HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:31 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,440 Posts
Also, any bipes in the works? One that takes the new 4016t mkII motor.

Although transporting a bipe is a pain...
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:32 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
Also, any bipes in the works? One that takes the new 4016t mkII motor.

Although transporting a bipe is a pain...
no bipes, Chris is pretty firm on that one
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:35 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,440 Posts
where did you hear that?

sells the outlaw....a bipe shouldn't be a big deal.

I would like to see one based off of Skip Stewart's scheme, but black ultracote is a pain in my neck of the woods at least.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:43 PM
Joined Mar 2011
4,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
No bipe in the works, sorry.
Quote:
I've flown so many bipes trying to find one that came close to the performance of a monoplane without requiring numerous mixes to overcome the ridiculous roll and pitch coupling. I'm convinced it doesn't exist. We had a 50cc Ultimate prototype that was heavily modified about 8 years ago. I tweaked and tweaked and finally gave up in frustration.

This
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:49 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,555 Posts
Quote:
Also it is possible we will see the 60" Laser by Christmas. I'm not holding my breath, but it is possible.
You're killin me.
My wife finally stopped asking "another one?" but my 10yr old thinks I need an intervention, as it is now.
C_Watkins is offline Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:03 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
This
Thanks...that is too bad, though. My Pitts from e-flite was a lot of fun to fly and didn't have any coupling during knife edges that I can remember....but I flew it like a sport plane with extreme throws for tumbling, and wasn't very experienced, didn't try to harrier and couldn't hover....I may have to rebuild it this winter to see what I think of it...I had 5085mgs all around, which may have helped. It suffered minor damage when i got blown into a tree on a slow final on a windy day, and I have never gotten around to rebuilding it. I'd toss it if EF had a similarly sized bipe, though.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:21 AM
Don't worry be happy :)
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
Think outside the box. The Vyper Bype from 3DHS looks great and utilities HS-85 servos.
Stark is offline Find More Posts by Stark
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:39 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
My Pitts from e-flite was a lot of fun to fly and didn't have any coupling during knife edges that I can remember.....
Sorry to say but that is not possible...
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:20 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,819 Posts
I posted this on the Laser thread, but i think anyone flying a 48" EXP might find this interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
I gave them another chance after I saw what they did on the big MXS. I didn't like them on that plane because it tamed it down too much for my tastes. Still, they looked so awesome that I wanted to make them work, and I was hoping the effect would not be as pronounced on the 48s.

The most obvious change is the roll rate slows down. This is ok because I don't go around with the stick pegged over anyway, and it is still so fast that I can't keep up with it at full deflection for more than two or three rotations. Also, the timing changes on snap manuevers and pop tops become very lazy.

The improvement is in high speed stability. the tips seem to really lock the plane in and precision work is greatly improved. Slow and point rolls become much more solid and precise, especially now that I am getting used to using my low rate. KE flight seem unaffected and it seems that harrier and elevator maneuvers may be a little better, but it's not enough that it jumps out at you. Some of it may also be psychological too, which is why I am going to make this an extended test and leave them on my blue Extra for awhile.

KE spin changes a little. It will throw the tail over the nose about the same as before, but you have to be a little more careful on entry, and it doesn't just drop in effortlessly like it does without the tips.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:40 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
I forced my self to run the tips,because I love the way they look, and now I get it! There great, and do help to slow your rollers a hair. Something about the black bottom that helps me also! I'm controlling the direction of my Rolling harriers better with this MXS, because I see the bottom, and know when to Pop the down elevator a hair harder, even doing Riffle rollers.

I try to learn new things between videos. I find this keeps people interested. I haven't made one in a few month, and I'm looking forward to filming a 64" MXS video with my new Iphone5.. The camera, and processor are amazing!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Oct 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:44 AM
Joined Nov 2011
8,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
Sorry to say but that is not possible...
It's possible I remember wrong. . . but I didn't have any mixes programmed, that's for sure, and I've flown monoplanes that don't KE as well as the pitts...(E.g., the T-28 lol).

Don't get me wrong, I do not recommend the Pitts...other issues and design flaws, e.g., battery hatch not available for purchase individually, aileron to aileron wood control horns too weak, etc.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:02 AM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,875 Posts
I try to learn new things between videos. I find this keeps people interested. I haven't made one in a few month, and I'm looking forward to filming a 64" MXS video with my new Iphone5.. The camera, and processor are amazing!

I have an iPhone coming in a few weeks, had to order it. I hope the vid quality is good! I have a Sony Bloggie that takes good 12mp pictures but the vid is only so so.
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:05 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Lwrc, what was the shipping cost on the 60" planes to man for you?
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:00 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Lwrc, what was the shipping cost on the 60" planes to man for you?
That Pantera money burning a hole in your pocket?
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Mar 2011
4,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
I posted this on the Laser thread, but i think anyone flying a 48" EXP might find this interesting.
are you talking about the sfg's or speed tips?