Hurray more props came in the mail!

Gotta love RCdude's fast shipping.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:46 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
i just joined flying club... now doing reading about bmfa A test required to fly solo... that sounds more like IMAC!!!!! i have never done any circle flying! i can KE all day long, i can harrier roll, do all sorts of 3d flight, but how on earth do i fly figure 8 in wind not loosing altitude and so that center point does not drift downwinds or upwinds?? how on earth do i fly a circle with entry and exit points at the same spot? how do i fly rectangle with 90* sides???? just tried it on sim and cant!
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:58 PM
KING of PING!
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2008
1,052 Posts
Get some one else to pee in a cup for you
JDMCARPETS is offline Find More Posts by JDMCARPETS
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:08 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Just wait until gold wings test.
You actually have to be able to fly inverted for 5 whole seconds without crashing, plus you have to do three rolls in both left and right without crashing!!
Lol.

It's really not that hard to fly on the wing in circles if you can fly 3D, just use really low rates.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Last edited by bigroger; Feb 06, 2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:38 PM
United States, MI, Lambertville
Joined Feb 2011
801 Posts
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
i just joined flying club... now doing reading about bmfa A test required to fly solo... that sounds more like IMAC!!!!! i have never done any circle flying! i can KE all day long, i can harrier roll, do all sorts of 3d flight, but how on earth do i fly figure 8 in wind not loosing altitude and so that center point does not drift downwinds or upwinds?? how on earth do i fly a circle with entry and exit points at the same spot? how do i fly rectangle with 90* sides???? just tried it on sim and cant!
Is this a serious comment?
Balsa Breaker is offline Find More Posts by Balsa Breaker
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:50 PM
2.3 D Hack Bradenton FL
Joined Dec 2010
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Thanks for the kind words and including us Viet Nam Vets. When we came home it was a lot different than today, much appreciated.
Plus 1 Here.....

It was an era,,,,I hold no grudges. On e of the Hait/Ashberry group helped me tremendously 16 years ago.
Frankjp
frankjp is offline Find More Posts by frankjp
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:34 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,952 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words and including us Viet Nam Vets. When we came home it was a lot different than today, much appreciated.
My heart has always been with the Nam Vets. My older bro spent 18 months on a firebase in the DMZ and never was right after he came home. Strung out on Heroin he spent the rest of his life battling his demons with drugs and alcohal. It took that war a little over 30 years to kill him but he died 10 years ago from all the abuse. I've always appreciated the crap you guys went through and though I was a couple of years to young to have gone there I have had most of my best friends in my life were Nam Vets.
jetinteriorguy is online now Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:05 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
My older bro spent 18 months on a firebase in the DMZ and never was right after he came home. Strung out on Heroin he spent the rest of his life battling his demons with drugs and alcohal. It took that war a little over 30 years to kill him but he died 10 years ago from all the abuse. I've always appreciated the crap you guys went through and though I was a couple of years to young to have gone there I have had most of my best friends in my life were Nam Vets.
Real sorry to hear this Jet because there I are to many stories like this and it's about to repeat because of the abuse of deployments we are doing now. My son in law is leaving next month for this third tour in Afghanistan. 15 months the first tour, 13 months the second and supposed to be 12 this time. Then you add two months prior to each tour for JRTC training and the toll on him and the family is great. It's like my daughter is a single parent both grandkids have only seen him for half of their lives and they wonder why the suicide rate is the highest ever now in the military. Sorry for the mini rant. Peace to ya.
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:09 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,952 Posts
Quote:
Real sorry to hear this Jet because there I are to many stories like this and it's about to repeat because of the abuse of deployments we are doing now. My son in law is leaving next month for this third tour in Afghanistan. 15 months the first tour, 13 months the second and supposed to be 12 this time. Then you add two months prior to each tour for JRTC training and the toll on him and the family is great. It's like my daughter is a single parent both grandkids have only seen him for half of their lives and they wonder why the suicide rate is the highest ever now in the military. Sorry for the mini rant. Peace to ya.
I hear ya brutha. Peace to you and yours as well. I may be a relatively conservative person but have never been a fan of or seen the sense in our involvement in Iraq, as far as I'm concerned there isn't a single person there worth the loss of our boys. Or a single politician in Washington worth the loss of one of our fine brave soldiers, my hats off to all our vets and their unbelievable sacrifice. Such a shame it's wasted by the dickheads running this country, and that's on both sides of the aisle. I have nothing but the utmost admiration for our people in the military and nothing but the utmost disgust for the fools running the show.
jetinteriorguy is online now Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:38 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
I hear ya brutha. Peace to you and yours as well. I may be a relatively conservative person but have never been a fan of or seen the sense in our involvement in Iraq, as far as I'm concerned there isn't a single person there worth the loss of our boys. Or a single politician in Washington worth the loss of one of our fine brave soldiers, my hats off to all our vets and their unbelievable sacrifice. Such a shame it's wasted by the dickheads running this country, and that's on both sides of the aisle. I have nothing but the utmost admiration for our people in the military and nothing but the utmost disgust for the fools running the show.
exactly.
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:55 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
Just wait until gold wings test.
You actually have to be able to fly inverted for 5 whole seconds without crashing, plus you have to do three rolls in both left and right without crashing!!
Lol.

It's really not that hard to fly on the wing in circles if you can fly 3D, just use really low rates.
maybe im looking at it from perfectionist angle...
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:49 AM
Deutschland, BW, Ebersbach an der Fils
Joined May 2011
338 Posts
Extreme Flight Yak 48" Exp is availible in Europe

http://aerobertics.be/productDetail....&cat=1&brand=5

http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-v...&c=6543&p=6543

Bernd
morrigan is offline Find More Posts by morrigan
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:00 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,402 Posts
Life is so unfair sometimes.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:06 AM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,401 Posts
My understanding is that Chris was supposed to fly the 91" Yak yesterday and a camera was supposed to be on hand. Does anyone (Chris) have details?

Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:16 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrigan View Post
but not rwb...