Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:32 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
2,994 Posts
Since you are powering the Rx by the Bec Pro, you are only monitoring the voltage output of the Bec, not the flight pack, right ?

Regard running 2s directly to the servos, I think one 2s 1500/1800 mah 25c should be plenty for the servos (more than 30A of current available) --> should not sag below 7.0 V, IMO.

Vien
vienquach is offline Find More Posts by vienquach
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2011, 04:29 PM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Oct 2004
323 Posts
Yes its gas, with dle 55. Im powering it with dual battery switch (emcotec) high voltage from 2 2S 2100mah battery 20C. Your right, i get some Blow Back. I dont think its my power source cause I think it can handle the power of the servos. For the Geometry of arm and horn well I followed the manual. Another thing is I change it from Blue Bird servos that have 25kg. of tourque, TG and HV aswell. Thats why I get this new servos with much more torque but same result. Maybe I'll try another set of servos for my ailerons. Any suggestions.
Micronics is offline Find More Posts by Micronics
Old Nov 27, 2011, 04:45 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micronics View Post
Guys, I have some question about my plane... Its not an EXP but still its an Extremeflight.
Its a 88" Edge. Even though, I have 2 48", 1 60" extra & 1 edge EXP. I have this problem with my 88" Edge. When I fly it slow to mid stick trottle my roll it a bit fast but not fast enough for my taste, when half throttle to full, the roll is so slow and its like I'm in low rate even I have full deflection (50').I think my servos are stalling. What bothers me is that I have 30kgs. Of torque each of my servo. Its Dymond 9999 TG. Its a titinium gear, High Voltage, .11 sec. Of speed at 7.4 volts. Now whats wrong with my plane or setup?
I'm running JR 8911HV servos on mine and get zero blow back even at crazy speed. I would look at your servos first.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Nov 27, 2011, 07:08 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,582 Posts
Try getting a high quality camera zoomed in on your plane and roll it and see if you are actually getting blow back...
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Nov 27, 2011, 07:53 PM
Team Extreme Flight, JR, BandE
Georgetown, IN
Joined Dec 2003
1,847 Posts
I used the Airtronics 94780 on my ailerons, overkill but I never starve for power.
Jeff
jwilliamsrc is offline Find More Posts by jwilliamsrc
Old Nov 27, 2011, 07:57 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,865 Posts
anyone here play around with the little blade helis at all? I was thinking about picking one up as I noticed that it helped me out with orientation a bit more.

Figured it would help with orientation in tumbles, its getting cold up here and I need something to do inside
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Nov 27, 2011, 07:58 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,582 Posts
Inside as in living room or as in gym?

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:11 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,865 Posts
living room, gym is for the foamie but most of them don't stay open at night
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:53 PM
United States, OR, Molalla
Joined Oct 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
Try getting a high quality camera zoomed in on your plane and roll it and see if you are actually getting blow back...
Better yet, he should get a cheap key chain camera and mount it on the fuselage facing the aileron.
jlloyd1995 is offline Find More Posts by jlloyd1995
Old Nov 28, 2011, 03:15 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Oct 2004
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlloyd1995 View Post
Better yet, he should get a cheap key chain camera and mount it on the fuselage facing the aileron.
Yes I got one of those micro cameras. I'll put one on my next flight to see whats happening in a high speed full trottle roll. Anyway thanks forthe help guys. I'll report back bt the time I solved the problem. By the way I'm beginning to put my 60" Extra EXP. I know I gonna love this plane more than my 2 48",because bigger is better.
Micronics is offline Find More Posts by Micronics
Old Nov 28, 2011, 06:01 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
The 60" Extra EXP is amazing!!! It's My favorite bird right now, due to how convenient it is.. I'm loving the 7min flight times, and massive power that the torgue,airboss,3600 6s combo provides. I'm loading the car to go fly mine as we speak!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Nov 28, 2011, 08:19 AM
United States, VA, Berryville
Joined May 2010
363 Posts
Hey Tim What are you doing to get the 60" to fit in your car? I have a RAV 4 and can just get my 48" Edge to fit in the back behind the back seat. Thanks Kelly
kellyzo6 is offline Find More Posts by kellyzo6
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:08 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyzo6 View Post
Hey Tim What are you doing to get the 60" to fit in your car? I have a RAV 4 and can just get my 48" Edge to fit in the back behind the back seat. Thanks Kelly
I take the wings off,and bag them for safety..The plane comes with a nice bag, made of the aircell material(like the larger planes) that keep them cool in the car. I also make sure the wing bag shades the canopy in the car .. It only takes two minutes to throw them on, and if it's a lunch break, or a fast flight at the park, I'll just skip the SFG's.

I like the size because I can still get away with flying it at parks, construction sights, etc..

It's Still a BIG plane!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:22 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro View Post
The 60" Extra EXP is amazing!!! It's My favorite bird right now, due to how convenient it is.. I'm loving the 7min flight times, and massive power that the torgue,airboss,3600 6s combo provides. I'm loading the car to go fly mine as we speak!

Jealous me ????? eeerrr Yep !

Raining and windy here in the UK
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:29 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro View Post
Tim, what 3600 Lipos are you using? I am going to order my Extra when the next batch comes in and was thinking about the Gens Ace 6s 3800's....

My kid has the 3300's and the plane is awesome too....
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1