Old Jun 02, 2011, 05:07 AM
Joined Dec 2006
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krikkens View Post
hi,

i took some pictures while i installed the wing servo's

-kristof-
how did you drill the hole for push rod and carbon tube? in particular, how do you make sure it is aligned properly towards the flapperon?

thanks!
noobee is offline Find More Posts by noobee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2011, 05:08 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobee View Post
how did you drill the hole for push rod and carbon tube? in particular, how do you make sure it is aligned properly towards the flapperon?

thanks!
cnc'ed cores with those channels cut in

-kristof-
krikkens is offline Find More Posts by krikkens
Old Jun 02, 2011, 01:24 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,117 Posts
Are they for sale and if so, how much?

Looks really good!!
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Jun 02, 2011, 01:39 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High View Post
Are they for sale and if so, how much?

Looks really good!!
pm send
Old Jun 09, 2011, 06:28 PM
Norway
Joined Nov 2010
198 Posts
is the price being announced? or how to order for those interested?
ChristianAustena is offline Find More Posts by ChristianAustena
Old Jun 09, 2011, 07:45 PM
Kyle Clayton
United States, VA, Dinwiddie
Joined Feb 2008
2,430 Posts
Pm Kristof
Wave Glider is offline Find More Posts by Wave Glider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:48 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,277 Posts
newest disser wing

hi,

some pictures of the newest disser wing , the disser is made on a wooden frame and with a mist of spray glue fixated on the glas.

weight is 123gram

-kristof-
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:14 PM
Kyle Clayton
Joined Feb 2008
2,430 Posts
Is that a different shaped doubler in the middle?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:50 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave Glider View Post
Is that a different shaped doubler in the middle?
kyle,

you mean the spread-tow right?

indeed , because the wing cores have the steerrod channels cnc'ed in i need to cover those up with a stiff skin , for top-drive i have a diffrent solution then for rds

-kristof-
Old Jun 13, 2011, 02:16 PM
Kyle Clayton
Joined Feb 2008
2,430 Posts
Ahhh, that makes since. Looks good as usual! Disser is very clean too.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 13, 2011, 03:16 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,277 Posts
kyle,

indeed my next wing will be a disser like that !

i was affraid i was gonna distort the rovings during lay-up but it wen't well as you can see.

i will building the disser wing shortly cause i crashed my third helios in a few month's , it's the last dlg i fly with spektrum , that's for sure .(3 times complete lock-out )

first 2 were with my "new" dx8 , wich was send back and repaired , had a faulty rx board they said, but i don't thrusted it anymore so i kept flying my 9303 , yesterday i was cirkeling at 100 meter height and same issue .
about a 80 angle to the ground , man it can build up speed , crashed in the woods about 100 meters away , sounded like a three coming down .

expected to find a lot of pieces but amazingly damage was less then expected .
fuselage and electronic's no damage , vertical came loose(side mounted) so that was ok too, horizontal still somewhere in the threes and wing had a lot of damage but repairable .

thinking about getting either an aurora9 or futaba fg8

-kristof-
Old Jun 13, 2011, 05:04 PM
Aurora Builder
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Nov 2003
3,488 Posts
Those wings keep looking better and better!

Go Futaba, I'm flying a clone of their systems and its been problem free. The FG8 is really a 12 channel radio, so very powerful. The aurora9 looks nice but seems bulky (I haven't seen one in person so take that for a grain of salt). It would probably be worth waiting for Futaba's telemetry system before buying anything at this point.

For reference I haven't had any issues with Spektrum DSM2 but my one tough install (UAS) has 2 remote receivers and my other setups (AR6110e and AR7000) are on Trex 450's that don't get much flight time and when they do its no more than 100 feet out usually. None of these aircraft are flown in contest environments where signal strength matters. I was scared enough by reports similar to yours that I went FrSky in my DLG's and don't regret my choice one bit.
samc99us is offline Find More Posts by samc99us
Old Jun 13, 2011, 05:55 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,277 Posts
sam,

i started rc flying heli 3 year's ago , never had a problem but like you said , never fly far away and alway's near my house (so no other tx's)

last crash was in my backyard too so no other tx's either ,i had the 6250 in it tough , but it served well for 2 year's.

probably the futaba is the better choise , judging on the number of people using futaba over hitec , but i read some good things about the aurora

i think the futaba is 200 grams lighter and probably smaller too like you said so for dlg it might be the better choise , well i'll have a good night of sleep over it.

-kristof-

Quote:
Originally Posted by samc99us View Post
Those wings keep looking better and better!

Go Futaba, I'm flying a clone of their systems and its been problem free. The FG8 is really a 12 channel radio, so very powerful. The aurora9 looks nice but seems bulky (I haven't seen one in person so take that for a grain of salt). It would probably be worth waiting for Futaba's telemetry system before buying anything at this point.

For reference I haven't had any issues with Spektrum DSM2 but my one tough install (UAS) has 2 remote receivers and my other setups (AR6110e and AR7000) are on Trex 450's that don't get much flight time and when they do its no more than 100 feet out usually. None of these aircraft are flown in contest environments where signal strength matters. I was scared enough by reports similar to yours that I went FrSky in my DLG's and don't regret my choice one bit.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 06:10 PM
Kyle Clayton
Joined Feb 2008
2,430 Posts
Well I know of 2 Helios's that are happily guided around the sky by a Futaba 8FG I had a lockout on Spek a year ago at a contest that I luckily regained control of, but I didnt wait for the next one to claim a plane, so I jumped ship rather quickly.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:44 PM
United States, SC, Mt Pleasant
Joined Nov 2003
1,195 Posts
Using the 6250 was your issue, the new 6255 has been very reliable. I think you will find that all systems have had issues and that no system is perfect. In fact at the US team trials, we had a good mix of radio systems, the only lockouts i know of were Airtronics but i believe those issues were taken care of. Choose your poison...

James
hohensej is offline Find More Posts by hohensej
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Information