HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:23 AM
N.E. Washington
Joined Jan 2011
6 Posts
Hey Bubski. Your story sounds similar to my experience getting in to this. I was on the edge until I got my rtf hausler. I was amazed at how stable it was compared to the other "beginner cp" I had. Is it easy to fly? Probably not but then are any of them? The difference to me is that it is capable of taking me through the learning processs and it compares to higher end kits not the plastic blow apart ones. I,m a new guy to helis and had the hausler maybe 2 months now. I'm taking my time and progressing in baby steps. I built my "crash kit" and am flying it also now. It was a good experience in learning set up etc. I would recommend the hausler to my best of friend, I feel that comfortable with it. Bonus is the parts are cheap and available. The radio does what it needs to do, as others say there are better but it works and seems programmed quite well out of the box. Good luck with whatever you choose to do!
Bearcreek59 is offline Find More Posts by Bearcreek59
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2011, 08:44 PM
USA, CT, Norwalk
Joined Feb 2011
28 Posts
Thanks Guys for all the replies. I understand the degree of difficulty in learning to fly any of these cp heli's, so I have my frame of mine set for that. I've been doing a lot of sim time and it's even starting to make me feel like im progressing in the hover. I really don't care right now to be the pilot doing the 3D's scaring the heck out of people watching (some of video's look like they are just lucky they don't ditch the things while doing 3D) My plan, if God's willing, is to be the old man with the scale heli that could be traded in for a nice used car! LOL!!!
BUBSKI is offline Find More Posts by BUBSKI
Old Feb 25, 2011, 08:49 PM
USA, CT, Norwalk
Joined Feb 2011
28 Posts
@Steveís quote "I suck as a pilot" thanks for your complete honesty, which is not the norm for most companies today. And the one thing that does stand out is how everyone on this and other forums comments on Customer service. I'm starting up a photography business and been told if I want to succeed in business then I'm not suppose to be completely honest with the customer! I beg to differ. so for that I guess I will be in the dog house for a while when my wife sees the hausler 450 sitting in my collection.! LOL but that's ok cause then I will be outside all night flying right!!
Old Feb 27, 2011, 01:06 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
Where can you buy the RTF one online?
GetterDragun is offline Find More Posts by GetterDragun
Old Feb 27, 2011, 09:39 PM
United States, CA, Downey
Joined Jun 2005
1,801 Posts
I have one I got at the AMA Show and I have been in the Copter Bizz since the first Align (Grey One) and I am impressed by this bird, Quality all thru, and replacement parts are reasonable and all available from cermark and are on a par with aligns.
My only complaint is the canopy is too skinny, the Align is a better fit. wish they would make a wider one. I really like this copter!!! Now having said that I must say that I put in my own electronics.
Jcopter
Jcopter is offline Find More Posts by Jcopter
Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:41 PM
flightline mike
USA, CA, Hemet
Joined Jan 2011
59 Posts
Bubski, i disagree with you. When we get old, God willing, we will be trading in our cars for a bigger birds, lol. My dog house in the backyard has indoor plumbing, lol. My wife is the only thng i love more than my birds, lol lol lol lol. Tricks are for kids, i don't fly 3d, i like to fly around upright, like real ones do. I suppose someday i will try to fly 3d, it's just that every time i do, it costs me 100 bucks and a lot of time, lol. I think your business will do fine because you seem to have the right attitude. Remember that the customer is not always right, but the customer is always the customer, lol. See ya around, so to speak, gone flying, Flightline Mike. Gone flying, not fishing, fishing is highly over rated, unless your using your bird, lol lol lol.
FLIGHTLINE MIKE is offline Find More Posts by FLIGHTLINE MIKE
Old Feb 28, 2011, 02:23 PM
flightline mike
USA, CA, Hemet
Joined Jan 2011
59 Posts
Energy x force = DESTRUCTION. There are many ways to say it, but the end result is the same, DESTRUCTION. This is my opinion, and you know what they say, opinions are like as*hol** and they all, you know, are all individual,lol lol lol. When you crash, you are taking energy and converting it into broken parts. How do you want your energy displaced. It is a chain effect. When your blades hit something, they break, and depending where your throttle is and how fast it is going, parts break untl the energy is absorbed. Metal gear servos vs plastc gear servos. Plastic gear servos absorb a lot of energy and break, and for the most part, stop the destruction. Metal gear servos do not. They transfer the destruction further on down the chain. Gears for plastic servos are cheap. They are very easy to rebuild, i have rebuilt million's of them, lol, not really, but a lot. I use a piece of scotch tape to hold the case together, and it's easier to replace the gears. To make a long story short, lol lol lol, I like plastic because it's cheaper in the long and short run. That's my "opinion", thanks for asking, lol lol lol lol Flightline Mike. p.s.- this info is for newbee's to help keep the costs down and them out of the dog house. Learn from my mistakes, lol lol. See you around the Flightline.

