SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by JussiH, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 01:36 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by worms View Post
Romania is also including in countries which do not send? starting at 14 CEST but I bother to do checkout and give me error every time. "Error: Please select Another Shipping Method".
I dont know why that is. Romania is available when I look at the relevant shipping methods and I have shipped there before. Are cookies enabled in your browser?

I have put your name on the "mishap-list"...I will make sure you are offered one from the next batch!
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2011, 01:40 PM
Joined Jul 2010
21 Posts
BTW, am I right that the freeIMU does not need an LLC but can be powered using the 5 volt line of the arduino pro mini (as long as i have the internal i2c pullups disabled)?

For the Warthox 5.0 MWC shield, all I need is the imu and a arduino pro mini, or should i order extra components.
Woozer is offline Find More Posts by Woozer
Old Aug 27, 2011, 01:45 PM
Joined Jul 2010
21 Posts
hmm, i guess i don't need anything else according to this post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1489066

Thanks anyway ^^
Old Aug 27, 2011, 05:33 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
Jussi & Fabio - CONGRATULATIONS!! Very impressive to see and a very good showing of the support for your design Fabio - a very nice one. The speed at which these were made was very impressive considering it was 1 guy doing the assembly especially when you know the quality that Fabio puts into his designs/assembly is extremely high. I am looking forward to seeing these flying around in the very near future.
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Aug 28, 2011, 02:41 AM
Joined Jul 2010
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4432 View Post
Jussi & Fabio - CONGRATULATIONS!! Very impressive to see and a very good showing of the support for your design Fabio - a very nice one. The speed at which these were made was very impressive considering it was 1 guy doing the assembly especially when you know the quality that Fabio puts into his designs/assembly is extremely high. I am looking forward to seeing these flying around in the very near future.
Indeed!
I was lucky enough to be able to order one. I'm going on vacation next week, but i can't wait to plug the shield onto my copter. I will post how it flies of course
Old Aug 28, 2011, 02:45 AM
Joined Jul 2010
21 Posts
The multiwii software disables the internal pullup resistors on the ardiono in def.h if you have defined FREEIMUv035_MS in the config.h

No chance of accidentally blowing up your sensors (thanks to the coders)
Old Aug 28, 2011, 03:17 AM
Fabio Varesano
Torino, Italy
Joined Jan 2011
419 Posts
@Woozer you just need the following connections

Code:
Arduino    FreeIMU v0.3.5_MS
5V      -> VIN
GND     -> GND
A4      -> SDA
A5      -> SCL
That's it! Remember to disable the internal pullups of your Arduino by commenting out the following line in config.h from MultiWii v1.8
Code:
#define INTERNAL_I2C_PULLUPS
Please note that there is an error in the sensor orientation of FreeIMU v0.3.5_MS in MultiWii v1.8. Fixes for this is already included in the current development version. If you wanna use MultiWii v1.8 code with FreeIMU v0.3.5_MS just change the following code in def.h from:
Code:
#if defined(FREEIMUv035) || defined(FREEIMUv035_MS) || defined(FREEIMUv035_BMP)
  #define ITG3200
  #define BMA180
  #define HMC5883
  #define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  =  -Y; accADC[PITCH]  = X; accADC[YAW]  = Z;}
  #define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] =  X;  gyroADC[PITCH] = Y; gyroADC[YAW] = Z;}
  #define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  =  X;  magADC[PITCH]  = Y; magADC[YAW]  = Z;}
  #undef INTERNAL_I2C_PULLUPS
  #if defined(FREEIMUv035_MS)
    #define MS561101BA
  #elif defined(FREEIMUv035_BMP)
    #define BMP085
  #endif
#endif
to the fixed code:
Code:
  #define ITG3200
  #define BMA180
  #define HMC5883
  #define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  =  X; accADC[PITCH]  = Y; accADC[YAW]  = Z;}
  #define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] =  X;  gyroADC[PITCH] = Y; gyroADC[YAW] = Z;}
  #define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  =  -Y;  magADC[PITCH]  = X; magADC[YAW]  = Z;}
    #define MS561101BA
    #define BMP085
  #endif
#endif
Note the differences in the ACC and MAG orientation.

Alex is awere of this and a fix is already available in development version of MultiWii. I asked Alex to put out a fixed v1.8 and I hope he can do that!
fax8 is offline Find More Posts by fax8
Old Aug 28, 2011, 03:44 AM
Fabio Varesano
Torino, Italy
Joined Jan 2011
419 Posts
Thank you! Unbelievable success of FreeIMU v0.3.5_MS sale!

