HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:34 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
I have no issue with my A9... When I tell it to do something it does it. I'm probably gonna get ripped for this but unless your Daniel or someone of his class, my Opinion is it isn't going to make you a better pilot. I tried to see if there was a delay after I heard about these latency issues, can't even notice a delay what so ever. If you want to make a difference... buy some HV servos that are faster and stronger. Now that's a noticeable difference that will make you a better pilot.
Yep.. i was singing the same song.... I'm not kidding when I tell you it is going to make you a better pilot.

It doesn't matter how fast you're servos are,if the signals getting there late.

But just like IRG let me learn the hard way, I'm not here to push anybody in any direction..just giving you the information that I Experienced firsthand.

I haven't even flown my MXs, or 78" extra on high-speed mode yet. All of my experience is with standard mode and analog servos..
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Dec 14, 2012 at 07:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:34 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,642 Posts
Not here to bash any system also, he is sponsored by them isn't he. I switched from futaba this spring solely because of the lack of telemetry... There is a good chance I will switch back after I could afford one of there 14sg systems. Been a happy futaba user for 15 years.
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:38 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
wow, the search for this took me back to the days of Stoned Doggie before he became Skarface.

check this out. latency figures.
Cool. Thanks. Regarding spektrum, it's complicated. Turns out the 11ms frame rate, which I think benefits latency, is only available ... well I'll just quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
The 11ms is for the receiver ports, not for the functional channel names.

This is where channel mapping can help you.

First, select the appropriate wing/tail types.

If you are going to do any mixes to the second elevator (LEL) or the rudder do them NOW. Even if it's just a place-holder that you fill in later. After you move a channel you cannot create a new mix to it, but you can edit the parameters of an existing mix. We're working on that ...

Next, go into Channel Assignment and move the rudder somewhere else, then move the Left Elevator to the RUDD port (this is on the Rx Port Assignment page).

Now your elevator halves will both be 11ms, and your ailerons (which are on AILE and AUX1 ports) will also be. Your rudder will be 22ms.

If you go back to the Aircraft Type screen after doing a map, it will UN-MAP (this is an easy way to recover from user confusion).

Andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
It's not the receiver, it's the protocols which it supports.

DSM2 comes in 11ms and 22ms flavors. DSM2/11 is 2048, DSM2/22 is 1024.

DSMX comes in 11 and 22 also, but it's always 2048.

In 11ms mode, the tx determines which receiver slots are 11ms. Its choices are AILE + ELEV + AUX1 or AILE + ELEV + AUX1 + RUDD. We only support +RUDD in the DX10t, DX18, and DX18QQ.

Any receiver that does 11ms will do all 4 channels with these three txs, and 3 channels with all other 11ms tx's.

Think of it as an extra bonus feature with the higher transmitters.

Andy

Which, while I appreciate Andy's candor and enthusism, irks me. Pain in my case for a dual aileron dual elevator single rudder plane.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:43 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
All I know is...no more latency blues for me! . You can't argue with "locked in".. If anything, flying with the A9 made me a better pilot, because I was working with a crutch.. It almost feels too easy now?

I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but it is the truth..

Kind of like..how I thought I liked my wife, Until I divorced her and I got a girlfriend.. Then I realized I didn't like my wife at all..
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Dec 14, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:47 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
am i reading those charts wrong or does the airtronics sd10 seem to be even better than the futaba.
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:04 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
All I know is...no more latency blues for me! . You can't argue with "locked in".. If anything, flying with the A9 made me a better pilot, because I was working with a crutch.. It almost feels too easy now?

I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but it is the truth..

Kind of like..how I thought I liked my wife, Until I divorced her and I got a girlfriend.. Then I realized I didn't like my wife at all..
I can disagree with your "locked in feel" for me, because I have experience with the fasst system too and when I switched... I can tell you the truth that it did't make me any less locked in or a worse pilot. I don't want to disregard your assessment though... as you seem happy and looks like you are more "locked in". Don't get me wrong I have my issues with the A9.... like lack of satellites or s-bus for flybarless helis. But the latency issues for sure is nil for me.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:11 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
That's cool to each his own. Like I said I was fighting for the A9 just last week! I was more than happy with it.. Sometimes exposure changes your perspective.Myself and a few others just had a similar experience, When we made the jump..thought we would share
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:28 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,822 Posts
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:31 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4,642 Posts
LOL... good one doc.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:32 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
am i reading those charts wrong or does the airtronics sd10 seem to be even better than the futaba.
no your reading it right. people that ive talked to love the sd10 but it is more $$$$

i think when i get my taxes im gonna buy a 8fg or the new 14 channel and if i like it better than my dx8 ill sell it.
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:32 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,227 Posts
I guess I'll never be a great pilot with my super slow A9

To be honest i'd rather know my flight pack voltage than have slightly less latency. If I were getting a radio today id still get the A9.
hone1er is offline Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:34 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
i'm wanting to go with the 14sg. i really don't care about flight pack voltage. to be honest, i'm not good enough at flying yet to take my eyes off the plane and try to read voltage. if i did that, i wouldn't have a need to know it because my plane would be fire wood. a good timer is what i need.
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:35 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4,642 Posts
You are a great pilot with that A9

Love knowing what is left in the gas tank without having to add modules.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:37 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
pretty good discussion here, titled "radio wars"

http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread...io-Wars-Part-2
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:39 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
i'm wanting to go with the 14sg. i really don't care about flight pack voltage. to be honest, i'm not good enough at flying yet to take my eyes off the plane and try to read voltage. if i did that, i wouldn't have a need to know it because my plane would be fire wood. a good timer is what i need.
There is an alarm that you can set to go off at a set voltage or you can get the voice module that can give you an audible reading so often.

The a9 used to have timer issues but they fixed that
hone1er is offline Find More Posts by hone1er