SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:26 PM
moreno valley california
Joined Jun 2008
305 Posts
sorry to hear about your crash...the gear trains on the supplied servos are pretty weak - i found that out when i flew mine into my couch - so I suspect you broke one or more gears in the crash, and they will act or be dead. you might want to replace them with a metal geared servo, which can withstand a little more abuse. main gear is easy to replace, you can order a new from cermark, align, or the many clones. couldn't tell from the pix if the tail boom turned or if the tail rotor shaft is bent. if the former, simply loosen the four screws in the case and turn it back perpendicular, if the shaft is bent it will need to be replaced, but on grass i am betting it's okay. not difficult or expensive. yes, all servos should work in normal or idle up flight modes.

just curious if you have sim time? training wheels? help from an experienced pilot?
koppterX is online now Find More Posts by koppterX
Last edited by koppterX; Jan 31, 2011 at 10:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2011, 10:54 AM
Joined Jan 2011
8 Posts
!!Wonderfull !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppterX View Post
Hi Roberto....here are some pix that might help you. There is velcro on the battery tray, and on the bottom of the battery, as well as velcro straps on to secure the battery. simple, and easy to remove and replace. i replaced my canopy with an align, it fit perfectly, and now i have a hot little 450!
Hi koppterX

you're mitic ! You gave me the right instructions.
I will follow your suggestions.

Thanks for the wonderful post.

Ciao,
Roberto
robnunin is online now Find More Posts by robnunin
Old Feb 01, 2011, 11:04 AM
Joined Jan 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willgonz View Post
While I was taking pictures I noticed a screw was not screwed in all the way.
Hi

mine too, when out of the box, show me a loosen screw, on tail rotor.
It is a "special" screw, isn't simple to find it.

Hope that the guy who sold me the model, can help.
Otherwise, no resellers in Europe, as I know.

Ciao,
Roberto
robnunin is online now Find More Posts by robnunin
Old Feb 01, 2011, 02:01 PM
CERMARK
Joined Apr 2004
667 Posts
Hi Willgoz,

I am sorry to see that you crashed. All of the servos should work out of the box, because we fly every HAUSLER 450 RTF that leaves our CA (North American) facility. So we are certain that the servos do work. The servo gears may strip upon certain type of crashes. The main gear can be easily replaced.

If you purchased it through the local hobby, we highly recommend that you ask for those parts. They are fairly inexpensive by most standards. The servos must work in both regular and stunt/3D mode for any type of flying.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Steven Chao is offline Find More Posts by Steven Chao
Old Feb 01, 2011, 07:50 PM
Joined Jan 2011
10 Posts
So I found out what went wrong. I have flown Heli's but I never owned one. So I learned it is bad to manually move the servos with your fingers. I may have broken a tooth in the tiny gears before I even left the ground. This explains why when I went to take off it went up and just flipped over.

Lucky for me I bought the Carbon Fiber kit from my hobby shop so I just need to get 2 servos and I'll be good to go.

So what is the best way to replace the main gear? Can I just remove the screw holding the gear to the shaft and lift the shaft up a little and slide the gear out the side? What is the part number for the servos? I took one of the servos apart and sure enough teeth were broken off. Is there any way I can buy the gears and re-gear them?
willgonz is offline Find More Posts by willgonz
Old Feb 01, 2011, 08:06 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
I have had great luck with these servos, plastic gear so they will strip in a crash but I have never had one fail...until a crash

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9745

If you switch to these, you need to replace all three cyclic at once. You should also plan on replacing a feathering spindle and maybe a main shaft. You should look for Align, EXI, or HK parts, in that order

Here are the Align parts
http://www.helidirect.com/align-feat...new-p-3182.hdx

http://www.helidirect.com/align-main...ing-p-6588.hdx

good luck
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Feb 01, 2011, 08:19 PM
Joined Jan 2011
10 Posts
I found gears for the servos on the Cermark site. I think I need something like Align Gear Set for 6X Servo Exclude Servo Holder KQ910002A. And some grease. It is only $1.74 for 6 of each gear. So that means I could re-gear 6 servos. But Steven is this the right gears for the Hausler 450 SE V2? Thanks.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 12:09 AM
moreno valley california
Joined Jun 2008
305 Posts
as far as the main gear, yes, you simply remove the "jesus" bolt on the bottom, and disconnect the three cyclic links, and you can pull the head off to remove the gear. if you are ordering gear sets i am sure that you can get a main gear also. as stated, do not mix and match servos...whatever you use, they need to be the same. depending on how hard you hit, you may want to change the main shaft; it doesn't take much to bend them and it's an easy replacement. spindle is not so easy, but on the V2 head, the 4mm spindle can take a pretty good hit without bending, and again on grass, you are probably okay.

even a metal geared high dollar digital can be cooked by simply tightening the servo arm screw while the servo is turned on. done it...
Old Feb 02, 2011, 07:17 AM
Joined Jun 2010
35 Posts
how much is the rtf
mrrocks42 is offline Find More Posts by mrrocks42
Old Feb 02, 2011, 08:53 AM
Joined Jan 2011
10 Posts
I got my RTF for $209. at Hobby Town. I walked into the store and the guy said this is the one to get.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 08:54 AM
Joined Jan 2011
10 Posts
I replaced the Main Gear from the Carbon Fiber kit. That was easy. The head looks good. The tube going to the tail rotor has a dent in it from the blade hitting it.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 10:08 AM
N.E. Washington
Joined Jan 2011
6 Posts
You might check out hobbypartz.com, main shafts 3 for $3.95, feathering shafts are 2 for 2.85, tower pro sg90 seros 2.77ea., you can buy spares at this rate, almost identical to whats in the hausler but gears look and seem tougher. EXI carbon fibre blades 6.40, put exi D213F digital metal gears, $7.70 ea. in a carbon hausler, worked out good. And free shipping no matter how much you buy. I was skeptical to buy from them because of some bad reviews but I,ve ordered three times now and its on my door in four days perfect. I'm in N.E. Washington state. My hauslers been a great stable flyer for me, I,m a newbie, hope all works out for you. You want to check the feathering shaft screws one of mine had lock tight the other did not, came loose in first 2minutes of on the ground spool up test. Far as that goes check everything even though everything else on mine was good.
Bearcreek59 is offline Find More Posts by Bearcreek59
Last edited by Bearcreek59; Feb 02, 2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 01:57 PM
Joined Jan 2011
10 Posts
I bought 3 metal gear servos from hobbypartz.com.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 11:41 PM
moreno valley california
Joined Jun 2008
305 Posts
just a heads up that the new servos may or may not have the same default direction as the supplied servos. if they are "reversed" then all three will have to be reversed in the radio menu.
Old Feb 03, 2011, 12:58 AM
N.E. Washington
Joined Jan 2011
6 Posts
T6-A Info.

http://rabbitsvc.com/t6ConfigurationManual.pdf
Bearcreek59 is offline Find More Posts by Bearcreek59