HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:40 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=GYRO=- View Post
check your email fellas, I've sent out the newsletter!
Looks awesome!
hone1er is offline Find More Posts by hone1er
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:26 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxcop View Post
Unreal, can everyone just let it go?? We're flying toy airplanes for fun, it's suppose to be our release and get away from the BS and stress in our life, please try to remember this...I hate coming home from a good day of flying and seeing negative stuff in the threads, it serves no purpose...

Lee
Im shocked by what happened yesterday! This thread has 5 regular posters on any given day. Questions, bragging, and on the regular a fair amount if BS.

I thought I was known for not giving a crap about brand wars... What was said as a passing "breaking of the balls" was taken as a accusation?! Now let me remind you, I made one flip comment, and then went flying.

When I got home there were people I never saw before, posting my comment over, and over, while fighting with them self! Last night, a few even decided to PM me?

People... You know what they say.. Opinions are like As.. Hol..

I'm not apologizing, because I didn't create that.. Some people need to sit back, and put them self in check.

If you don't like a post. Ignore it! If you don't like a poster, put him on your ignore list. That's what I do..
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:40 AM
It's gone...
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Aug 2004
5,104 Posts
Is it safe now?

Dang it. people still talking about it.
Later.
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:44 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Hopefully this is the end of it.. Or, people that I don't know, will repost this all day. Analyze it, and fight over it. Because I'm a very important person, and my opinion matters?
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:52 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
So pantera are we getting closer?
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:05 AM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,875 Posts
I like flying.
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:32 AM
Alameda, CA
Joined Dec 2006
2,924 Posts
Me too; but, not as much as arguing minutiae.

Just yesterday, for instance, I overheard a guy going on about Motrolfly and Torque being better motors than Turnigy - no way, get REAL!!!!
sgomes is offline Find More Posts by sgomes
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:32 AM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,597 Posts
Speaking completely out of context, hypothetically, and only as a reminder to myself..... if I posted something that insinuated that someone was less than honest, which I never do, and expected everyone to ignore it, which I don't, then I should be able to ignore the responses too, and not continue to try to get the last word.... IMO, of course.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:35 AM
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
Jase has a good club.

We have a good club, too. But at my club, some of the guys watch my son fly and look away, if they're not trying to tell him how to maintain a heading at a constant speed. True story, just happened on Saturday. The advice is good, but I figure if he's not interested, let him do what he is interested in. And he's interested in being a flip flop flyer right now. A plane doing a big loop or a slow roll doesn't interest him. So it didn't surprise me when he stopped listening. On Sunday, after our good batteries were out, I challenged him to dip his tail into the corn on a foamy that uses the 1300 mah's we had left. He went down to the ailerons on his first attempt, and asked "low enough." We laughed, I told him maybe not so low, so he did a few more dips but not as low.

I do wish more Dad's took their son's to the field, and let them figure it out, instead of thinking the Dad's can do better than the kids. A child's brain can figure things out much faster than an adult's. Other than teaching respsect for property and money, the basics of aerodynamics, the kids should be left to do things many adults cannot, because they will figure it out faster and have more fun.

Well, at least that's my experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzKxk_qwSNQ

He's going to fly his EF Extra EXP next weekend.
Great flying by your son! Great music too!
Trill is offline Find More Posts by Trill
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:49 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill View Post
Great flying by your son! Great music too!
Thanks, I'll let him know. It's a blast flying with him...he gives me a lot of fun loving mockery, but we have fun. We went for a 16 mile bike ride earlier in the day, then headed to the field.

Here is the video from the flight previous to the last vidoe...this time I was flying MXS EXP, my son and I bantering. He didn't want to risk his Extra EXP yet, since he hasn't been flying much the last couple of months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aetg_eVYEMI

Sorry in advance about this music, but my daughter likes it.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:16 AM
Alameda, CA
Joined Dec 2006
2,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
Speaking completely out of context, hypothetically, and only as a reminder to myself..... if I posted something that insinuated that someone was less than honest, which I never do, and expected everyone to ignore it, which I don't, then I should be able to ignore the responses too, and not continue to try to get the last word.... IMO, of course.
Of course!!
sgomes is offline Find More Posts by sgomes
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:31 AM
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Feb 2011
1,045 Posts
I put my RYB 48 Edge in yesterday. Dumb thumb move. After getting home I see EF does not sell motor box replacements so I need a fuselage or about 8 hours to repair mine. Anyone have a 48 inch RYB Edge EXP fuselage and cowl they are not needing? Can you say Long shot! Now back to your regular scheduled programing...
Mr Big Head is offline Find More Posts by Mr Big Head
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:38 AM
United States, VA, Berryville
Joined May 2010
363 Posts
Sorry about your misshap, I had to replace my cowl and body on my 60" Edge. It could probaly be fixed but It would like a beater plane
kellyzo6 is offline Find More Posts by kellyzo6
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:39 AM
United States, VA, Berryville
Joined May 2010
363 Posts
Oops I ment to say look like a beater plane.
kellyzo6 is offline Find More Posts by kellyzo6
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:42 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Regarding micro fasteners.

I stripped a head out on my hitec supplied screws last night. Almost didn't get it back out. Anyways...

http://www.microfasteners.com/catalo...cts/TWSSTP.cfm

The number twos are what I need for the 65mgs. What about the 85's? Are they number fours?
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz