HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2010, 04:28 PM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,934 Posts
Gallery
Warmed by the Gulf Stream

It's a good job that my bit of England is kept warmer than other areas because the warm waters of the |Gulf Stream wash the shores of the island where I live.

Due to "Global Warming" residents of the U.K were advised to grow drought and heat resistant plants.
This would allow us to grow plants that would survive in the hot and arid conditions that the "experts" assured us were going to be the norm.

Judge for yourself.......

Oh! .... and a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.
sparklet is offline Find More Posts by sparklet
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2010, 05:47 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Apr 2005
900 Posts
There is similar scenery here in Manchester!
The Orange trees have not got fruit on the yet

I have just heard on the news that Morecambe bay has got pack ice!
The first time since 1963.

Oh...... nice photos by the way.

Richard
Bearded Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Bearded Flyer
Old Dec 23, 2010, 05:48 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jan 2007
4,529 Posts
Nah, the scientists got smart and stopped calling it Global Warming and started calling it Climate Change. That way their asses were covered whichever way it went and they would then be "right".

Nice pictures by the way.

- Jeff
Canadian Geek is offline Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Old Dec 23, 2010, 05:58 PM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,399 Posts
Where's your global warming swim suit? I got cold just looking at your pictures. Great shots though. We are expecting 1" of sleet tonight and 4" of snow on top of that. Dirty no good global warming!
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Dec 23, 2010, 07:38 PM
Joined Mar 2001
2,625 Posts
Just go hiking. A morning spent in the woods on a wind-swept, frigid mountaintop is good for the soul. Take along a plane, and have the best of both worlds.

Tony

PS:
t-turley is offline Find More Posts by t-turley
Old Dec 24, 2010, 07:18 AM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,230 Posts
Shouldn't you have been wearing shorts? Nice icy photos there!

David
Hogster is offline Find More Posts by Hogster
Old Dec 24, 2010, 04:57 PM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,934 Posts
Thanks for the comments.
I was that busy getting the plane ready to fly that I hadn't had time to slip into my shorts !

Someone had a photo printed in the local paper - it showed a polar bear on the ice at the edge of Morecambe Bay.
It was a toy bear but it looked pretty convincing at first glance.

Snow, on the occasions we get it around here, doesn't normally stay more than a day or so, quite often it disappears in a few hours.. This lot is unusual as it has stayed put and is very crisp and crunchy after several days of hard frost.

I can remember the pack ice around 1963 the only other really snowy spell we had since then was around 1981
Old Dec 25, 2010, 03:34 PM
olivier
Dinan ,Brittany ,France
Joined Jun 2007
1,599 Posts
Really nice shots Sparklet

I had like to know how many IPCC "scientists" know why Groenland is so named and that Newfounland was called "Vinland" by Leif Ericson circa 1000 ... In the middle age, the temps were higher than those days, and it could not be due to the CO2 emissions of that time

cheers!

olivier
olivdudu is offline Find More Posts by olivdudu
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:16 AM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,934 Posts
Hi Olivier,
Very good comments. I am not yet convinced about the global warming. Some years ago the scientists were all telling us we were going to enter another ice-age ! I reckon that the scientists have to keep getting research grants and that means they have to come up with convincing arguments for studying something.

No research grants = no job ! ! !