HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:48 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
Is that yellow on the canopy and cowl really that far off from the yellow on the plane??? It looks really noticeable in the pics, I hope it's not that bad in person...
Mine is a near PERFECT MATCH!
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:03 PM
Santi
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,593 Posts
good to hear... i"ve heard a few people mention it, but that was the first picture I actually noticed it...
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:21 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
Is that yellow on the canopy and cowl really that far off from the yellow on the plane??? It looks really noticeable in the pics, I hope it's not that bad in person...
I think it is. And neither seem to match the fuse???
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:15 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
No.... not unless Chris changes his mind. I told him I'de like a 42" MXS and he told me the 48s" are as small as he wants to go right now. There are too many other planes eating up the production capacity.
42" is such a nice size to have, its my plane that I can throw in the trunk fully assembled and bring to the field. An extra or a laser in a 42" for $150 would just be the best. It does get a little squirley in the wind though.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:16 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,267 Posts
I think a laser in a 48" size is the best! Can't wait for the 60" laser!

When you start flying the big planes, 48" feels like 40"! With the added benefit of flying like a proper 3D plane. Anything smaller always seems to, give Somthing up. IMO..

If you've never had one? Get a 48" Extra! Amazing plane!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:18 AM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,011 Posts
I think the yellow colors are pretty close. The one problem is that the yellow ultrakote is so thin you can see the wood under it. So it changes color shades a good bit depending on the amount of light as a result. Same with the canopy/cowl, under natural light they look much closer than under a flash from a camera. I'm totally satisfied with mine and think the colors match well.
ryan_m is online now Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:19 AM
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Mar 2008
3,437 Posts
It is noticeable . I sent some pics to Chris. This is a first run so I figured there would be some kind of issues. It does not effect how the plane flies. And it is not really bad. However there is a slight color diff. I can t figure out if the cowl needs to be brighter yellow or if the Canopy needs to tone down a bit. My first thought was that the canopy is too bright. However I think it is close to matching the monocoat then the Cowl. This is all just my opinion. I would like to see others post what they have to compare. Still a wicked plane! I agree with Ryan in the sense that the monocoat does look diff at various parts of the plane. The fuse looks bright , however the wings look almost see through. So the balsa def. changes the colors and plays tricks on the eyes.
bigmoebbq is online now Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:40 AM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
I think a laser in a 48" size is the best! Can't wait for the 60" laser!
Make mine a 78"... gas version, please \

...of course, I would probably jump at the chance to own a 78" EF MXS... and be just as happy.
C_Watkins is online now Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by C_Watkins; Aug 28, 2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:13 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,854 Posts
Anyone here fly gliders at least full house gliders?

I wandered back into the electric glider forum and found this.
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdID=EFL4905

Its been really windy this summer and the places I fly at have some really nasty turbulent areas where I land. I've smashed many a gear due to this. That mystique ain't cheap either. I would be looking at about 300 in servos and a 100 in a power system.

Course that puts me in line with a 78" gas extra
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:51 AM
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Jun 2008
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoebbq View Post
It is noticeable . I sent some pics to Chris. This is a first run so I figured there would be some kind of issues. It does not effect how the plane flies. And it is not really bad. However there is a slight color diff. I can t figure out if the cowl needs to be brighter yellow or if the Canopy needs to tone down a bit. My first thought was that the canopy is too bright. However I think it is close to matching the monocoat then the Cowl. This is all just my opinion. I would like to see others post what they have to compare. Still a wicked plane! I agree with Ryan in the sense that the monocoat does look diff at various parts of the plane. The fuse looks bright , however the wings look almost see through. So the balsa def. changes the colors and plays tricks on the eyes.
I raised this issue at the planes thread, the canopy needs to be toned down a bit and the cowl has a darker shade which is made noticeable bc of the lighter canopy. It is,however, not noticeable in flight since it flies so good that one will be too occupied with how great it flies.
Wefinance01 is offline Find More Posts by Wefinance01
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:05 AM
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Feb 2011
1,026 Posts
I am a pretty picky person and we had a maiden yesterday at our field with the new 64 MXS. I did not notice any color issues, the thing was beautiful!
Mr Big Head is online now Find More Posts by Mr Big Head
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:32 AM
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Jun 2008
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Big Head View Post
I am a pretty picky person and we had a maiden yesterday at our field with the new 64 MXS. I did not notice any color issues, the thing was beautiful!
I agree, its a beautiful plane. Its a minor thing unless you got it for display only. I wonder if its an isolated thing. Im sure if I take the Cowling and leave under the sun for a bit it would lighten up to match the canopy.
Wefinance01 is offline Find More Posts by Wefinance01
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:33 AM
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Mar 2008
3,437 Posts
yea I was not worried about it at all. Just wanted Chris to know.
bigmoebbq is online now Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:35 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoebbq View Post
MLT also built this . But its mine!
Somebody else made that happen!
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:55 AM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
5,672 Posts
One of the reasons why some guys prefer to work with Monokote on kits is two-fold. It's a bit denser, and adds a little more strength, and if you cover a built-up part of an airframe, a less dense covering may take on a different shade than it does on the sheeted section of the plane. Since you can't mix paint to match both, it becomes something there is really no solution for -- especially outside when you have bright light passing through the canopy illuminating the plane from the inside. It's a no-win situation for the manufacturer and lighter colors are harder to maintain paint consistency for. On the other hand, getting Monokote to China is really expensive, some find it a little harder to work with because of its density, and my understanding is that the Chinese facilities get 1,000 ft rolls of Oracover from Germany easily and inexpensively.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member