HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:46 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,607 Posts
Esc is as far back as possible. It is just above LG plate.

Yes I saw Hinson suggest that. Guess I should try
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:47 PM
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
3,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
Hey, sorry
Enough said man, We're good!

Love the pics of the 91"
I've had that film come up before. I tried ironing it back on but it didn't work that great. I think since you have a roll of clear just peel the film off and iron a strip of your clear right back over it. easy peazy
Liberty10 is online now Find More Posts by Liberty10
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:02 PM
Yin & Yang
Joined Jul 2011
3,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
Interesting the KE mix topic came up. I came back from field puzzled today. I have found not much need for mix on EXP models that have absolutely neutral CG
But on my 64 MXS I have slightly nose heavy CG Partly cause I can not go any further back with lipo and partly cause I am trying to get better at precision.
Chris Hinson says he sets his up line this?
Anyway I love how it flies in all ways. But I gave to add some aileron and some elevator mix for KE. No real problem.
But I noticed today that although it tracks perfectly in normal KE , when I go to add more rudder for high alpha KE or for KE loop I get some wonky stuff going on. The mixes seem to cause problems at that point.

Is there a way around this with the A9 or any other radio?
Is it unreasonable to expect HA KE to improve with neutral CG and no mix?
Any other thoughts?

Hinson can you comment?
Not sure if your using a separate rx battery or not but I added small trey right under the pilot at the rear of the canopy for my rx battery. With that and the ESC straddling the first former I could get tail heavy a bit now if not careful.

Beautiful day today and yet I still can't fly for the 3rd weekend in a row.
I'm really bummed about it. Got a damn eye infection and the pressure has made my distance vision way too blurry to fly. Driving is just barely doable. It has actually starting to get better the last few days so hopefully in another week the blurry will go away enough at least to fly some. Since the University closes for the holidays I'm off for 10 days after next Friday so I'm really being diligent with the docs orders. I waited too long to go to the doc or it would be gone by now. stupidme
And yet another lesson learned
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:02 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
So uh maybe you guys can help me out with my laser then, i run a pretty unconvential setup with a motrofly 3615, 5s, and an 85mg out back. The 5s weighs the same as the 4s gens ace and I balance behind the tube. No up or down trim on it and it maintains a a 45 degree upline.

but yeah one side has a huge amount up mix to it, I asked about it awhile back and people said it happens. So I've been flying with it ever since.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:15 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,345 Posts
My EXP Xmass Tree..
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:24 PM
Yin & Yang
Joined Jul 2011
3,590 Posts
A little more info stgdz
what are you mixes. R Rudder up or down elev. L Rudd up or down elev. and how much on each. Please don't be insulted but Are you sure you don't have another mix turned on?. In the 45 deg up line was that inverted it maintains the up line angle?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:26 PM
Yin & Yang
Joined Jul 2011
3,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
My EXP Xmass Tree..
On the one hand that looks cool on the other it's a bit sad
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:34 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10 View Post
On the one hand that looks cool on the other it's a bit sad
Mechanical failure

That's why I put its replacement in the pick... Look at the bright side I have a pile of extra parts! brand-new, wings, wingtips, SFg's ,and landing gear, all Still in the packages..

It affords me the luxury to, Flying it like I stole it..
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:47 PM
Yin & Yang
Joined Jul 2011
3,590 Posts
That's a great attitude Ducati,
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:52 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,349 Posts
The yellow MXS is the [some really expensive sports car of your choice] of 3D planes.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:48 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
The tests on that site were done with the XPS module on the Aurora 9.
To be fair though as someone pointed out earlier the tests were all done in helicopter 'eCCPM' mixing. This puts a high load on the processor in the Tx. While the test is stall a valid comparison because all Tx's were in eCCPM it's perfectly possible that the differences in latency would be much less if the radios were is fixed wing mode. It could be that the 'problem' with the Aurora 9 is a slow processor that gets bogged down with complex mixing but copes better with simple fixes wing settings?.. who knows?
I'm no radio wiz,but i believe the latency comes in the A9 rx's because of the way telemetry is integrated into the rx software. It is not separate somehow so it slows it a little bit.. Mind you we are talking about fractions of a second.. But I and 2 other pilots who are actually good pilots,not just my dumb butt, flew back to back on the hitec module and rx,then landed,swapped out the hitec module and rx for xps module and rx,then flew again back to back and the difference was definatley noticeable.. i will have to disagree with OZ on my radio feeling like a dx8. My A9 to me feels identical to the futaba 8fg radio to me. The dx8 is "mushier" to me for the lack of a better term. Not bad,mind you,I just dont trust spectrum anymore. But i think that difference is more of how the radios handle their expo programs. i think their latency is close to each other in that respect.
However,programming ease goes to the A9. Theres nern arguing that.
All this BS being said,fly what ya like and fly often. Thats the best radio.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:36 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
Nice cant wait to see your flight pics! Love that backdrop.. I'm using one of your MXS shots as my Facebook background.
Man, I'm getting old, and I don't use facebook...I can't for the life of me remember any MXS photos that I took that would deserve such an honor...think you might be yanking my chain now.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:37 PM
Yin & Yang
Joined Jul 2011
3,590 Posts
Might be talking about when you tried to shave with the prop
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:47 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,445 Posts
My partners MXS on full-size Dubro skis... I was teasing him about the color, but it is what he had on hand. The size is perfect for the plane and handled weight awesome.
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355640428.673051.jpg
Views: 49
Size: 120.5 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355640439.101407.jpg
Views: 56
Size: 137.8 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355640450.200242.jpg
Views: 48
Size: 124.4 KB
Description:
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member