HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:44 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
learning 3d you probly want the edge.for high alpha stuff,using that plane is cheating it is so good
Get better soon buddy. Looking forward to seeing you again at SEFF 2013!
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:57 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Yeah, buddy. That stuff is magic.
Does it dissolve it or do I have to scrape it off?
Will it work on hinges?

Regarding learning 3d flight. I think any of the exps will work. Hell I learned harrier on an mxs, just practice practice practice.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:00 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,494 Posts
Will Team Extreme be attending HAEFFI this year?

@Everybody~ I am on the fence on whether I like the yellow or green MXS, which do you all prefer?
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:02 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Does it (Super Solvent) dissolve it or do I have to scrape it off?
On covering it turns dried CA into a gel you can wipe off. It does smear it around a little, but a couple of applications gets it right off.

Quote:
Will it work on hinges?
It softens it up so you can drive a blade in there a lot easier, but you have to work slowly. I am not sure what's in the stuff, so residue might not let the new CA bond.

I think I am going to the local speed shop and see if I can get a pint of nitromethane. Everyone seems to think that's the best solution, so I'll give it a shot.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:08 AM
Leeds/Bradford Leeds, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jun 2003
1,556 Posts
Thank you, looks like the Edge then
glenbees is offline Find More Posts by glenbees
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:16 AM
fly low, fly fast, fly 3d
United Kingdom, England, Luton
Joined Dec 2011
564 Posts
just a little question would extreme flight think about making a team extreme uk
nathan100 is offline Find More Posts by nathan100
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:22 AM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
learning 3d you probly want the edge.for high alpha stuff,using that plane is cheating it is so good
Yep... I flew the 60 Edge for a few weekends and then went back and forth between the 60 and the 48 and started seeing some real improvement. I did a simple KE spin to inverted flat spin to a high speed 360 KE circle, to a one-and-three-quarter snap to inverted, up to a pop top, then an awkward attempt at a big rolling circle, and was met at the flight line after the flight by the club's head instructor like it was a victory parade down 5th Avenue. Didn't do much, none of it was low, but some are easily impressed. The Edge is a solid skills-developer that you can move on to any airframe from.

My first 3D plane was a 47 inch Extra and I really enjoyed flying it fast and jamming sticks around. But I am learning so much more between the EF 48 and 60 Edge because you can develop the stick movements and spacial awareness with more confidence, IMO.

Tom flew all Extras for a while, then the 48 and 60 EF Edges. He then flew Frank's 78 Extra like it was the 48 Edge, and now moved those developed skills into 50cc Extras and flew the 104 Extra two weekends ago like it was the 60.

Either way, none of these planes fly themselves so eventually, we also have to walk the walk. If you are a novice, like me, it's my opinion that the Edge is where the confidence is developed. On the other hand, some guys stick with the Extra's and keep plowing the field with them, but feel they have an excuse. In air combat, there is an old saying about cheating... "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying".
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:33 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,455 Posts
I might have to pick up an edge, and use some 5245s on it, so I can get some HV servos for my MXS or Extra. I have an extra V1 troque 4016t/500, which would probably work just fine in an edge.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:34 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post

@Everybody~ I am on the fence on whether I like the yellow or green MXS, which do you all prefer?
Hard choice, but i like the yellow.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:43 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Does EF ever send out coupon codes or do sales or anything?
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:43 AM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,351 Posts
Quote:

Green...biased though since i have a larger green MXS as well.

I know they are going to e-week unsure about HAEFFI
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:44 AM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
occasionally they do...i know this past year they had an awesome sale during the toledo event

However they have said already their profit margins are getting slimmer and slimmer all the time due rising labor costs in china. Honestly, sales are nice but the airframes are worth every penny
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:48 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
I think they previously stated that they aren't making very much on airframes as it is so they don't do sales often. The 48'' seem expensive but they are longer than the other companies 48'' airframes. My EF 48 Edge was almost as big as my 51'' Slick. If you go to the 60'' size planes you are saving $30 dollars vs. the competition(whose planes are a little smaller). Overall i feel i get the most "bang for my buck" from my EXPs
hone1er is offline Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:53 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
I think they previously stated that they aren't making very much on airframes as it is so they don't do sales often. The 48'' seem expensive but they are longer than the other companies 48'' airframes. My EF 48 Edge was almost as big as my 51'' Slick. If you go to the 60'' size planes you are saving $30 dollars vs. the competition(whose planes are a little smaller)
Despite them not going on sale, that has not deterred me either. Any way you look at it, EF planes are some of the most competitively priced aircraft in the industry.

Living in Ga, we are also kinda lucky we can avoid the shipping fees by LPU... on some larger models, this in itself can amount to a significant amount of savings.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:21 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,418 Posts
Quote:
Despite them not going on sale, that has not deterred me either. Any way you look at it, EF planes are some of the most competitively priced aircraft in the industry.

Living in Ga, we are also kinda lucky we can avoid the shipping fees by LPU... on some larger models, this in itself can amount to a significant amount of savings.
lucky, shipping is often the deal breaker living on west coast
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts