HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:05 PM
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
3,709 Posts
The epoxy you can use for installing control horns but you don't have to. Medium CA works pretty well. The silicon based glue you only need a dab of when you put the wheel pants on. It is there to keep them from spinning but only a dab. If they get hit the glue will let them spin minimizing damage or preventing it altogether.

If you already have the servos then your good. However I switched my elevator servo from the HS 65 to the Savox sh-0255mg instead of the HS 85 because it's the same size as the 65s but with plenty of torque and digital to boot. If you find those light gauge extension let me know where I never did find them. Mine are 26 awg
Liberty10 is online now Find More Posts by Liberty10
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:10 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
That's why I hate to say..
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:40 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,397 Posts
Why you hating on hitec?
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:47 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,648 Posts
because their vanguard radio, despite being very easy to program and overall very nice in a number of ways, is tragically slow.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:52 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
Grab a couple of killer flights on my lunch break today the more I fly the laser the more I love it! Now that I'm using a futaba eight FG super, I feel more locked in than ever! I hate to say it, but that Hitech A9 was definitely holding me back..
i was hope'n to at least put a 8fg in my hands but the hobby shop i went to didnt have them in stock. only had dx8 , which i really liike but i would like to try out a 8fg.
wedoitall is online now Find More Posts by wedoitall
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:54 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,154 Posts
8FG is so sweet, stick it out.
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:00 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
because their vanguard radio, despite being very easy to program and overall very nice in a number of ways, is tragically slow.
Are we talking latency here?

Spektrum has 11ms frame rates, which some people dismiss as a gimic, and others dismiss as having no relation to latency, but I just found out it there are some strange exceptions and consequences of this. Annoying.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:05 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,720 Posts
I wish I could try the new 8FG. Would love to AB with my A9 which is the best radio by far that i have ever had. Kind of sux that you have to just buy a new radio and a bunck of RX's just to SEE if you like it better....

Also, sux that if I were to switch I would need new RX's again. I left the Futaba Fasst system to go Hitec. Now I will have to turn around and re-buy a bunch of Fasst RX's
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:05 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post

Spektrum has 11ms frame rates, which some people dismiss as a gimic, and others dismiss as having no relation to latency, but I just found out it there are some strange exceptions and consequences of this. Annoying.
Honestly I argued this with IRG left and right while I was flying A9, but after one flight with my laser(with 8fgs)),a plane that I had flown a hundred times before(A9) I was more comfortable than ever!

It has to do with the resolution being much greater, Less latency ,and the expo being a ton smoother! Honestly they're not even in the same league.

I can admit, I was wrong!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:06 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,648 Posts
yep, latency. I'm not sure how frame rate relates, but as I remember the DX8 has relatively low latency. the dx6i is ridiculous and I believe the A9 is actually close to the 6i's latency levels.

let me see if I can find the numbers for you, LW.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:15 PM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Apr 2012
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10 View Post
Thanks Liberty! Exactly what I needed!
TheMagician007 is offline Find More Posts by TheMagician007
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:24 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post

wow, the search for this took me back to the days of Stoned Doggie before he became Skarface.

check this out. latency figures.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:27 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,549 Posts
I have no issue with my A9... When I tell it to do something it does it. I'm probably gonna get ripped for this but unless your Daniel or someone of his class, my Opinion is it isn't going to make you a better pilot. I tried to see if there was a delay after I heard about these latency issues, can't even notice a delay what so ever. If you want to make a difference... buy some HV servos that are faster and stronger. Now that's a noticeable difference that will make you a better pilot.
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:30 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
I have no issue with my A9... When I tell it to do something it does it. I'm probably gonna get ripped for this but unless your Daniel or someone of his class, my Opinion is it isn't going to make you a better pilot. I tried to see if there was a delay after I heard about these latency issues, can't even notice a delay what so ever. If you want to make a difference... buy some HV servos that are faster and stronger. Now that's a noticeable difference that will make you a better pilot.
I totally understand your point and I'm not out to convince anyone of anything. one of the statements that changed my perspective was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Not here to bash any system. But we did a lot of testing. And it left us with an obvious answer. I could even tell which plane system was being flown by just watching, others could too. If your expecting your mind to adjust to latency then why do you keep buying the latest PC gear and internet connection equipment. Cause you really don't enjoy latency. Some radios are fine for flying in circles, and knowing how high your plane is sounds cool. But when your torque rolling on the deck, all the bells and whistles and ease of programming won't keep your plane from going smack into the ground. It's reaction time (latency), which means--From the time your eyes see what needs to be done to the time the control surface moves. In all cases, once you make the input on the stick your brain choose, you need the servo to move ASAP. Right now ASAP really means FASST.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:32 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,720 Posts
I tend to agree Bryan. But I sure SEEM to notice a lag in throttle. Although it may be that the speed of sound just makes it SEEM like a lag????
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC