HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2011, 01:31 AM
Mallorca(Spain)
Joined Feb 2011
24 Posts
Thanks for reply. I've been thinking that the problem of heli is not only the limited movement of swashplate. Another problem is the tail is too much heavy. I will try to make it lighter, or try to use a heavier battery to increase the weight on the nose(a 64 gr lipo battery,but the place is too small).
Anybody try to use a different battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Wonder View Post
Hey Ferreret,

I'm not sure I understand the exact method you're suggesting, but someone earlier (possibly in the other thread) had proposed swapping the rod on the servo arm with a slightly longer one, so that at rest, the servo has more range to devote to tilting the swash-plate forward. I have no idea how/where to procure a longer one, but I'm thinking that would be a cleaner modification.
ferreret is offline Find More Posts by ferreret
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2011, 03:16 PM
Smokes
Australia, VIC, Kilsyth
Joined Jul 2007
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Wonder View Post
Hey Ferreret,

I'm not sure I understand the exact method you're suggesting, but someone earlier (possibly in the other thread) had proposed swapping the rod on the servo arm with a slightly longer one, so that at rest, the servo has more range to devote to tilting the swash-plate forward. I have no idea how/where to procure a longer one, but I'm thinking that would be a cleaner modification.
The servo linkage is adjustable so if you want to play with its length it's easy. Unfortunately the swashplate design does not allow more movement, it goes so far then stops.
smokes is offline Find More Posts by smokes
Old Mar 11, 2011, 06:16 PM
Mallorca(Spain)
Joined Feb 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokes View Post
The servo linkage is adjustable so if you want to play with its length it's easy. Unfortunately the swashplate design does not allow more movement, it goes so far then stops.
Thanks Smoke I knew that the servo arm is adjustable.

Today I made more experiments with the DH9100. I found the gravity center on the heli, and I have seen the gravity center is rear of the center of rotor head. Maybe is one reason of the poor power to go against the wind. Without the decorative tail bar, the center of gravity is very near of center rotor head. I've done a flight with gentle breeze, and the heli seems have more power to go against the breeze, and seems more fast!! Even I had a descontroled moment in a top speed. Here's a picture of the heli mod:

Old Mar 12, 2011, 02:23 PM
Mallorca(Spain)
Joined Feb 2011
24 Posts
Lipo for DH 9100

Hi! I found a lipo with almost the same size and weight of original li-ion battery, if somebody is interested in. The only difference is 2mlm more long:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=13955

The only problem, is the shipping cost to EEUU, because is in Europe.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 04:15 PM
Smokes
Australia, VIC, Kilsyth
Joined Jul 2007
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferreret View Post
Hi! I found a lipo with almost the same size and weight of original li-ion battery, if somebody is interested in. The only difference is 2mlm more long:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=13955

The only problem, is the shipping cost to EEUU, because is in Europe.
I bought these ones via eBay recently, about the same weight, same connectors, around 50% more capacity and pretty low cost too. I haven't put one in the spare 9100 yet due to lack of time but I'll let you know what happens.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....#ht_1727wt_839
smokes is offline Find More Posts by smokes
Old Mar 13, 2011, 03:03 AM
Mallorca(Spain)
Joined Feb 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokes View Post
I bought these ones via eBay recently, about the same weight, same connectors, around 50% more capacity and pretty low cost too. I haven't put one in the spare 9100 yet due to lack of time but I'll let you know what happens.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....#ht_1727wt_839
It seems great! And very cheap!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 02:15 AM
Joined Mar 2011
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferreret View Post
Thanks Smoke I knew that the servo arm is adjustable.

Today I made more experiments with the DH9100. I found the gravity center on the heli, and I have seen the gravity center is rear of the center of rotor head. Maybe is one reason of the poor power to go against the wind. Without the decorative tail bar, the center of gravity is very near of center rotor head. I've done a flight with gentle breeze, and the heli seems have more power to go against the breeze, and seems more fast!! Even I had a descontroled moment in a top speed. Here's a picture of the heli mod:

I have also done the same with my 9100 ferreret. Only because one of the decorative bars broke off in a crash along with putting a few cracks in my canopy (which i put scotch tape over), I was not planning on modding it.. however now the tail bar seems to move slightly when you twist it Do you really think it flies better like this? so basically there is no purpose for the decorative bars and horizontal tail fin?
Savoya is offline Find More Posts by Savoya
Old Mar 15, 2011, 02:56 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Here's the thing:

The front stationary links hold the swashplate at the front edge, and that is the effective pivot-point for the swashplate, NOT the center of same.

IF you could move the ball-mounts on the outwr swashplate back closer to the rotor shaft, you could then have more F/R travel.

Unfortunately, this is all academic; the copter is freakishly capable of going too fast for it's limited mobility already, and the resultant assembly would Endo itself like one of those failed RoboCop II's
Failed attempts at build (1 min 6 sec)

in short order.

I decided that there was too much LIABILITY in giving it away, and it remains in its box!
The combination of head-speed and limited control doom it to remain there, until????
It is NOT for sale.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Mar 15, 2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: gosh, I love this clip!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:50 PM
Joined Jul 2008
83 Posts
All I need is just one more shot of NUKE in my neck and I can handle this copter! Hell, with that I could fly anything!
Akeldama is offline Find More Posts by Akeldama
Old Mar 15, 2011, 09:02 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
I never thought of that. I bet if I just sedate myself, THEN, it won't dart around so much. At least it won't seem to.

No question about it- this one's a conversation piece. It does fly, but it also wants blood.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Mar 16, 2011, 09:32 AM
Mallorca(Spain)
Joined Feb 2011
24 Posts
Hi Saboya! I only done two flights without decorative bars, and I fell better performance forward, and more power against the breeze, but less power to go backward. The gravity center is now just a little bit on the nose, but I like it. I don't see any movement on the tail. Maybe is because I don't have a serious crash. If I find a camera man, I will upload a video of a flight with this mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoya View Post
I have also done the same with my 9100 ferreret. Only because one of the decorative bars broke off in a crash along with putting a few cracks in my canopy (which i put scotch tape over), I was not planning on modding it.. however now the tail bar seems to move slightly when you twist it Do you really think it flies better like this? so basically there is no purpose for the decorative bars and horizontal tail fin?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 01:37 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
Here's the thing:
I decided that there was too much LIABILITY in giving it away, and it remains in its box!
The combination of head-speed and limited control doom it to remain there, until????
It is NOT for sale.
Yeah, it's a real dangerous machine ... better keep it under lock and key! LOL!
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Mar 17, 2011, 03:09 PM
Mallorca(Spain)
Joined Feb 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Yeah, it's a real dangerous machine ... better keep it under lock and key! LOL!
I'm not agree. I don't have any serious crash until now, and my only experience are rc boats and the Syma S107.
I think this heli needs a big space without wind. It flies like a car on ice lake , but I love the top speed. Without the decorative bars is powerfull enough to control it forward, and it's possible to fly slowly if your fingers are sweet. For the moment I don't need a four channel...
Old Mar 18, 2011, 04:51 PM
Mallorca(Spain)
Joined Feb 2011
24 Posts
Another upgrade

Today I tried to connect to the transmitter a longer antenna, because I have it from another transmitter. Today I fly when suddendly a breeze pull my heli very far from me, and I'm very surprised to see I don't loose signal anytime. A few days ago I had a similar problem, and I loose the signal and luckily the heli fall on a big tall grass, without damage. I also try to fly with lipo battery, and fly similar than the original battery.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 08:58 PM
Joined Mar 2011
2 Posts
Is the S107 the best micro rc heli you can buy? I am looking for the best micro heli under $40..
Savoya is offline Find More Posts by Savoya