SEE MY NEW POST ON NEXT PAGE ONSERVOS, VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by FLIGHTLINE MIKE; Mar 11, 2011 at 12:57 AM. Reason: improve
Old Mar 01, 2011, 02:12 AM
USA, CT, Norwalk
Joined Feb 2011
28 Posts
@ Flightline your probably right, I drove tractor trailers for almost 30 yrs. last company took the $$ and ran. I forgot more road than some folks been on LOL. the wife has our only car, we had two but i have a 20yr. old that took mine out (literaly) and a good neighbor that has connections with local law inforcement that towed it before i could fix it. so much for having friendly neighbors. I figured this would be a good outlet for me to relax (yea right) i'm a nervous wreck spooling my heli up but i like the rush and my dad is a prop head. i'm getting the AMA card (INSURANCE) joining my local flying club and looking forward to getting that scale. till then I'll be getting that hausler 450!!!
Old Mar 01, 2011, 03:02 AM
USA, CT, Norwalk
Joined Feb 2011
28 Posts
[QUOTE=FLIGHTLINE MIKE;17544919]Energy x force = DESTRUCTION. There are many ways to say it, but the end result is the same, DESTRUCTION.

I witnessed that equasion! my last contribution to my frequent crasher club I started a nice hover, gust of wind caught it took it across my yard till the blade hit my stockage fence (probably was too close to it anyway) the whole rotor head is done (all plastic, woodie blades) probably a $50-60+ hit. just wondering what the energy x force will be with the H-450 having a medal head, Im pretty good at fixing the heads now so now as you put it I'll will be learning gear replacement LOL
Old Mar 01, 2011, 08:56 AM
moreno valley california
Joined Jun 2008
279 Posts
just a note....it is hard enough trying to fly a 450 in a breeze...it gets that much worse when you are flying in an area like a backyard where the air has different currents - it's definitely nice to just fly in the driveway so to speak, but it might last longer if you have steady air. that being said, I spent an awful lot of $ fixing my 450 because I wanted to fly right outside my house. complete hausler heli with carbon sides is $55 with carbon blades...sometimes easier than trying to fix this or that.

bubski...i haven't flown at whittier narrows for many years, but the word is that there is a pretty good size heli group up there. AMA is always a good idea.
koppterX is offline Find More Posts by koppterX
Old Mar 01, 2011, 01:51 PM
flightline mike
USA, CA, Hemet
Joined Jan 2011
59 Posts
I'm in Hemet, we'll have to meet and go fly sometime koppterX, if you want.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 03:18 PM
flightline mike
USA, CA, Hemet
Joined Jan 2011
59 Posts
In my servos debate in the previous reply, i left out a part of the equasion, that being X-factor. it should read: ENERGY X FORCE X X FACTOR = DESTRUCTION. The X factor being "OOOOPS". I hope this clears up any confusion, lol lol lol.
Last edited by FLIGHTLINE MIKE; Mar 01, 2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: correction
Old Mar 01, 2011, 03:45 PM
USA, CT, Norwalk
Joined Feb 2011
28 Posts
[QUOTE=koppterX;17552031]just a note....it is hard enough trying to fly a 450 in a breeze...it gets that much worse when you are flying in an area like a backyard where the air has different currents - it's definitely nice to just fly in the driveway so to speak, but it might last longer if you have steady air. that being said, I spent an awful lot of $ fixing my 450 because I wanted to fly right outside my house. complete hausler heli with carbon sides is $55 with carbon blades...sometimes easier than trying to fix this or that.

@ KoppterX it seems like as soon as I get set and ready to spool it up then the wind kicks in just a lil, maybe I better check out my hating neighbor (he might be turning on a big "A" fan pointing my way) LOL! it's like Iím hooked (this stuff gets you hooked so good I wonder if it is really legal) and there is nowhere up here yet that doesn't have a pile of snow waiting to melt.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 03:47 PM
USA, CT, Norwalk
Joined Feb 2011
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTLINE MIKE View Post
In my servos debate in the previous reply, i left out a part of the equasion, that being X-factor. it should read: ENERGY X FORCE X X FACTOR = DESTRUCTION. The X factor being "OOOOPS". I hope this clears up any confusion, lol lol lol.
your good my words don't seem to come out like that mine's are more like "OHH " D, D ,Daym! LOL
Old Mar 02, 2011, 12:48 AM
moreno valley california
Joined Jun 2008
279 Posts
Bubski...in a full size airplane you have to have that right foot on the rudder on take off...with practice it becomes second nature. with model helis, they want to drift to the left so you have to train yourself to give a little right cyclic as it gets light on the skids, otherwise they act like the wind got under the blades. use training wheels and be patient...it's like balancing a stick on the end of your finger.

mike - i am member of HMM and fly down at the main runway every so often when I break out the airplanes - but I always also bring my 700 to buzz around. We have a group of heli guys that fly in Mo Val on Sundays. All are welcome....

Paul
koppterX is offline Find More Posts by koppterX