fast!
olthump is offline Find More Posts by olthump
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:30 PM
Houston
Joined Oct 2006
251 Posts
Well, I can't see any difference between the BlitzRCworks Cub and the Starmax version. From the same mold if I was a betting man.

This plane does not have the upgraded landing gear. By that, I mean the added springs which if fine. These look more scale. Obviously, he is sitting on some NOS. For the price and super fast shipping
it got me a Cub faster, and cheaper, than any other place I've found...

If anyone decides to order form them I'd follow the build thread below. Has some steps not mentioned in the book. Particularly the fiberglass wing spar installment.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1384440
Last edited by Tail Wheel; Mar 24, 2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:59 AM
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined Oct 2008
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail Wheel View Post
Well, it looks like it is all here.

No noted damage.

Plane with parts, motor, battery, transmitter, receiver (with bind plug!), charger, and servos installed.

Good to go.

That's it. An old set of Trexler balloon tires I have are definitely going on this one... :P

Jackpot.

Get 'em while their hot!

GreedyG 76. You were saying? lol

Ordered one yesterday around noon. Was $120 + $10 shipping

Total $130. Unbelieveable..........

Its already shipped and Im following the tracking ##

Should have it Monday.

Anyone care to suggest a nice wood prop for the stock setup?
-Rittmeister- is offline Find More Posts by -Rittmeister-
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:16 AM
Semper Fi
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
871 Posts
HOLY SMOKES!!! ordering 2 right now, kudos to Tail Wheel you are the man! what's your "finders fee"? lol
greedyg76 is offline Find More Posts by greedyg76
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:38 PM
Houston
Joined Oct 2006
251 Posts
Fee? Nuttin'.

He's been sitting on a few for awhile and is wanting to dump them. My guess, any way.

The CA bottle in the box was already starting to gel.. No biggie.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 03:57 PM
Houston
Joined Oct 2006
251 Posts
Quote:
Anyone care to suggest a nice wood prop for the stock setup?
Looks like HondaJet is running a Turnigy 12-5 on his...

Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:56 PM
Joined Oct 2008
125 Posts
Quote:
Looks like HondaJet is running a Turnigy 12-5 on his...

Nice pic. Sure is going to be a fine plane. I'm rather pleased to hear the one you got had the original style cross brace between the l/g. The springs may be more efficient/stronger but the original release looks far more scale.

I wonder if this plane might benefit from a couple coats of Matte Liquitex to simulate a fabric look and matte down the sheen. I know it works wonders on many arf WW1 types.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:57 PM
Joined Oct 2008
125 Posts
Mine is actually shipping from Brooklyn so thats only about 80 miles away.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:17 PM
Warbird Madness
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Dec 2006
242 Posts
Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement parts? The manual from starmax lists the landing gear as No. 51065. My plastic landing strut and spring broke off, so I was looking for a new landing gear assembly. Banana Hobby only sells the complete plane at this time and does not nor stock parts for this plane..... Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement parts?
Sharperguy is offline Find More Posts by Sharperguy
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:39 AM
Joined Oct 2008
125 Posts
Mine arrived Saturday afternoon while I was away. Wow that only 2 1/2 days delivery for 10 bucks. Cant beat that.

Everything perfect except one small 3/8" dent on one wing. No Biggee; all else in perfect order.

Be a while till I get to it but have a few questions.

ANyone have a really gd color match for he paint? One area of the fuse on a bottom radius is a little thin, and I would like to paint the plastic gear legs to match a bit better.

I had asked before, but wondered if anyone had tired the matte lacquer that works so well on many monkoted WW1 Electrifly models and similar?

BTW.. The cross brace at the lg is the old style, not the 4 spring arrangement. I'm happy about that..

All in a super terrific deal!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:00 AM
Houston
Joined Oct 2006
251 Posts
Mine did, too.

Quote:
This plane does not have the upgraded landing gear. By that, I mean the added springs which if fine. These look more scale. Obviously, he is sitting on some NOS.
Looks like we've cleaned him out on the Cubs..

The link doesn't show 'em any more.

Hope @ least few here took advantage of the deal.
Last edited by Tail Wheel; Mar 27, 2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 04:08 PM
Houston
Joined Oct 2006
251 Posts
Well, this fizzled to a halt.

To who all that got one, or more, from VCSHobbies are there any problems?

I finally got some time to assemble mine and when I went to bind the xmitter to the receiver all went well (servos work) except i couldn't get any response from the ESC. No beeps. Motor won't even budge. Thought it might be the receiver, but tried it in another plane and it worked fine.

So, I contacted Anthony @ VCSHobbies and this dude is really, really nice and helpful and is going to send me another speed controller in hopes that will cure it..

I'm hoping that's what the problem is, any way. How can I test the motor? Did a continuity test between all three wires and they show no open short in the windings..

I'm kinda new at this fangled electronic stuff, but am figuring it out.

I think. :P
Old Apr 01, 2011, 06:35 AM
One cell short of a Pack
Good ole Smithsburg, MD
Joined Mar 2007
1,867 Posts
Quote:
Well, this fizzled to a halt.

To who all that got one, or more, from VCSHobbies are there any problems?

I finally got some time to assemble mine and when I went to bind the xmitter to the receiver all went well (servos work) except i couldn't get any response from the ESC. No beeps. Motor won't even budge. Thought it might be the receiver, but tried it in another plane and it worked fine.

So, I contacted Anthony @ VCSHobbies and this dude is really, really nice and helpful and is going to send me another speed controller in hopes that will cure it..

I'm hoping that's what the problem is, any way. How can I test the motor? Did a continuity test between all three wires and they show no open short in the windings..

I'm kinda new at this fangled electronic stuff, but am figuring it out.

I think. :P

Tailwheel,

Do you have a computer radio? If so, try and set your throttle to -150% or thereabouts. I had the same problem, and got a replacement ESC just to find it did the same thing and on a whim, expanded the throttle range to +/- 125% and PRESTO! Armed and working Great! Nothing wrong with the original ESC that came with it either so now I have two ESC's for it.

Hope that Helps...

Cheers,
Steve
steve1814 is online now Find More Posts by steve1814