HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:15 PM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,781 Posts
I can also personally recommend Bad Brad graphics, he does custom stuff and did the "Oakley" for me just how I wanted.
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:17 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon View Post
Nope, those were on there when I bought it, I am almost positive they are from B&E graphics.

http://www.bandegraphix.com/decal-pa...xtreme-flight/

They are awesome and you can customize what you want and Eric does different sizes also.

He also did these flames for me for my 104, I designed it myself and he cut it for me!
THX Yes those flames are impressive!
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:20 PM
Joined Sep 2003
2,781 Posts
Thanks! Just give him a call if you want something. The website is also fantastic because you can design all kinds of colors and such... fonts.... all kinds of stuff.

The "air release" is also totally worth it!
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:21 PM
Joined Sep 2003
2,781 Posts
Hey my sister lives in Ocean Isle Beach about 90 minutes from you--I might have to come hang while you fly sometime when I visit next.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:44 PM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
6,312 Posts
Quote:
Hey my sister lives in Ocean Isle Beach about 90 minutes from you--I might have to come hang while you fly sometime when I visit next.
Oh yeah, Absolutely! Give me a holler and we can hook up somehow!
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:01 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,549 Posts
Quote:
I can also personally recommend Bad Brad graphics, he does custom stuff and did the "Oakley" for me just how I wanted.
+1 I have ordered from him a few times and he rocks! Great product and great service.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:22 AM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,638 Posts
Well I finally ordered my 50cc size plane.

Ended up not getting the EF edge or EF extra but Pilot RC Sbach.

Couldn't justify the extra freight ($90 versus $300) between the two kits. They even come out of the same town to my door.

I'll wait till the 91" extra hits the shores and make the road trip to pick one up I guess.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:47 AM
Fly til dark
United States, IN, Bourbon
Joined Nov 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
I like the Edge 540 vinyl. Where'd you get that?
If you want anything done please check out s8graphix. I have been working with Santi and he has had by far the best customer service that I have ran into. If you check out his page on rcgroups you will see he did the Chicago skyline on. It is pretty sweet. His user id is UCDme3D and his email is santi@s8graphix.com

He has done 3 designs for me and the vinyl is top notch and great quality.
jfuller1250 is offline Find More Posts by jfuller1250
Last edited by jfuller1250; Oct 03, 2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:12 AM
Joined Sep 2008
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
Well I finally ordered my 50cc size plane.

Ended up not getting the EF edge or EF extra but Pilot RC Sbach.

Couldn't justify the extra freight ($90 versus $300) between the two kits. They even come out of the same town to my door.

I'll wait till the 91" extra hits the shores and make the road trip to pick one up I guess.
I hope you have better luck with the 50cc version of this plane than I have had with the 30cc version. The Pilot RC 30cc Sbach has a pretty high wing loading compared to the EF Extra 300 78" 30cc version. The EF plane in this size has 20% more wing area than my Sbach. The Sbach "feels" heavy.
DonEmmel is offline Find More Posts by DonEmmel
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:45 AM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,638 Posts
I've heard that.

The 30cc size planes are a bit of hit and miss over all. The 78" extra is a lot bigger than say the 71" slick etc though.

A couple of guys I know have the 50cc Sbach and its a very light flyer.

Don't worry EF will be back in my hanger in this size sometime next year once the 91" extra hits our sunny shores.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:06 AM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
6,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfuller1250 View Post
If you like the red bull stuff or want anything done please check out s8graphix. I have been working with Santi and he has had by far the best customer service that I have ran into. If you check out his page on rcgroups you will see the red bull plane that he did and also the slick he put the Chicago skyline on. It is pretty sweet. His user id is UCDme3D and his email is santi@s8graphix.com

Ooh, That sky line is pretty cool!
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:23 AM
Santi
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfuller1250 View Post
If you like the red bull stuff or want anything done please check out s8graphix. I have been working with Santi and he has had by far the best customer service that I have ran into. If you check out his page on rcgroups you will see the red bull plane that he did and also the slick he put the Chicago skyline on. It is pretty sweet. His user id is UCDme3D and his email is santi@s8graphix.com

That red bull plane was my personal edge, but no we are not allowed to sell red bull's logo. They don't like that very much! I do like the Oakley graphics, I actually have an Oakley slick as well! Very nice!
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:58 AM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,593 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349269085.801507.jpg
Views: 60
Size: 138.0 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349269101.714142.jpg
Views: 63
Size: 116.2 KB
Description:
Bye bye 60 edge, very sad to see this go, very much enjoyed the stable 3d of the Ef edge, I just wanted bigger! The 60 is on its way to a good home in New Mexico!
First pic is the inherited 70" slick and the new 71 behind it.
Next pic is my 51" slick.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:28 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
Attachment 5203814Attachment 5203820
Bye bye 60 edge, very sad to see this go, very much enjoyed the stable 3d of the Ef edge, I just wanted bigger! The 60 is on its way to a good home in New Mexico!
First pic is the inherited 70" slick and the new 71 behind it.
Next pic is my 51" slick.

Why don't you go post some futaba photos on the DX18 thread?

I'm sticking with B&E.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:53 AM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
Why don't you go post some futaba photos on the DX18 thread?

I'm sticking with B&E.
Judging by the hostility, I apologize if I offended anybody by posting a picture with a different brand plane in it, that was not my intention at all , I'm small fish- no affiliation here, a picture of my Extreme Flight edge was already posted, didn't want to double post, i also mentioned how much i will miss my ef edge, I just shipped it yesterday . If i could afford the 88 edge from extreme flight, i would probably want that too! My posts are just in response jfuller and the Oakley post above.
B&E and bad brad do really nice work as well! Before I started cutting, I actually used bad brad! Great guy. Don't know if you noticed, but the vinyl shown above isn't all on EF planes either, please don't try and pin me in forum brand war drama, you have the freedom to chose any vinyl maker you want! Since a picture of my skyline sketch was posted I thought I would follow up with a post of the actual vinyl. Just happened to be on a different brand. For the record, I absolutely love both Extreme Flight and 3dhs, and if you look back at what I've flown you'll see I've equally owned both.

If it helps, lonewolf, we can backup, the topic that turned into a vinyl conversation I believe stemmed from people moddifying their blue and yellow edges with custom vinyl. On this frame I do recommend putting something on there to help it pop in the sky. This particular scheme can be tough to see in certain light. Regardless of what you go with, it doesn't change the fact that the 60 edge is a stable 3d machine!
Last edited by DaaBears; Oct 03, 2012 at 09:17 AM.