HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:42 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
A parachute would have shown if the balance is off wouldn't it?
I heard that a few people added a stack of quarters to one wing of a plane at a fly in to find out if lateral balance matters. I believe they found it made no difference.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:46 AM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
What a gorgeous day to be out flying! We are at RAA, our local field. Gonna spend the day with OZ before he ships across the pond for a while. Wind is like maybe 2mph. Great trimming day and for drawing big lines. ( and hucking low)
yeah yeah rub it in...i am stuck at work with the MXS and Laser at home ready to maiden. I did bring the DLG in with me though so hopefully i can sneak out during lunch and get some throwing in
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:53 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,453 Posts
Quote:
thats the weird thing dead, it rolls on a loop. even after i doubled checked the aileron trim and found the left was slightly up it still rolled right after i fixed it. then i took it back up and did dives with just up elevator. no mixes on elevatorv as master, just slave on ke mixes. it wont dropna wing on a parachute also

when i crashed it i tweaked the motor box and the thrust line got messed up ive used some washers to get it back inline but the left roll confuses me to no end. its only happening on the loops. elevator is straight
Did you check the cable between your aileron pot and circuit board, or monitor the aileron channel while exercising the elevator?
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:06 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Just got the servos back from hitec repair.

No elevator>aileron mix
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:19 PM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,885 Posts
Prayers sent your way Manta. Hang in there.
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,453 Posts
Quote:
Just got the servos back from hitec repair.

No elevator>aileron mix
I'm sure you'll figure it out. If you are only having problems with this one plane, I'd guess bad gears (get a loupe to tell--I've inspected gears without a loupe, thought they were good, but got a loupe, and saw what was causing my problem--just a little bend in a tooth can cause problems). I wasn't suggesting a programmed mix. But if the aileron cable connector to the PCB wasn't firmly seated, it might cause elevator->aileron noise...at least it did on my DX8. But if this were an issue, you'd see it on other planes, too. Turn off aileron expo, go the the monitor screen, and exercise your elevator. See how much play you get on the aileron channel while exercising the elevator. Compare to the rudder channel when you exercise the throttle.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:33 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,350 Posts
Good news and bad news from this mornings flights.

First off i got my MXS back in the air....very shortly. It was flying great sadly enough and i went into a low hover, tried a torque roll, it rolled over onto its back and i punch the throttle and pushed the elevator. Ended up rolling too hard and the push ended up putting the plane in hard completely annihilating the front end. Just one of those planes that i have always had problems with. Lost a motor wire on the third flight and broke the gear on an elevator landing, lost orientation in a harrier at the 8th flight and crushed the wing, and now the 9th flight its totaled. Plus side is i can pick up a 48" extra now.

Maidened the 48" Laser today....LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. It tracks almost as well as the extra does (the extra is just ever so slightly better), but the tail on the laser whips around so much fast than the extra did. Looks great in the air as well, with my 4s 2200 25c gens ace pack and my angry bird pilot the plane will hands off inverted fly and there is ever so slight KE coupleing nothing a couple clicks of mix can get rid of.

Does anybody make an aftermarket graphics package for the laser...i am not so keen on the setup that comes with the plane.
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:48 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,453 Posts
This is probably the same as comes with the plane, though it's better quality.

http://www.bandegraphix.com/rc-graph...sp?package=251
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:32 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
yeah shadow i cart wheeled my extra and broke my lg on my mxs. extra is going to take some work.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Sep 2008
428 Posts
I picked up one of the new Turnigy Nano Tech A-Spec batteries for my 60" Extra. It's rated 65C constant and 130C+ burst. It cost $100 delivered and so far it is simply amazing. I have yet to have it come down even the slightest bit warm after a hard 3D flight. It also seems to have improved flight times by about a minute even though it is a 3300mah like my other batteries. It's too new to know if it will continue like this but I'll keep you guys posted.
DonEmmel is offline Find More Posts by DonEmmel
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:45 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonEmmel View Post
It's too new to know if it will continue like this but I'll keep you guys posted.
Please do!
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:51 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Actually this sucks now that I think about it with my EF planes

-Laser down with thrown bearings
-Extra took some damage today
-MXS now has busted gear (after being repaired 3 times I think I'm going to pitch the LG)

So now I'm left with the Vanq and Edge. I'm in a 3d grove and haven't been flying the vanq so much even though I love it because it fly's so well but I can't huck it out. The edge, no matter how hard I try to fly it I can just never get in the grove with it, its just so floaty compared to the other three.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:31 PM
Honeybadger don't care...
Orlando, FL
Joined May 2010
1,776 Posts
If you are sure about the Laser and the bearings- just replace the bearings. EF has them for pretty cheap, and Boca Bearing makes great replacement bearings as well. If you don't know how to do it, I can send you a link to a video.

Quote:
Actually this sucks now that I think about it with my EF planes

-Laser down with thrown bearings
-Extra took some damage today
-MXS now has busted gear (after being repaired 3 times I think I'm going to pitch the LG)

So now I'm left with the Vanq and Edge. I'm in a 3d grove and haven't been flying the vanq so much even though I love it because it fly's so well but I can't huck it out. The edge, no matter how hard I try to fly it I can just never get in the grove with it, its just so floaty compared to the other three.
Luv3d is online now Find More Posts by Luv3d
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:17 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv3d View Post
If you are sure about the Laser and the bearings- just replace the bearings. EF has them for pretty cheap, and Boca Bearing makes great replacement bearings as well. If you don't know how to do it, I can send you a link to a video.
Why don't you post a link to that video on the EXP owner's thread too. A lot of guys would find that interesting and helpful.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Last edited by Doc Austin; Sep 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:43 PM
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
Bearing replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Why don't you post a link to that video on the EXP owner's thread too. A lot of guys would find that interesting and helpful.
+1 Yes, please post the link.
Trill is offline Find More Posts by Trill