HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:46 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,123 Posts
I've just replaced the bearings on my motor...
very easy if you see this video....

http://www.scorpionsystem.com/buildi.../change_shaft/
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:49 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,865 Posts
Scorpion has a video of it some where

Extra got fixed tonight so that will go back up in the air this week, so glad I learned how to make airplanes from a box of sticks back in the day. Lg on the MXS on now, that's also been repaired!. Just a sanity check on my MXS. I've tried to get it straightened out regarding the thrust line and I'm not there yet. I've trimmed it out so that I've had to add a bunch of down trim to keep it flying level.

I still need to add more down thrust correct? It's about 2 more degrees from the looks of it.

oh one other thing, I got a really nice flat spin on my mxs today. Rite around 4:10
MXS harrier fail (6 min 27 sec)

Thanks LWRC for reminding me
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Last edited by stgdz; Sep 16, 2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:40 PM
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazo View Post
I've just replaced the bearings on my motor...
very easy if you see this video....

http://www.scorpionsystem.com/buildi.../change_shaft/
Thanks!
Trill is offline Find More Posts by Trill
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:11 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,519 Posts
What is everyones feelings about these servos:

Airtronics #94820 Digital MG Servo

vs

HiTec HS5245MG's
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:05 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,709 Posts
I have the ATX on my elevator and 5245's on everything else. The ATX is a better servo in torque and accuracy. It also just seems to be better quality when you watch it move so very precisely. But it is NOTICEABLY slower! It does not bother me at all on the elevator, not sure if I would be ok with it on everything else or not????
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:40 AM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
I have the ATX on my elevator and 5245's on everything else. The ATX is a better servo in torque and accuracy. It also just seems to be better quality when you watch it move so very precisely. But it is NOTICEABLY slower! It does not bother me at all on the elevator, not sure if I would be ok with it on everything else or not????
Thanks....

Is there a servo that will provide better speed and centering than a 5245 without breaking the bank?
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:47 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,648 Posts
I just maidened the Laser. I'm completely in love. effortless to 3D, great tracking in precision, a very nice complement to the slightly wilder MXS.

well done, EF.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:54 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
Thanks....

Is there a servo that will provide better speed and centering than a 5245 without breaking the bank?
Not really. Chris Jewett has researched this a lot and figured out that your choices are to stay at 6V and use 5245's or go to the bomb-proof Airtronics servos and live with the low speed, or go to 7.4V and use 3711's or 7245's. The specs for the BLS153 are good at 6V but I am told to avoid it...not sure why? It's also extremely expensive. I am extremely happy with the 7245's but for comparison I am going to test the Futaba S9070SB on 7.4V in my MXS and see how well they work.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:41 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
I just maidened the Laser. I'm completely in love. effortless to 3D, great tracking in precision, a very nice complement to the slightly wilder MXS.

well done, EF.
I have been pleasantly surprised by the performance of each EXP i get. They all fly different but all feel so locked in for me(although some feel "locked in" in different areas than other). I'm looking forward to trying a Laser but i might have to wait for the 60'' version. Good to hear that you like the Laser, sounds like a good all around plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
Not really. Chris Jewett has researched this a lot and figured out that your choices are to stay at 6V and use 5245's or go to the bomb-proof Airtronics servos and live with the low speed, or go to 7.4V and use 3711's or 7245's. The specs for the BLS153 are good at 6V but I am told to avoid it...not sure why? It's also extremely expensive. I am extremely happy with the 7245's but for comparison I am going to test the Futaba S9070SB on 7.4V in my MXS and see how well they work.
Can't wait to hear what you find with the Futaba servos.
hone1er is offline Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:58 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,865 Posts
Hone1r,

The laser is the most stable out of all the 48 exps. It just locks in. It can still go all out like the otgers but I've found I push myself lower and lower on harrier and hover with it.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:07 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,317 Posts
[QUOTE=hone1er;22756112]I have been pleasantly surprised by the performance of each EXP i get. They all fly different but all feel so locked in for me(although some feel "locked in" in different areas than other). I'm looking forward to trying a Laser but i might have to wait for the 60'' version. Good to hear that you like the Laser, sounds like a good all around plane.

if I can make it to Lodi, I'll bring my laser and you can fly it
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:10 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,195 Posts
That'd be awesome!! I'm going to ask for those days off today.
hone1er is offline Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:48 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,604 Posts
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:29 PM
Honeybadger don't care...
Orlando, FL
Joined May 2010
1,514 Posts