HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:20 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
People are going to base their purchase decisions more on what they like, and how companies treat them than anything else.
Very true Doc.. Well that, and colors.. At the end of the day,as stupid as it sounds.. colors can make or break it. I think EF hits it out of the park in that department!

Can't wait to get my new yellow MXS this week! All that 60" 6s power in a wider/ more pitch sensitive package! Wow this is going to be fun! Coolest scheme I've seen in a long time, and I Dig a yellow plane..
Ducati Mechanic is online now Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:23 AM
TEAM EXTREME!
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Just watched Jase Dussa's 2nd place win from the King 50 event..WOW!! Killer flight man..Fantastic.. I like flying to Motley Crue too!! But my flights dont look anything like that hehehe
Where was that posted? I haven't seen it yet.
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:34 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
Very true Doc.. Well that, and colors.. At the end of the day,as stupid as it sounds.. colors can make or break it. I think EF hits it out of the park in that department!
My favorite Extreme Flight schemes always seem to be the traditional ones like the 48" Extra EXP. It is an older, traditional scheme, but I much prefer that. I just love it and hope Chris never changes it. In fact, I hope he never changes a single thing on that plane ....ever.... until the end of time.

Quote:
Can't wait to get my new yellow MXS this week!
Unfortunately I am near the back of the line because I jumped in so late. I didn't plan ahead money-wise and I had to wait until I could scrape up enough for the whole thing including power system, servos, and even a receiver. Thyere was no way I was going to scavenge anything off the 60 Extra EXP, so I just had to scrounge up the jack one nickel at a time.

Quote:
I Dig a yellow plane..
I wish we had mnore yellow schemes. I made an Extra EXP for real flight that is yellow with black and silver accents. It is just the original scheme with the colors changed, but it is the best looking plane I have ever seen. If you just start with a decent scheme you can move the colorts around and make something that is almost completely different.

You can find it here.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Last edited by Doc Austin; Aug 20, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:35 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph View Post
Where was that posted? I haven't seen it yet.
Jase Dussia King 50 2012 (3 min 34 sec)
cwojcik is online now Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:37 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,366 Posts
Well done, Jase. That was sick.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:58 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Just watched Jase Dussa's 2nd place win from the King 50 event..WOW!! Killer flight man..Fantastic.. I like flying to Motley Crue too!! But my flights dont look anything like that hehehe
Awesome, did anybody get it in video?

Quote:
Amazing that EF pilots are always pigeon holed in second place behind the magical 3DH planes.
I was secretly wondering about the roll of politics, money and fan base intensity, after noticing what looks to be a pattern. My son will tell you that Extreme Flight has the best looking planes. He doesn't have experience with a variety of planes, but he will also tell you that his 48" extra EXP is perfect in every way.

Jase is good, though I haven't seen his recent flights--I'm sure he's even better, and Daniel is awesome. DocAustin is good, but the videos I've seen have been demonstrations of how tough the planes are. I know when I try to fly like him, other guys at the field look away, if they're not giving me advice on using more expo and less throws.

But don't worry, the everyday consumer wises up to these sort contest anomalies if they occur. Talking about them might come off as sour grapes, and emulating what some might think is another's less than wholesome roll to sucess could backfire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
People are going to base their purchase decisions more on what they like, and how companies treat them than anything else.
I agree to an extent, not that I am representative of anybody but myself.

I try to buy good products first and foremost. The best customer service is excellent engineering and quality control in manufacturing, delivery, shipping, etc.

The way companies behave when there is a mishap does play a roll, as does the way the loyal fan base reacts when a newbie has a problem and no experience with the company or product, and takes it to the forums, i.e., when empathy for a newbie loses out to product loyalty.

On all counts, Extreme Flight, their sponsored pilots, and their fans win in my book--not that there aren't other good plane manufacturers out there offering good value propositions and a decent fan base.

So, while I wait for my new 60" MXS, here is a video of me abusing my 60" extra this last Satureday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXCkd9pZRro
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:01 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
Cool, thanks for the video.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:11 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,690 Posts
Quote:
Amazing that EF pilots are always pigeon holed in second place behind the magical 3DH planes.

Can you say payola, I know they don't fly better, and they sure as he'll don't look as nice...

I guess EF needs to be the top sponsor next year..
So your Saying that the Judges at the King 50 get bought off to fudge the points so the 3DHS pilot always wins? Seriously are you really insinuating that the judging is not fair?

Guess that also means you don't think that Joe wins the competition fairly.
Real classy statement.

Another Classy statement by N6145k
"I was secretly wondering about the roll of politics, money and fan base intensity, after noticing what looks to be a pattern."

Way to attack someone for just doing their best. Dude
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:15 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
So your Saying that the Judges at the King 50 get bought off to fudge the points so the 3DHS pilot always wins? Seriously are you really insinuating that the judging is not fair?

Real classy statement.
To chime in again...my son and I just finished watching both videos. Jase was good, but Joe flew better in our uneducated view. Nice flying to both pilots, way better than either one of us. Joe had more wow factors in his flight. Looks like Jase was battling a stronger wind, though I wasn't there.

Congratulations to both pilots.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,290 Posts
Quote:
"I was secretly wondering about the roll of politics, money and fan base intensity, after noticing what looks to be a pattern."

Opps, looks like you edited the post as I was commenting. Hopefully all is better, Joe flew great, based on the two videos I watched. I wasn't commenting about Joe specifically in the "pattern" comment--I didn't even know he had won. It was an outstanding flight.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:31 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,072 Posts
Quote:

Real classy statement.

+1 Dad... Joe's performances have always been creative and on the leading edge of competitive freestyle. Suggesting that sponsors, competitors, and judges, are in some way cheating, is much more than simply inappropriate.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:39 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,455 Posts
Gotta say I am glad I was not a judge, Both were incredible flights and a treat to watch.
My hat goes off to both of them for putting it on the line.

Would like to know the name and how too of the tumbling move Jase did in the middle of his routine.

And Joe just kept it coming in your face and on the deck, flew it like he hated it.

Again some incredible flying by both.

Dennnis
Dennis C is offline Find More Posts by Dennis C
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:45 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:

Can you say payola, I know they don't fly better, and they sure as he'll don't look as nice...

I guess EF needs to be the top sponsor next year..
EF is the co-title sponsor and co-founder of the king 50. Please get the facts strait when posting. Chris and Ben came up with the idea for the contest.
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:48 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,143 Posts
I think Joe's routine was a little better and he deserves first. Jase killed it too though and has amazing talent(i would LOVE to fly like him)

We should all just be friends

Brand loyalty is for sponsored people...the rest of us should take advantage of the fact that we can fly whatever we want and diversify our hangers.

If you can't tell i'm a double dipper
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Last edited by hone1er; Aug 20, 2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:49 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
Gotta say I am glad I was not a judge, Both were incredible flights and a treat to watch.
My hat goes off to both of them for putting it on the line.

Would like to know the name and how too of the tumbling move Jase did in the middle of his routine.

And Joe just kept it coming in your face and on the deck, flew it like he hated it.

Again some incredible flying by both.

Dennnis
I second Dennis, i would not have wanted to have to pick. I love to watch them fly.

Jase's last night flite on the 100cc yak was off the charts!!!! That big black and yellow thing all lit up was SWEET!!!!!!!!!

Thanks fo comming out Jase, hope to see you and your family next year!
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott