Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:59 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
well,looks like we get a touch of winter tonight. finally lol
Surgeon appt tomorrow. Will be in the ATL tomorrow. Wish i had enough money to cruise by a certain airframe group.

surgeon, that never sounds good, what type of surgeon?
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:02 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
Allright, you have just lifted a tremendous weight off your shoulders. Way to man up. When I find myself in situations like this I always think of the Lords Prayer, forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who have trespassed against us. You have always had so much to offer eveyone and are always so helpful, I hated to see this negativity drag you down, and now it's awsome to see you uplifted. Let's all just get back to flying and enjoying what we all love, RC planes.
That's a nice outcome guys and well done.

But lets remember WHO extended the olive branch.

Gyro, the ex member of rcg who is now banned and yet he extended the olive branch in an effort to calm an out of control situation on rcg for the benefit and well being of this group.

Well done Gyro, well done!!
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:05 PM
It's gone...
Joined Aug 2004
5,145 Posts
^ uncalled for.
_OZ_ is online now Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:13 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
I use steel hex head with the rubber bonded washers from Home Depot and I use a Ball Screw driver. On my 60" Edge the angle of the ball engagement allows the wrench to be pointed up and out of the fuse, can't get any faster and they do not loosen up. I use this up to my DA-60 87" Extra.
I use the same basic thing with my 48" Extra.

Locking washer, nylon washer then a steel hex bolt. Never budges while in flight. I use a ball screw driver as well, everything goes in and out quickly.
nofreee is offline Find More Posts by nofreee
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:18 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
surgeon, that never sounds good, what type of surgeon?
it is a post op visit. I hope he doesnt have to revisit my innards.
ortho by the way.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:20 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
i've been thru 2 back surgeries. now they want to do another one. i don't want any part of it, so hope the meds will help out.

hope your stuff all works out better than mine!!
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:26 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OZ_ View Post
^ uncalled for.
Sorry mate, but I disagree on this.

I'm glad its done and dusted, but equal credit I say.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:29 PM
It's gone...
Joined Aug 2004
5,145 Posts
But that's not what you said and its over when no one brings it up in here again. If you want to discuss it more my pm box is available.
_OZ_ is online now Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:44 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,302 Posts
Another dreaded double post.

Oh, the humanity!
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Last edited by Doc Austin; Jan 22, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:49 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,302 Posts
How 'bout them EXPs?

I've got a new rudder, wheel pants and SFGs coming for my r/w/b 60" Extra EXP and I could not be more excited. After I fixed the rudder Sunday night, I was not real happy with how it came out. I don't do very clean repair work and it would have made me crazy to have to fly it like that. I checked the Extreme site, saw they were in stock and called Melissa the next day to order a replacement with the other parts mentioned.

This will put the plane back into like-new shape, and I'm just stupid-happy over that. Like I mentioned on the 60" Extra thread, I made that final tweek that got it totally dialed in and was really grooving with it. Then I busted the rudder.

I still expect the plane will be dialed in after I put the new rudder on it. I just did not have the CG where it needed to be. I had the battery all the way back and was loving the plane so much I was afraid to make any changes. I finally got fed up with it being nose heavy and bolted 1/2 lead on the tail, which totally transformed the plane.

Remember, though, that I am using big 6s 3850-packs, and the much denser and heavier 65C jobs. With 6s 3300 packs the thing would balance fine.

I always loved this plane, but I've been so afraid of wrecking it that I have really held back and not experimented with it much. I have spent more time protecting it than abusing it, but that's now officially over. I'm going to order a red tomorrow and then start thrashing the poo out of this one.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:59 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
i've been thru 2 back surgeries. now they want to do another one. i don't want any part of it, so hope the meds will help out.

hope your stuff all works out better than mine!!
Ouch! Well i had a somewhat new type or unpopular SI surgery so hope it holds. Hope meds keep you out from under the knife again too. I didnt expect to wake up right after surgey in as much pain as I did, even while still kinda under. Whew
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:02 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,302 Posts
Manta, I still got that Edge sitting here. If you don;'t come get it I'm gonna fly it, and you know that doesn't always end well.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:28 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,081 Posts
Anybody try the New Talon 90?
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:57 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
i hate steel bolts! they dont come with that flat part to hold on to! had wings on my 42" for months without plastic bolts comming loose, on my 60" and ex-57" never had a problem with nylons aswell... only plane i hated wing-bolts was mxs... altough i dont mind laser way of putting wings on aswell...
With the steel bolts we use you don't need a flat spot because you just get it threaded and take one finger and spin it in until it stops, then just finger tighten it. You don't need to gomer it down to get the wings to stay on, just to get the bolts to stay in. So if you check them every flight and/or use rubber washers for grip, they won't come out easy and finger tightening (unless you have joint problems in your fingers, which is a perfectly good excuse) is easy and quick.

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:25 PM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Manta, I still got that Edge sitting here. If you don;'t come get it I'm gonna fly it, and you know that doesn't always end well.
That gives me an idea for a video challenge. It will be pure torture for you.

Fly an Extreme Flight MXS, 48" or 64", left hand pattern, like a talented warbird pilot, with a nice level runway pass 20 feet off the deck on each pass. No inverted flight. A couple of rolls are allowed.

I am not trying to be offensive here to people who like warbirds...I have one warbird right now, and have had and enjoyed others as well, but for some reason, I end up crashing them now. It might be because I don't have the control authority I'm used to But I have even flown my Extreme Flight planes like I challange above...when I flew my first one.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f