Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:50 AM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
LOL, funny. And I'm on your side. Glad our club doesn't have these sorts of issues to deal with...
Me too!
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:57 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Old

Now, if you go out in the mornings you can see them crash in the pits, crash out of bounds and just generally crash all over the damm place, but they think we are the problem.

So true!!! I watch these guys stuff planes into the woods at full speed, loose planes in the surrounding property, and yes crash in the pits. Then the minute my plane's shadow breaks the inside of the runway, I get reported!

Don't you love how after a killer flight, you can hear crickets! Then the next circle flyer gets a standing ovation for hitting the runway ..
Ducati Mechanic is online now Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:08 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
I heard some people saying the Laser is about the same as the Edge in harriers stability wise. Anyone think this is the case? I really liked how easy it was to harrier the Edge but i love the look of the Laser cowl and canopy.
I can't take credit for this but jpf said it

"The edge enters harrier better, the laser is more stable in it'

I have all the 48's and the laser is the one I flythr most. But in order of most airtime I.put in

1)laser
2)mxs
3)vanq
4)extra
5)edge

I fly the edge maybe four times a month, just never been able to excel with it. I got it because it was the harrier learning machine but I also got an mxs a couple of weeks later and kearned on it. The mxs can be a hard plane to fly but I grabbed Scottsdale book and practiced practiced practiced. (None of this was directed at you hon1r)
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:21 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
Don't you love how after a killer flight, you can hear crickets! Then the next circle flyer gets a standing ovation for hitting the runway ..
Yeah, I can put in an ass blisterer and when I turn around they are all walking around, looking at the sky and pretending they didn't see anything, but the first time I bounce a landing they are all over it like it's something to celebrate. It must be pitiful that the best thing in their lives is watching someone else fail.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:55 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Old women.

One guy was sending links of my videos to the board of directors and complaining that at such and such time I broke this rule and at such and such time I broke that rule. Really, don't these losers have anything better to do with their useless, pitiful POS lives than spend all day on the internet looking for evidence that someone is breaking the rules when no one else is even there?

Now, if you go out in the mornings you can see them crash in the pits, crash out of bounds and just generally crash all over the damm place, but they think we are the problem.
Why don't you tell us what you really think, Doc. He sent me four videos of Tom, too, "in confidence" trying to leverage them into extorting my resignation from the club. I guess he did the same to Shawn.

Here's my two cents, and it may be worth a point to say it... Dave thinks he's the hobo king of the Largo garbage dump, but he's really just trying to extort the resignations of the 3D flyers so that the FOGS can fly their little putt-putt high-wings into each other, and blame the Tx signal. How many times have we seen that?

I'm moving my second membership to Mid-Florida next year, Doc. Between Mid-Flo and MCRC, at least the leadership knows the AMA rules, and the FOGS at Largo can crash into each other all they want. He told me I was putting my son in danger by letting him fly like that. I sent our district 5 rep the rules, along with my interpretation, and he emailed me back confirmation, and this is something all 3D fliers should know...

As long as you are the only one on the flight line, you and your helpers (and there's an 's' on the end of that word to make it plural), can be as close to the flying plane as you want, without touching it on purpose. If someone else joins you to fly, then you have to work it out between youselves, and not fly within 25 feet of each other. So if you are alone, you own the flight line. Of course, each club can make their own FOG rules. So when they get control of the BoD, we may as well pack up and go, or get 20 3D guys to join the club and elect Doc the hobo king, and we can then outlaw anything but 3D flying.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:03 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,381 Posts
It's ok. I've been flying at SPARKS and at least everyone tries to tolerate each other. I wish they would move the sun though.

I'm sure the other club will now throw me out for talking about them on the internet. Is it 1939 yet?
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:19 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,203 Posts
I know it's right down the road from you, but I can live without that bs and the self-righteous leadership. Oh, and I found this picture of Dave and you can see the beautify Largo field behind him...

The Screaming Sheep (0 min 7 sec)
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:43 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Lol club politics, sounds like the terrorists have won at one of the fields.

Back to flying, been practicing inverted harriers and slowly getting it. Watching wamsys videos he arcs the rudder input when doing rollerz. Is this how you do them? I was just starting to practing two point roller as I can't get the entire roll continuous.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:49 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Watching wamsys videos he arcs the rudder input when doing rollerz. Is this how you do them?
Yes. The slower you're doing the roller the more you arc the left stick, the arc is actually in the throttle input but it helps slow the plane down. For faster rollers you don't have to arc it as much.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:26 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
and not fly within 25 feet of each other.
At the Largo field... the pilot "stations" are about 2 feet from the runway with no exaggeration. In order to abide by that rule, you can't land on the runway... which means the majority of the membership abides by that rule...

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:30 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
I just found out there is a huckfest next weekend outside kansas city about three hours from me! I have never been to a large event. Hope i can go!
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:58 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,577 Posts
Tom,
I am so sorry your dad cares so little for you that he lets you fly so willy nilly around the sky with no concern for safety, rules, and regulations. I know that at your age it seems like so much fun that your great dad would support you in such endeavors, but you will find as you get older that the people who really cared about you as a child are the ones that put limits on such dangerous activities. I can only hope and pray that at least your mother loves you enough to tell you "No, you can't have you pudding if you don't eat your meat!"
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:58 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,577 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but what is an FOG?
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:03 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but what is an FOG?
Old Guy (or geiser).

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:15 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
Old Guy (or geiser).

--Tom K.
Some start early, too. They're not all 'old' for sure.
It's more a mentality thing. It's the same sort of person who carries their ruler around with them so
they can check to make sure you don't have any stray blades of grass higher then your HOA allows

When they're not at the field or checking your grass, they can usually be found driving exactly 55MPH on I-285... in the fast lane
C_Watkins is offline Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member