Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan100 View Post
there out of stock
they have been since september
Hi Nathan have you actual phoned them and tried ordering one ? Might get one quicker that way ?
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Last edited by Kris...; Jan 06, 2013 at 01:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:14 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d View Post
I ended up getting an Edge. The only thing I wish it had was a faster roll rate. Going to take off the 14x7 and try a 13x6 aeronaut see if that tightens things up a bit
I did too and it's a stable platform to gain confidence with. I now fly the 60 Edge all the time, and took a pull on the 64 MXS and the 78 Extra last weekend. I really feel like the 48 Edge was the turning point in my learning and confidence. I'm probably going for the 70 EXP next.

As for roll rate, try this...

First, start out level and slow, add aileron, and then increase the speed to full.

Then flying fast and level, and then add aileron.

If the roll rate is faster when you started out slow, it's your servos, not the prop.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:33 PM
Honeybadger don't care...
Orlando, FL
Joined May 2010
1,774 Posts
Honestly, Manta, I'm not sure. I think what it does- is note my email address, then send a notification to that email address whenever the Blog is updated. To me, it looks like an email notification in a folder called RSS- and Doc's blog is just a directory. If you want to know how to do it- I could talk you through it, I think. PM me- unless it's beneficial for the group- then I can post it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
hey,so how does rss feed work?
Luv3d is online now Find More Posts by Luv3d
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:51 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv3d View Post
Honestly, Manta, I'm not sure. I think what it does- is note my email address, then send a notification to that email address whenever the Blog is updated. To me, it looks like an email notification in a folder called RSS- and Doc's blog is just a directory. If you want to know how to do it- I could talk you through it, I think. PM me- unless it's beneficial for the group- then I can post it here.
cool man I got Doc's blogs bookmarked and try to keep up with most of his stuff anyhow. I just remembered seeing rss feed links in the past and never really understood em.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:41 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
cool man I got Doc's blogs bookmarked and try to keep up with most of his stuff anyhow.
You just need to get your ass in the truck and get down here. Bring Powerline's Edge so we can finish killing it.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:26 PM
fly low, fly fast, fly 3d
United Kingdom, England, Luton
Joined Dec 2011
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
Hi Nathan have you actual phoned them and tried ordering one ? Might get one quicker that way ?
hi kris i got mine form slough rc looks like i got the last in the country i looked when i got it and every where has said no stock
still no stock since september
nathan100 is offline Find More Posts by nathan100
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:41 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2008
3,685 Posts
Thought I would share a pic of our best planes in the hangar! Of course this was before Hunters accident.
bigmoebbq is online now Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:01 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,453 Posts
really cool
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:04 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,558 Posts
Awesome looking planes!
Sucks about Hunter's. I hate it when that happens!
Really liked those graphics, too. Very nice.

They all have expiration dates though. More often than not it's our own fault.
I watched helplessly as a gorgeous Hangar9 Beast w/DA120 spiraled into our treetops yesterday from about 100'.
Outstanding pilot at the sticks, too, and doing a maneuver he's done a bazillion times before.
I think he just encountered an orientation problem against the dark gray sky and just never got it back.
(Been there and done that... but it's usually the sun that gets me out of whack)
C_Watkins is offline Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:45 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
You just need to get your ass in the truck and get down here. Bring Powerline's Edge so we can finish killing it.
No kidding! Dang that was fun. Ive not flown his plane that hard since. He doesnt really let me have the sticks to it as much anymore heheheh
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:08 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,912 Posts
So what is the consensus on No Spark Arming systems for Deans Connectors on 6s systems?

Do you guys use them?
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:17 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,857 Posts
Good idea. The spark will eventually mean you'll need to replace any type of connector. I just don't use them yet. I actually bought no-spark 5.5mm bullets, but I then switched to 6.5mm bullets on all the 5S 5000 batteries when I went to 10S setups in the EF 78 with the A60, and the 50cc size Extra 300 with the Q80. I'm still planning on doing something but I'm not sure what option I'll end up with. There are no fewer than three that I know of and two add either weight or just another potential point of failure.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:22 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
So what is the consensus on No Spark Arming systems for Deans Connectors on 6s systems?

Do you guys use them?
The switch isn't enough to protect the radio? I only ask because i honestly don't know.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:27 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,857 Posts
The real issue is the connectors themselves. Both the Deans and the bulltets I use spark, and this will eventually wear out the connector. 10S and 12S make a nice crack compared to the 4S setups. These are the ones I bought in 5.5mm and I'm thinking about the 8mm now that I went to higher voltage setups with bigger gauge wire. This is less of a failure point and only means that after you connect the batteries, the one wire to the ESC will need to be connected as well to complete the circuit.

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-afc-...-8mm-300a.aspx
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:07 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
For those of you who can't decide which EXP to get, here's your guide...........

One thing I think the mxs never gets credit for is its stability in harrier. Its the one that I learned with and I believe brian also did to. Most of the planes all fly close to the same but push them to the limit and you start to find to the differences but the differences you posted are it. No vanq

Also I finally got out to fly my mxs today, haven't been able to fly in over a month I believe. Nothing beats the real thing, I've tried to do the sim but I just can't get used to it.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz