HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:28 AM
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Oct 2008
1,570 Posts
Flight envelope comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
after flying the aeroworks edge and the extreme flight edge back to back i can see why the aeroworks one gets a bad rap. The ef edge is so far above and beyond the aeroworks one is not even funny.
Please describe the differences in the flight envelopes of the two planes.

Specifically, the following differences:

Wing loading
Harrier
Hover
Torque rolling
Snaps
Elevators
Waterfalls
Inverted flight
Ease of landing (I like to deadstick my landings too)
Etcetera

So, perhaps it's best to just describe how the EF 60" Edge 540T EXP excels rather than how the other plane fails to match it. If you will, please address ease of assembly, maintenance, and durability of the airframe. Getting both the big and whole picture on an airframe, its power system, and its setup is quite useful when determining what airframes to sink our valuable funds into.

Thanks for enlightening and helping us through your experience with both planes. I have not flown either plane, but there are people at my club who claim that the Aeroworks planes are superior.

Happy landings!
Trill is online now Find More Posts by Trill
Last edited by Trill; Aug 21, 2012 at 11:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Oct 2008
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
Thanks, I'll let him know. It's a blast flying with him...he gives me a lot of fun loving mockery, but we have fun. We went for a 16 mile bike ride earlier in the day, then headed to the field.

Here is the video from the flight previous to the last vidoe...this time I was flying MXS EXP, my son and I bantering. He didn't want to risk his Extra EXP yet, since he hasn't been flying much the last couple of months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aetg_eVYEMI

Sorry in advance about this music, but my daughter likes it.
The music is fine and so is the flying!

Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Oct 2008
1,570 Posts
Customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
I agree, there is more than enough room for these two great airframe offerings. Both 3DHS and Extreme Flight make great airframes.

I am now flying both, flying 3DHS for a while now, and just started flying EF, being a proud owner of a 60" Extra and planning on owning more, having flown a friends 60" Edge, another great airframe.

That being said, there is one area there is a currently a clear winner - Extreme Flight's customer service.
Yes, customer service at 3DHS was above and beyond expectations when Ben Fisher was on the phone and replying to emails.

Where is Ben? I have not spoken to or heard from him in months.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:04 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill View Post
Yes, customer service at 3DHS was above and beyond expectations when Ben Fisher was on the phone and replying to emails.

Where is Ben? I have not spoken to or heard from him in months.
hes retired.gone fishing..I saw a picture of a little trout he caught. (some of this bs is actually true unless i missed on the species of fish in the picture hehehe)
Manta1 is online now Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:30 PM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
I thought I was known for not giving a crap about brand wars...
You have got to be kidding. You're the one that quit rc groups for a couple weeks because a couple guys said they liked their motrofly better than their torque. lol

So you were a somebody when u give advice on here and do build videos but now you're a nobody, ok, got it. You should have just went with the "guys give me a pass, I'm only 15" excuse lol.

LoL u remind me of a buddy of mine that insults everyone on hobbytalk then is like gee I was only kidding why is everyone so mad lol.

Now someone post the is it safe to come in pic again lol.
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:46 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,698 Posts
Okay

jsmith285 is online now Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:30 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,338 Posts
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:44 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,100 Posts
N6145k - who is the one that made the comment on the picture? : )
Flazo is online now Find More Posts by Flazo
Last edited by Flazo; Aug 21, 2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:28 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,582 Posts
As amusing as the last few pages were to read, who else is anxious to get their hands on a Green MXS?

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,338 Posts
Not me. I have the faster/better/lighter/more aerobatic yellow one coming on Thursday.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:38 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,582 Posts
-_- Haha. Well, me likey green planez. They just look cool, to me. Not that the yellow doesn't look cool... it was a hard decision, actually..

But yeah, I can't wait to get my hands one one, period. The new Torque sounds cool too, so I'm gonna go with the torque unless somethig come up. 500kv on a 16" prop should be siiiiick. And I bet my green will go faster than your yellow when I stick a 15x10 on it .

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:45 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,338 Posts
I'm sure it will.

I still have to get an order for servos and servo extensions. I have some dubro and no-name long servo arms already.

Being me, and even though I'm happy with the 5245mgs in my extra, and EF still recommends them, I am stuck thinking that if I just get some HV servos, or some JR, or whatever--then, finally, I'll be able to fly like others. Of course, I know better, but still have this gnawing feeling.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:09 PM
"I like pancakes!"
Michigan
Joined Apr 2009
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Okay

Why are you here anyway??

...remember, The Dussia's don't like the Smith's
jdracing3 is offline Find More Posts by jdracing3
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:21 PM
"I like pancakes!"
Michigan
Joined Apr 2009
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
Both videos I've seen show amazing flying by Joe and Jase. I can assure everyone that Joe's win was not bought. Joe is a very skilled pilot and flew very well.
Lets lay off this brand war crap guys. Enough is enough. We are all fortunate to be involved in this great hobby at this time when there are really good aircraft available. Regardless of the brand you fly, we all share a common interest and have a great passion for what we do. Lets all do our best to encourage each other to better ourselves and our skills.
^^agree^^

Joe flew an amazing flight!! ...and deserved the win. Jase's flight was good but not his best. That was the first time he flew the "show" with fireworks. Jase and I chatted quite extensively about his flight and he said it surprised him when they went off. Joe's flight was very clean. Congrats to you Joe, nice flying!

John (Jase's Dad)
jdracing3 is offline Find More Posts by jdracing3
Last edited by jdracing3; Aug 21, 2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:26 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
John,

Those two tumbles he did were amazing!
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz