SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:56 PM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill View Post
I have not flown a Laser yet. I've flown the 51", 59", and 71" Slicks and they all fly great! If the Laser is more locked in than the Slick, I'm gonna have to have two or more in different sizes!
Agree! I've had a 42, 51, 70, 71, and an 89 slick. If this laser lives up I will buy one in every size!
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:27 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
I have not flown a Laser yet. I've flown the 51", 59", and 71" Slicks and they all fly great! If the Laser is more locked in than the Slick, I'm gonna have to have two or more in different sizes!
well let me put it this way... i have flown 51", 42" and they fly nearly the same, just bigger... than i have 48" laser,where only thing making me unhappy is small wheelpants() if mxs just didnt do it for me, than laser felt just as easy to 3d as slick, and plus it was more locked in high speed... if you are comming from slick, you should not be unhappy with laser.. i need just servos, propeller to go for new 60" laser... so if 48" laser to 60" laser is the same as 42" slick to a 51" slick, i will be one happy camper!
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:30 PM
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
48", 60", 78", 50/60cc Laser EXPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
Agree! I've had a 42, 51, 70, 71, and an 89 slick. If this laser lives up I will buy one in every size!
You took the words right out of my mouth, uh, I mean off my keyboard!
Trill is offline Find More Posts by Trill
Last edited by Trill; Jan 20, 2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:32 PM
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
well let me put it this way... i have flown 51", 42" and they fly nearly the same, just bigger... than i have 48" laser,where only thing making me unhappy is small wheelpants() if mxs just didnt do it for me, than laser felt just as easy to 3d as slick, and plus it was more locked in high speed... if you are comming from slick, you should not be unhappy with laser.. i need just servos, propeller to go for new 60" laser... so if 48" laser to 60" laser is the same as 42" slick to a 51" slick, i will be one happy camper!
That's good to know. Thanks for sharing your insights and experience!
Last edited by Trill; Jan 20, 2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:34 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucdme3d View Post
the relations are all in your hands buddy. The events are just awesome to see all the different planes.
+10000000000000000000000000000000
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:50 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
the plane is no joke and you could probably just flick a switch for some rudder trim and troll around in high alpha all day long with just your right hand. Its so stable in harrier its not even funny.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:03 PM
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
Excellent until the progression to perfection is complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
the plane is no joke and you could probably just flick a switch for some rudder trim and troll around in high alpha all day long with just your right hand. Its so stable in harrier its not even funny.
Just what I wanted to learn! I've been waiting for a plane with the ease of harrier of the Edge, the precision of the Extra, the rudder authority and stability of the Slick, and the pitch authority and violence of the MXS.

Looks like the Laser will have it all!
Last edited by Trill; Jan 20, 2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:08 PM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Ok, now that we're all craving a laser, how long do we have to wait? Are they in production or still in prototype?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:16 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
The mxs has the most pitch authority, the laser fits between the extra and the edge where once you stay in harrier IT STAYS THERE and it draws pretty good lines. The extra draws better lines but the side profile of the laser is something no other plane has.

It does do weird gyroscopic thing though where you can just muscle it through tumbles and into stuff that the other exps can't.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:20 PM
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
Soon and very soon...

Quote:
Ok, now that we're all craving a laser, how long do we have to wait? Are they in production or still in prototype?
Stgdz informed me that the 60" Laser is expected on the next EF shipment from China. When I googled Chinese New Year 2013, I saw that Chinese New Year starts on 10 Feb 2013. If the boat is already on the water, we should see the 60" Laser in February 2013.

That's a lot of contingencies which means the truthful answer to your question is "Soon".
Last edited by Trill; Jan 21, 2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:20 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,455 Posts
Quote:
The relations are all in your hands buddy. The events are just awesome to see all the different planes. I was hard core ef until I went to an event and got to see and fly a ton of 3dhs birds. I've been dying for an ef event so I can get the ef bug again. i literally see zero ef birds in my area and video doesn't even compare to watching it live! We only have a local 3dhs team pilot so naturally guys fly 3dhs because that's what they see. The reason I was obsessed with the 89 wasn't because I didn't like the 91, it was because I've never seen a 91 and I saw about 30 89's in knoxville. I strongly believe the reason 3dhs has such a strong following is because of their traveling events. This bowling Green event will be nothing but positive for ef and their exposure. While I love flying back to back, absolutely nothing compares to 3d events!
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:29 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,455 Posts
Quote:
People and planes and planes and people are what this hobby are all about!

I understand what you want when you desire to fly a dozen packs undisturbed. I used to go to one of the flying fields in my area at 0500 in order to do just that. When I'm trying to get that straight as an arrow slow roll the length of the field... hovering your plane three feet in front of you with no concern about the safety officer... the four and eight point rolls with the perfect hesitation between points... the precise entry and exit on that snap roll....

Flying several packs without disturbance (or an audience) is great. But think about it. You need a spotter or buddy for some constructive criticism.

Hmmm... People and planes... Without people there would be no planes!
Good points, and I think people who enjoy events should attend them. We are all at different stages of our lives. I speak for myself, but this is what I currently aspire to as far as priorities: God first, family second, friends third, work fourth, hobby fifth, vacation sixth, and events seventh or lower, if they're close.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:34 PM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
Uhhhhhhhhh... ok
This would be a fun "fill in the caption" contest!
PS- i'm glad you thought I had a "cool story bro!"
Last edited by DaaBears; Jan 20, 2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:35 PM
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
Sir, good points made by you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
Good points, and I think people who enjoy events should attend them. We are all at different stages of our lives. I speak for myself, but this is what I currently aspire to as far as priorities: God first, family second, friends third, work fourth, hobby fifth, vacation sixth, and events seventh or lower, if they're close.
Yes, love God and love people sums up the commandments, the law, and the prophets.
Last edited by Trill; Jan 20, 2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:41 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Ive never had a problem flying as much as i wanted at events. I do get in awe tho by the good pilots when they get up there. So I will not fly so i can watch them and hoop and hollar
Is part of my enjoyment to encourage and compliment the hucks
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1