Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:39 AM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
exactly, never going to happen
Still off topic for a second!Don't knock it til you try it that Dynam is an amazing little foamie. Tracking so nice I actually practice some IMAC with it! For $160 delivered and a couple hours of tweaking its been my best bang for buck so far (8 planes in less than a year). Ok. Back to balsa.
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:29 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
chris did
So did my wife when we first met

Quote:
exactly, never going to happen
Almost a direct quote there.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:25 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,914 Posts
Quote:
hey, whats that dynam pitts doing in there
Hovering.(sorry,can't help myself sometimes)
jetinteriorguy is online now Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:53 AM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Oh its nose heavy in flight. I maiden it today. It flys great! More testing to come for sure
Hey Matt - Good to see you in those side of the world. Have fun man looking forward to some nice video from you.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:01 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
Still off topic for a second!Don't knock it til you try it that Dynam is an amazing little foamie. Tracking so nice I actually practice some IMAC with it! For $160 delivered and a couple hours of tweaking its been my best bang for buck so far (8 planes in less than a year). Ok. Back to balsa.
had one, it flew fine, but in-consistent, needed to be re trimmed every flight, but ya a fun plane for $120 to my door
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:14 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Two broken props, one busted lg, about four close calls, and one near miss with myself. yeah i called a day.

All airframes were fine though.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:56 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,447 Posts
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:31 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Two broken props, one busted lg, about four close calls, and one near miss with myself. yeah i called a day.

All airframes were fine though.
Too bad, but at least the damages were relatively minor. Looked to be a nice day for flying today.

I was honored to be one of the men to carry my grandfather to his final resting place. Arguably, he was one of my earliest influences into RC, in that he taught me how to build a rubber band powered plywood paddle boat. Grandpa always worked, never raised his voice, led by example. An all around good guy.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:31 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Put them on the edge
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:41 PM
lost in the addiction of flyin
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
Too bad, but at least the damages were relatively minor. Looked to be a nice day for flying today.

I was honored to be one of the men to carry my grandfather to his final resting place. Arguably, he was one of my earliest influences into RC, in that he taught me how to build a rubber band powered plywood paddle boat. Grandpa always worked, never raised his voice, led by example. An all around good guy.
sorry for your loss, but i love the image you painted of him. nice tribute to him.

i wish everyone had memories like that of loved ones lost, not everyone is as fortunate that way. thats how i remember my grandpa, and i wouldnt want it any other way.
furballll is offline Find More Posts by furballll
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:20 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,240 Posts
Amen, brother.... All the men in my family, father, uncles, grandfathers, played a major role in my life and were all quiet, hard working, loving men. My grandfather came to this country and one of his first jobs was as an Ensign in the US Navy during WWI. Saw action in two more wars, WWII and Korea. I was also honored to be in D.C. when my Uncle was buried in Arlington just last year. A quiet warrior who never spoke of his accomplishments in his service to our Nation. Not everyone gets to spend eternity in that company. My father was with in the 505th Bombardment Group on Tinian flying B-29s over Japan. They never told stories of their past service, or felt entitled for any reason. I was 15 the last time I stretched wet yellow silk over a built-up Goldberg wing with my father.... All gone now, but not forgotten. We owe a debt or gratitude to those two generations, for sure.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:42 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
funny you guys should mention that, we got done spreading my grandfathers ashes last month down by the trolley tracks. The man spent half his life working on restoring the trolleys.

The time we had with him though he showed us his model train creations. He had an entire circle created in the basement and a bridge that the grandkids could walk under. It was so cool and it got me into train hobbies. Of course I wanted to go fast all the time and grandphas reaction was when he saw me try race some trains around his scale track. Anyways, I got more interested in the other side of the hobby shop with the boats, the cars and the model airplanes.

Man some of the memories of those hobby shops and seeing the new carl goldberg and great planes models every year was so exciting for that teenager.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:18 PM
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
3,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post

My Condolences LW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
Amen, brother.... All the men in my family, father, uncles, grandfathers, played a major role in my life and were all quiet, hard working, loving men. My grandfather came to this country and one of his first jobs was as an Ensign in the US Navy during WWI. Saw action in two more wars, WWII and Korea. I was also honored to be in D.C. when my Uncle was buried in Arlington just last year. A quiet warrior who never spoke of his accomplishments in his service to our Nation. Not everyone gets to spend eternity in that company. My father was with in the 505th Bombardment Group on Tinian flying B-29s over Japan. They never told stories of their past service, or felt entitled for any reason. I was 15 the last time I stretched wet yellow silk over a built-up Goldberg wing with my father.... All gone now, but not forgotten. We owe a debt or gratitude to those two generations, for sure.
I have an Uncle that's been in Arlington for 14 years (Korea & Vietnam multiple tours) and my aunt joined him last year. My dad was eligible (Marines WWII South Pacific) but my mother was his second wife and couldn't be interned with him so they're both in National Memorial in Falls Church. The Marines are cool though. I made 1 phone call to a local marine post. The man asked my dads full name and when he served. He contacted the right people and the funeral home let us know later the same day that the marines would be at the cemetery to carry him to his resting place. They had three men on the hill and they fired 3 rounds. It was a strangely proud moment for me....
Liberty10 is offline Find More Posts by Liberty10
Last edited by Liberty10; Oct 27, 2012 at 11:41 PM.