Guys, you really blown my mind! We sold 60 FreeIMU v0.3.5_MS in just one afternoon! That's incredible!

I really wanna to thank you all of you who supported the project and bought one (or more) units! It's really incredible to see such huge amount of love for my project! I hope all of you will be satisfied by FreeIMU, if you need any kind of help using your FreeIMU just leave a question on FreeIMU answers page or on this thread.

Of course, I really wanna thanks Jussi Hermansen for taking the risk of financing this batch and for sourcing the various components and sensors. This wouldn't have been possible without his help and guidance! Thanks Jussi!

I also wanna thank all the various supporters of the projects who bought some of the early FreeIMU v0.1, v0.2, v0.3.* prototypes. The success of FreeIMU v0.3.5_MS wouldn't have been possible without your constructive comments and testing.

For those of you who weren't able to get one of the FreeIMUs, you have two possibilities:
  • wait some days, I plan to finish the remaining 35 v0.3.5_MS and 50 v0.3.5_BMP for the 5-11 September week
  • build your own using the open hardware designs available here (let me know if I can help you in the building process)

Thanks!
Last edited by fax8; Aug 28, 2011 at 04:52 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 03:53 AM
Joined Jul 2010
21 Posts
Thanks for the info Fabio, it is much appreciated.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 06:18 AM
Fabio Varesano
Torino, Italy
Joined Jan 2011
419 Posts
Well.. after all this hand assembling your IMUs.. it was time to finally have some good time! My first flights with my quadcopter!

My first quadcopter flights (7 min 1 sec)
Old Aug 28, 2011, 06:40 AM
España, Aragón, Zaragoza
Joined Dec 2006
184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fax8 View Post
Well.. after all this hand assembling your IMUs.. it was time to finally have some good time! My first flights with my quadcopter!
Congratulations.
mgros is offline Find More Posts by mgros
Old Aug 28, 2011, 09:40 AM
Paris, France
Joined Jun 2009
756 Posts
Hi,
I've just uploaded a zip of v1.8 patch 1 which includes this modification
(I've also deleted the v1.8 to avoid confusion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fax8 View Post
@Woozer you just need the following connections

Code:
Arduino    FreeIMU v0.3.5_MS
5V      -> VIN
GND     -> GND
A4      -> SDA
A5      -> SCL
That's it! Remember to disable the internal pullups of your Arduino by commenting out the following line in config.h from MultiWii v1.8
Code:
#define INTERNAL_I2C_PULLUPS
Please note that there is an error in the sensor orientation of FreeIMU v0.3.5_MS in MultiWii v1.8. Fixes for this is already included in the current development version. If you wanna use MultiWii v1.8 code with FreeIMU v0.3.5_MS just change the following code in def.h from:
Code:
  #define ITG3200
  #define BMA180
  #define HMC5883
  #define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  =  -Y; accADC[PITCH]  = X; accADC[YAW]  = Z;}
  #define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  =  X;  magADC[PITCH]  = Y; magADC[YAW]  = Z;}
    #define MS561101BA
    #define BMP085
  #endif
#endif
to the fixed code:
Code:
  #define ITG3200
  #define BMA180
  #define HMC5883
  #define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  =  X; accADC[PITCH]  = Y; accADC[YAW]  = Z;}
  #define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  =  -Y;  magADC[PITCH]  = X; magADC[YAW]  = Z;}
    #define MS561101BA
    #define BMP085
  #endif
#endif
Note the differences in the ACC and MAG orientation.

Alex is awere of this and a fix is already available in development version of MultiWii. I asked Alex to put out a fixed v1.8 and I hope he can do that!
Alexinparis is offline Find More Posts by Alexinparis
Old Aug 28, 2011, 10:06 AM
Fabio Varesano
Torino, Italy
Joined Jan 2011
419 Posts
Ok, thanks a lot Alex!
Old Aug 28, 2011, 10:19 AM
Joined Jul 2010
21 Posts
Nice flying Fabio
Did you follow some PID tuning tutorial?
Old Aug 28, 2011, 10:42 AM
Fabio Varesano
Torino, Italy
Joined Jan 2011
419 Posts
Nope. All of that comes from the experience of my friend jhoexp who helped me with that. The quad was really much more stable after the PID tuning. Unfortunately, I can't still help you much on this.
Last edited by fax8; Aug 28, 2011 at 10:47 AM.