SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:19 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Guys for those who have known me for a few years whether from just the threads or from fly ins,I've been fighting an injury and a system for a while now for medical treatment. Well, after all this time surgery was ordered and approved and I will go under the knife this coming tuesday.For those of you that pray I sure would appreciate if you would remember me in your prayers. I will be down for a while I believe after this.But hopefully it will be worth it after i heal from it.
This is a copy of the one I put in the 3dhs threads. These are the two main thread I hang at.
HHAEFI is gonna be tough to miss,hopefully I can be mobile enough for a visit but who knows.I just got the approval and surgery date today.Went faster than I thought it would.
Your definitely in my prayers, good luck. I'm sure you'll be eating pie in no time.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:20 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,356 Posts
looks like a full power horizontal KE spin/Lomcevak
shadow102 is offline Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:56 PM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,486 Posts
My family has been blessed to not have any car payments for 5 years, thanks to buying a honda and a toyota...but we just spent several months' RC budget on a down payment for my wife's new minivan, which she deserves. It's a Honda; engine an transmission both made in the U.S., and assembled in U.S. of 70% U.S./Canadian parts. Whenever possible, I prefer to spend money on good value propositions especially if it is made in the U.S.

Anyway, I am going to have to work to save up for that new 91" Extra I was so seriously thinking about getting...I'll see how it goes this winter. Might have to stick with the electrics for another year. It's not as though I don't have room to grow, and the 60" and 48" planes do fly nice, and my son doesn't seem handicapped by even the 48" plane he flies.

MNy wife has been so gracious in allowing my son and I to pursue this expensive hobby, she deserved to have a new mini van with good tires, better safety features, and air conditioning.

I often thought about pursuing some cottage RC business...but, to be honest, this business seems so brutal. Tip of the hat to Chris for sticking it out in the face of cut throat competition, import hassles, and the bad side of the forums, etc.

Here's hoping EF stays in business long enough for me to get a 91" Extra EXP...and beyond.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:13 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,332 Posts
Hey guys! We've had a lot of questions about the E-Outlaw we have been flying at the last few events. Here's some info - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post22736017
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:44 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Mxs problem, it drops a wing

Parachute 3/4 speed-1/2 speed no wing drop
Bottom of loop it drops its right wing and does this with other stuff also. Doesn't matter with speed on the loop either. Scared the hell out me tonight when it came rite at me.

I will upload my video later tonight but thus is one model that the motor box got tweaked but I got it flying straight now other than it pulls left on an up line.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Last edited by stgdz; Sep 14, 2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:46 PM
United States, GA, Cumming
Joined Feb 2004
2,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
My family has been blessed to not have any car payments for 5 years, thanks to buying a honda and a toyota...but we just spent several months' RC budget on a down payment for my wife's new minivan, which she deserves. It's a Honda; engine an transmission both made in the U.S., and assembled in U.S. of 70% U.S./Canadian parts. Whenever possible, I prefer to spend money on good value propositions especially if it is made in the U.S.

Anyway, I am going to have to work to save up for that new 91" Extra I was so seriously thinking about getting...I'll see how it goes this winter. Might have to stick with the electrics for another year. It's not as though I don't have room to grow, and the 60" and 48" planes do fly nice, and my son doesn't seem handicapped by even the 48" plane he flies.

MNy wife has been so gracious in allowing my son and I to pursue this expensive hobby, she deserved to have a new mini van with good tires, better safety features, and air conditioning.

I often thought about pursuing some cottage RC business...but, to be honest, this business seems so brutal. Tip of the hat to Chris for sticking it out in the face of cut throat competition, import hassles, and the bad side of the forums, etc.

Here's hoping EF stays in business long enough for me to get a 91" Extra EXP...and beyond.
Kudos to you for taking good care of your wife. It's easy to get wrapped up in our own little world and occasionally overlook those who are closest to us. I have to remind myself from time to time how fortunate I am to have such a loving, caring wife and make sure I am giving here the attention she deserves and that she is able to enjoy her "toys" (she is a tennis nut!).
Don't sweat the bigger aircraft. The 60" airframes really are amazing and so very capable. They really can help you to take your flying to the next level and won't break the bank if (when) you screw up. I have every size aircraft from the 48" EXPs through 40%, and I consistently fly the 60" planes more than any others. To me they offer the most bang for the buck. I have heard this from both Daniel Holman and Chris Jewett, they both say the 60" planes are their favorite.
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:15 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2009
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
Hey guys! We've had a lot of questions about the E-Outlaw we have been flying at the last few events. Here's some info - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post22736017

Very Tempting...... That would be a lotta fun!!
NeverEnough is offline Find More Posts by NeverEnough
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:29 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
Your definitely in my prayers, good luck. I'm sure you'll be eating pie in no time.
buwahahaha! I just spit my tea out!!
Thanks buddy..
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:41 PM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
The 60" airframes really are amazing and so very capable. They really can help you to take your flying to the next level and won't break the bank if (when) you screw up. I have every size aircraft from the 48" EXPs through 40%, and I consistently fly the 60" planes more than any others. To me they offer the most bang for the buck. I have heard this from both Daniel Holman and Chris Jewett, they both say the 60" planes are their favorite.
This is so true. I've only been flying my 88" Edge the past three months and neglecting my 60" airframes. While I love my big Edge, I found my flying skills "slipping" mainly due to what I call "the pucker factor". I don't push myself as far with the big gasser as I do with the 60" airframes.

So I got my 60" edge out and got some much needed stick time and realized how much I've missed it. Now I'm really looking forward to maidening the 64" MXS.
MLT67 is offline Find More Posts by MLT67
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:50 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,628 Posts
Thanks MLT~ I am hooking up with Chris on Sunday and he is bringing up the 70" Extra for ya Thanks a million for your help and expertise!!
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nice Pic
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:51 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
Thank you all for the kind words guys! The glory goes to God for the talent and His blessing on my work. Glad you enjoyed the video!

Lone Wolf, As Chris said, the 60" EXPs are the best bang for you buck and are my favorite all around. When my 104" Extra 300 is put together and at the flying field, it's my favorite airplane. When I'm sitting in my home wanting to fly, the 60" Extra is my favorite airplane. (Well, the 64" MXS is a VERY close second and I've only got 7 flights on it!)
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:12 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Mxs problem, it drops a wing

Parachute 3/4 speed-1/2 speed no wing drop
Bottom of loop it drops its right wing and does this with other stuff also. Doesn't matter with speed on the loop either. Scared the hell out me tonight when it came rite at me.

I will upload my video later tonight but thus is one model that the motor box got tweaked but I got it flying straight now other than it pulls left on an up line.
usually cause by rudder trim, check that
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:42 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,015 Posts
Yes, my guess is your motor incidence is still off and your rudder trim is causing weird effects....
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:10 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
mxs wing drop (10 min 43 sec)

At 4:20 Just after the pop top into flat spin, at the end of the flat spin is where it put me in its sights with a right wing drop. I landed and noticed that the left aileron was a bit lower so I tried to correct it but it didn't fix it.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Last edited by stgdz; Sep 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:40 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,015 Posts
It is hard for me to tell, but that looked to me like your aileron (or Ailerons) moved and caused the bank. Maybe there is something going on with your servos or linkage?
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC