Yeah, what happened to the elevator?
Trill is offline Find More Posts by Trill
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:01 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
looked like he smacked it on the runway doing that last KE.
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:12 PM
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
50cc to 60cc and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
The EME is available in 35, 60, and 120cc

35- $250
60- $350
120- $700

The 60 has been getting excellent review on FG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moy3enV_u5w
I thought I did not want/need anything beyond my 50cc plane. But after seeing the
Extra 300 EXP perform (especially missing an elevator half), looks like I'm gonna need a bigger plane!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:29 PM
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
Prefer to fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
You're too far, or I'd ask how much. Assembly and tinkering is the least favorite part of the hobby for me. I've got two different planes going right now, and a third that needs to get going.
I know what you mean. I do a decent job with the assembly/build, but the artist and perfectionist in me decided to go with someone with skills for the build of my MXS.

My wife tells me that the better I get at building planes, the more that I'll enjoy it. She's right, but I'd rather fly than build!
Last edited by Trill; Jan 23, 2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:32 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,455 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one!
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:09 PM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
I made the choice to try the motor because chad was great to deal with and i've seen more and more of these eme 60's getting compared to the da 60's in terms of power... Normally I like to support the American made product, but at over a $300 difference for the DA with muffler, that's not always an option...

The video of the eme on the 91 is impressive. I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out.. The plus side is this will be under warranty where my dle55 was not. So for the power increase and peace of mind, it's definitely worth it for me..
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:10 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
They're getting 6960 RPMs with a 24x10 prop on the DA-60 and a KS pipe. This is great power for such a light engine. I'm basically done with all other engines except DA and Revolution from Canada, the R-50, which is a 52cc that can swing the 24x8 laminated Xoar gas prop to almost 7000 RPMs.

The DA with ignition, header, and a KS pipe, comes in at 68.6 oz.
So it's still the best, just a question of diminishing returns? (I think you know this, but I bought the DA...still debating about that KS pipe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
I made the choice to try the motor because chad was great to deal with and i've seen more and more of these eme 60's getting compared to the da 60's in terms of power... Normally I like to support the American made product, but at over a $300 difference for the DA with muffler, that's not always an option...

The video of the eme on the 91 is impressive. I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out.. The plus side is this will be under warranty where my dle55 was not. So for the power increase and peace of mind, it's definitely worth it for me..
Yep, I understand and agree, and may pick one up if I get another 60CC sized plane just for comparison. I wish we had enough automation and that the automation was cheap enough to make things in the U.S. as cheaply as they can be made elsewhere, but we all know that's not the case.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Jan 23, 2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:22 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,171 Posts
I can tell you whatever MLT charges to put planes together is t much and is worth more. Whatever he puts together is nothing short of perfect
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:19 PM
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah and Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
I can tell you whatever MLT charges to put planes together is t much and is worth more. Whatever he puts together is nothing short of perfect
You're preaching to the choir, brother! MLT's reputation has preceded him!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:22 PM
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
The cost of things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post

Ever heard of the military-industrial complex? But this is not the place to discuss that!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:43 PM
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
Sometimes you get what you pay for

[QUOTE=LoneWolfRC;23907161] (I think you know this, but I bought the DA...still debating about that KS pipe)

Chris H. told an anecdote about the great quality of DA engines and their outstanding customer service and support. Chris seems sold on DA.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:52 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,280 Posts
Now guys no one is saying DA isn't super AWESOME! If I could afford a DA i'd be all over it but I just cant afford it now. If money was no option than go DA. Its nice to have other options though and it can only help airframe sales to have a cheap alternative.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:01 PM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill View Post
Ever heard of the military-industrial complex? But this is not the place to discuss that!
[QUOTE=Trill;23908096]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
(I think you know this, but I bought the DA...still debating about that KS pipe)

Chris H. told an anecdote about the great quality of DA engines and their outstanding customer service and support. Chris seems sold on DA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Now guys no one is saying DA isn't super AWESOME! If I could afford a DA i'd be all over it but I just cant afford it now. If money was no option than go DA. Its nice to have other options though and it can only help airframe sales to have a cheap alternative.
No, I'm sorry I am not familiar with that complex...

I would be sold on DA too if I could convince the wife it was necessary. Every DA I've seen was a powerhouse and the owner loved it. I was a matter of days from happily mounting a DLE 55 to my plane, but decided to try something new within my budget. A DA60 with a pipe would have cost me over $300 more, therefore wasn't an option for me... We'll see how the EME60 goes... I'll keep you guys updated. Looking for a prop now to see if I can get one in time for the weekend.. anyone have any 24" props lying around ?
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:11 PM
JKasprak
Fayetteville, NC 28304
Joined Jan 2010
827 Posts
There will be no power shortage with the DLE. Just use a 24x8 prop and enjoy.
propchief is offline Find More Posts by propchief
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:53 PM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,206 Posts
I have a DA-60 with a Falcon 24x9 CF prop and it is a monster when it comes to power and I'm totally happy I went with DA. However if there are other viable options that help people afford and enjoy a Giant Scale plane then I'm all for it. What ever gets you in the air and having fun - that's all that matters.

MLT
MLT67 is offline Find More Posts by MLT67